Millions Fall Out of Workforce

GBFan

The number of native-born, working-age Americans who aren’t working has shot up by almost 9 million since 2007, and by almost 15 million since 2000, according to a new report by the Center for Immigration Studies, a group that favors reduced immigration.

By late 2012, roughly 50 million native-born working-age Americans weren’t working, up from 40 million in 2000, according to the March 13 report, titled “Still No Evidence of a Labor Shortage.”

The army of idle Americans is important for the immigration debate, because advocates for greater immigration say foreign workers are needed to fill slots that can’t be taken by Americans.

The 50 million idle Americans include many who are studying, have chosen not to work or have retired early.

But the government data shows that 16.7 million native-born Americans wanted — but did not have — full-time work in 2013, up from 10.5 million in late 2007, and 7.8 million in 2000.

These unemployment and underemployment numbers include all native-born Americans who sought work in the last few weeks, are working part-time while seeking full-time jobs, and those who are “marginally attached” to the workforce.

The rise in the number of unemployed Americans was accompanied by increased employment of immigrants.

The data shows that 23.8 million immigrants had jobs in 2013, up slightly from 23 million in 2007, and up sharply from 18.8 million in 2000.

Werbung:
You have to be careful in this discussion to be mindful of going blanket/broadbrush. There are many skillsets that America is unable to supply and those industries have valid points. There are other skillsets where there are Americans capable but disinterested as the going rate is unattractive to them. Therer are still other skillsets that we have in abundance but who refuse to work as they can make as much from welfare (and fraud). This is a conversation America needs to have but honestly and frankky. Smoke and mirrors have to be set aside.

You have to be careful in this discussion to be mindful of going blanket/broadbrush. There are many skillsets that America is unable to supply and those industries have valid points. There are other skillsets where there are Americans capable but disinterested as the going rate is unattractive to them. Therer are still other skillsets that we have in abundance but who refuse to work as they can make as much from welfare (and fraud). This is a conversation America needs to have but honestly and frankky. Smoke and mirrors have to be set aside.

But, I think that is exactly the point ... so, let's put away the smoke and mirrors.

Fact #1 - The average house income has gone down $4,000 in the past 5 years.

Fact #2 - Even by the government's skewed statistical methodology, the people leaving the workforce has skyrocketed over the past two years (coinciding with the end of the 99 week unemployment benefit).

Fact #3 - The current regime claims job increases, but considers part-time jobs to be equal to full-time jobs, thus giving a false picture of employment. Full time jobs have gone down, and part-time jobs have gone up. Failure to adhere to accurate reporting standards has produced 'smoke and mirrors'.

Fact #4 - There are not enough jobs being created each year to keep up with the influx of new workers from high school or college.

Fact #5 - This problem is further exacerbated by the current regime's commitment to bring in more immigrants than there will be jobs created, thus putting new workers and immigrant workers in competition for too few jobs to support either group.

Fact #6 - Failure to implement aggressive, and effective, control of illegal immigration further undercuts American workers by taking jobs for less pay.

No smoke .... no mirrors.

This is my perspective and why the middle class is dieing. We have to start with Ronald Reagan, who at the behest of corporate american and especially large corporate farms that were formed gave millions of illegal immigrants comeplete blanket amnesty and did absolutely nothing to stem the increasing rape of our borders.
He didnt give amnesty with the blessing of the most conseravtive in the country out of the goodness of his heart, he did it because they wanted to dilute the american workforce and put downward pressure on wages. That was the beginning.
Middleclass taxpayers have had the privledge for decades of paying for their charity health care, education of their children and subsidizing the employers who hire them by paying for their workers foodstamps.
The democrats had an epiphany and fell in love with illegal immigrants because they saw a future with alot more democratic votes if they champion Illegal Immigration.
So thanks to both parties here we are. A greedy disgusting corporate america run by individuals who believe they are WORTH hundreds of millions in salary and options EVEN WHEN THEY FAIL and have taxpayers bail them out.
Corporate america out of pure greed and callous disregard for america and americans created our greatest threat in the future CHINA, they went from eating dogs to caviar while americans were put out of work in the millions and millions more became underemployed.
Walmart is the USA largest single employer, the 6 waltons have more money than 43% of all americans from the bottom up and they EMPLOY thats right have people WORKING for them that qualify and recieve food stamps.
The middleclass is dieing but the rich are making a huge tactical error. When the middleclass dies there will be no one able to buy thier chinese shit

