1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Modern Liberalism =- Authoritarianism

Discussion in 'House of Debates' started by palerider, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Mare Tranquillity

Mare Tranquillity Active Member

Proverbs 8:13, 11:12, 14:3, 16:18. While you may pride yourself on your own wisdom, you may not be as wise as you claim. Proverbs has a lot to say about pride.

2. palerider

palerider Well-Known Member

Pobably wouldn't hurt you to consider those yourself. It is you, after all, who goes about demanding special rights because of your sexual preference. Pretty prideful expecting special rights because of something like that.

3. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
    "Special" meaning equal

4. Mare Tranquillity

Mare Tranquillity Active Member

Equality is not an issue of pride. It's your sexual preference that allows you to marry the person you love, why should there be a double standard just because of whom a person loves?

I think the pride comes in when one demands and accepts privileges that they deny to others. I don't do that, I am for equality, I will not demand privileges for myself that I would deny to you, you can't honestly say that.

5. Gipper

Gipper Well-Known Member

Here is a very good history lesson for libs since they usually know nothing about history and in particular, how the Dem party is a racist party.

Also the author lies out the Dems current racist political strategies very well.

The ends justify the means...and they intend to use whatever means possible.

6. Gipper

Gipper Well-Known Member

7. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
    simple fact is, no Stalin, the UK speaks German....

8. Gipper

Gipper Well-Known Member

Stalin was involved with D-Day??? Really??? I guess to liberals he was.

9. dahermit

dahermit New Member

Liberal = any one who is not a rabid conservative?

And of course, all liberals are in favor or honoring Stalin with a bust commemorating his "contribution" to the D-day invasion?

The truth be known, it is arguable that the people of the Soviet Union contributed to the success of the D-day landing by providing the bulk of the resistance to the Nazi control of Europe. At least 80% or more of the resources of the Nazi war machine were occupied in the east. Several battles in the east dwarfed the battles in the west. If it were not for the efforts of the Soviet people, the D-day invasion would likely have not succeeded.

As for Stalin's contribution, it was mostly negative starting with the weakening of his pre-WWII purges of the the soviet officer corps. Also, his poor planning, poor leadership, poor decisions likely were all counter productive to the war effort. The Soviet Union prevailed despite his control.

10. Gipper

Gipper Well-Known Member

So, to conclude, you see no problem with a government funded museum displaying the bust of Stalin to honor his contribution to defeating Germany?

11. Gipper

Gipper Well-Known Member

12. Gipper

Gipper Well-Known Member

Yeah THC here is a good thread for you to review so that you can find out what a liberal is.

I particularly like the words by Churchill in the post directly above this one.

Happy reading and when you have completed your lesson, lets talk.

13. Gipper

Gipper Well-Known Member

Again your lack of historical knowledge speaks volumns.

Do you really believe the Germans had the ability to invade Great Britain? They had no landing craft capable of an amphibious assault. The Brits unlike the Brits today, were a tough people prepared to fight to the death and lead by one of the greatest leaders of all time.

Plus you fail to recognize that the USA would not have let Britain fall to the Nazis.

Plus you fail to recognize that Britain still had a huge navy and air force after they lost at Dunkirk. Dunkirk ended in June 1940 when both Germany and your beloved USSR WERE F-ING ALLIES.

A year later in June '41 Hitler invaded your beloved USSR. Hitler was not prevented from trying to invade Great Britain by anything your Dear Leader Stalin was doing. They were F-ING ALLIES...

So to conclude today's elementary history lesson for liberals, Stalin had absolutely nothing to do with keeping Germany from conquering Great Britain.

It is amazing the lengths libs will go to commend a communist dictator who murdered millions.

14. GenSeneca

GenSeneca Well-Known Member

Thread Necromancy...

What a great post... Sorry I didn't see this a long time ago. The only thing I would disagree with is the idea that Conservatives would agree to a live and let live society... I break with Conservatives on issues where they seek to control the lives of individuals who are not violating the rights of anyone, like same sex marriage and the war on drugs. The current "Conservative" ideal too would eventually become authoritarian because they believe the government's role encompasses more than being strictly limited to the protection of our individual rights... Any government that isn't strictly limited to the protection of our individual rights will necessarily become authoritarian.

15. Gipper

Gipper Well-Known Member

That is a great post. Pale tends to do that with regularity.

How does one believe the leftist monsters of the 20th century were conservatives? That is a perfect example of a useful idiot.

How is it the we conservatives can see these things so clearly, but liberals can't?

Liberalism is tyranny. Conservatism is liberty...individual liberty. But libs are blame to this and the consequences of liberalism.

Thanks for re-posting that Gen and thanks to Pale for writing it. If only libs could learn from it.