This is my perspective and why the middle class is dieing. We have to start with Ronald Reagan, who at the behest of corporate american and especially large corporate farms that were formed gave millions of illegal immigrants comeplete blanket amnesty and did absolutely nothing to stem the increasing rape of our borders.
He didnt give amnesty with the blessing of the most conseravtive in the country out of the goodness of his heart, he did it because they wanted to dilute the american workforce and put downward pressure on wages. That was the beginning.
Middleclass taxpayers have had the privledge for decades of paying for their charity health care, education of their children and subsidizing the employers who hire them by paying for their workers foodstamps.
The democrats had an epiphany and fell in love with illegal immigrants because they saw a future with alot more democratic votes if they champion Illegal Immigration.
So thanks to both parties here we are. A greedy disgusting corporate america run by individuals who believe they are WORTH hundreds of millions in salary and options EVEN WHEN THEY FAIL and have taxpayers bail them out.
Corporate america out of pure greed and callous disregard for america and americans created our greatest threat in the future CHINA, they went from eating dogs to caviar while americans were put out of work in the millions and millions more became underemployed.
Walmart is the USA largest single employer, the 6 waltons have more money than 43% of all americans from the bottom up and they EMPLOY thats right have people WORKING for them that qualify and recieve food stamps.
The middleclass is dieing but the rich are making a huge tactical error. When the middleclass dies there will be no one able to buy thier chinese shit
Mr. Lenin ...... Is that you?

Cut back on welfare, keep the unemployment insurance at a minimum and the employment numbers will go back up.

I know two people who were on extended unemployment for almost two years....and guess what happened when their benefits were do to expire....

Two people out of millions thats compelling. Cruella there are no jobs and many that do have jobs are underemployed, still homeless and recieving food stamps paid for by me and you. These are not bums, junkies, lazy dont want to work people. These are people that work.
There lies everything thats wrong with the teaparty, they dont screw the people that dont want to work, they screw the people that do work and want to work by consistently denying or passing things that hurt them directly. Like voting down a small hike in minimum wage and in turn voting for billions in subsidies to big oil. The gop is great if your of the rich and for the rich, if youre a working middleclass american they rape you. PERIOD but their supporters that dont have squat cant see that

Two people out of millions thats compelling. Cruella there are no jobs and many that do have jobs are underemployed, still homeless and recieving food stamps paid for by me and you. These are not bums, junkies, lazy dont want to work people. These are people that work.
There lies everything thats wrong with the teaparty, they dont screw the people that dont want to work, they screw the people that do work and want to work by consistently denying or passing things that hurt them directly. Like voting down a small hike in minimum wage and in turn voting for billions in subsidies to big oil. The gop is great if your of the rich and for the rich, if youre a working middleclass american they rape you. PERIOD but their supporters that dont have squat cant see that

Aren't you glad you feel so superior to the average American? Doesn't it just feed your ego to look down on the poor uneducated masses?

The current regime forced employers - yes, forced - to downgrade jobs from full time to part time, and then you have the temerity to complain about it?

Aren't you glad you feel so superior to the average American? Doesn't it just feed your ego to look down on the poor uneducated masses?
Thus is the mind of a wacko liberal .... the only thing worse is if they typed in text lingo .... oh wait .....
The current regime forced employers - yes, forced - to downgrade jobs from full time to part time, and then you have the temerity to complain about it?
You will never convince the "sheeple" of the obvious ....

They are too busy blaming the "evil rich oil companies" despite the fact that the lazy ass federal government receives the majority of profit from their efforts through taxes ...

You know, I have very little respect for the Marxist POS Vladimir Lenin, but I have to say .... he coined and very accurate phrase when he referred to our dumb ass leftist friends as "useful idiots"!

Thus is the mind of a wacko liberal .... the only thing worse is if they typed in text lingo .... oh wait .....

You will never convince the "sheeple" of the obvious ....

They are too busy blaming the "evil rich oil companies" despite the fact that the lazy ass federal government receives the majority of profit from their efforts through taxes ...

You know, I have very little respect for the Marxist POS Vladimir Lenin, but I have to say .... he coined and very accurate phrase when he referred to our dumb ass leftist friends as "useful idiots"!

This is the narrow mind of a far right drone that is as clueless and as disengenous as it gets.
Everyone thats not as cracked as you has to be a liberal in your mind right.
Independents win all elections, not far right whackjobs not far left whackjobs but the bulk of all americans who are in the middle and vote in the middle.

You can spin whistle dixie wish they won at the alamo and do the jig but you cant change that millions of the halfway decent middleclass jobs are in china the phillipines india and mexico, sent there by the corporate greedsters. You cant change that walmart is the biggest employer in america and has workers on foodstamps that you pay for. If your happy supplementing the waltons payroll then you do it.
Big oil has no competetion raises prices at will, when they shoot the prices up every spring they break a new profit record and we give them billions more for free. You cant dispute that so you just toss around the abundance of BS that the teaparty is made of.
The greedy CEOs that you so love and cherish and massage regulary rape you along with everyone else. Big Banks who pay 13 billions in fines for stealing never do a day in the can, but a kid caught with some weed does time. You can blame everyone but whos to blame and most of the country <independents> will do what theyve been doing not believing your BS
Most who support the teatards are as broke or even more broke then everyone they complain about and the koch brothers just laugh at ya while you wash their drawers.
I laugh at most teaparty jock supporters, they run around on forums mocking and insulting everyone that doesnt agree categorically with all their bs, to the teatards everyones a liberal that doesnt agree categorically what the teatard politicians spew and most of you dont have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of.
Im deadcenter, I CHOOSE what I believe and it doesnt matter if its the right or left. I follow noones talking points or agenda and Im quite happy with pissing liberals and conservatives off alike.
You can keep dancing to the kroch brothers jig have fun

This is the narrow mind of a far right drone that is as clueless and as disengenous as it gets.
Everyone thats not as cracked as you has to be a liberal in your mind right.
Independents win all elections, not far right whackjobs not far left whackjobs but the bulk of all americans who are in the middle and vote in the middle.

You can spin whistle dixie wish they won at the alamo and do the jig but you cant change that millions of the halfway decent middleclass jobs are in china the phillipines india and mexico, sent there by the corporate greedsters. You cant change that walmart is the biggest employer in america and has workers on foodstamps that you pay for. If your happy supplementing the waltons payroll then you do it.
Big oil has no competetion raises prices at will, when they shoot the prices up every spring they break a new profit record and we give them billions more for free. You cant dispute that so you just toss around the abundance of BS that the teaparty is made of.
The greedy CEOs that you so love and cherish and massage regulary rape you along with everyone else. Big Banks who pay 13 billions in fines for stealing never do a day in the can, but a kid caught with some weed does time. You can blame everyone but whos to blame and most of the country <independents> will do what theyve been doing not believing your BS
Most who support the teatards are as broke or even more broke then everyone they complain about and the koch brothers just laugh at ya while you wash their drawers.
I laugh at most teaparty jock supporters, they run around on forums mocking and insulting everyone that doesnt agree categorically with all their bs, to the teatards everyones a liberal that doesnt agree categorically what the teatard politicians spew and most of you dont have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of.
Im deadcenter, I CHOOSE what I believe and it doesnt matter if its the right or left. I follow noones talking points or agenda and Im quite happy with pissing liberals and conservatives off alike.
You can keep dancing to the kroch brothers jig have fun

LOL --- you're about as dead center as my left arm .... all the name-calling in the world doesn't change your leftist leanings (in fact, it pretty much confirms it).

Like most liberals (and you DEFINITELY are liberal), you fail to look at issues in depth, but rather, spout the current popular ad hominen attack. Frankly, your naivete would be humorous, if it weren't so damn dangerous. You definitely qualify as a low-information voter, based on your cartoonish perception of the political environment and political issues. You make outlandish statements - much like the current president - and then are shocked - much like the current president - when somebody doesn't bow down to your obviously superior intelligence, and has the temerity to actually challenge your pontification from on high. Then, when faced with facts that do not conform to your mud puddle opinion (not very deep, but definitely clouded and dirty), you resort to this type of low-level, low intelligence attack.

Think it through .... spend more than 30 seconds on an issue. Try a little study, rather than serving as a non-thinking mouthpiece.

(BTW - you can come check out my window any time ... I have several. Be careful where you stand, though ... I also have a pot.)

LOL --- you're about as dead center as my left arm .... all the name-calling in the world doesn't change your leftist leanings (in fact, it pretty much confirms it).

Like most liberals (and you DEFINITELY are liberal), you fail to look at issues in depth, but rather, spout the current popular ad hominen attack. Frankly, your naivete would be humorous, if it weren't so damn dangerous. You definitely qualify as a low-information voter, based on your cartoonish perception of the political environment and political issues. You make outlandish statements - much like the current president - and then are shocked - much like the current president - when somebody doesn't bow down to your obviously superior intelligence, and has the temerity to actually challenge your pontification from on high. Then, when faced with facts that do not conform to your mud puddle opinion (not very deep, but definitely clouded and dirty), you resort to this type of low-level, low intelligence attack.

Think it through .... spend more than 30 seconds on an issue. Try a little study, rather than serving as a non-thinking mouthpiece.

(BTW - you can come check out my window any time ... I have several. Be careful where you stand, though ... I also have a pot.)

Another opinionated post based on hot air, you can put in every post what you think I am or anyone else I couldnt care less and lets be clear it was you that started the exchange with me an insult and a declaration as to what I am, I talk and treat people the same as they give.
You havent disputed a single statement ive made all you offered is the typical right wing rhetoric name calling and pissypants teatard tough guy act to deflect from discussing anything.
Faced with what facts WHAT FACTS, you havent offered one fact, you have disputed a single statment ive made because you cant. You cant dazzle me with your right wing bullshit.

(BTW - you can come check out my window any time ... I have several. Be careful where you stand, though ... I also have a pot.

Is that a veiled threat there bunky lol ? listen up, Ive got lots of guns, Ive owned them all my life and I carried them all my adult life. Im covered under federal statue to carry. If I tell you I have a pot its means no more than you telling me you have a pot on the net, tell me anything.

Im going to make this last statement, then either you dispute what I have to say or you go on ignore. I dont play the back and forth pissing contest with no substance, thats a teatard favorite tactic when they got nuttin.
I am for gun ownership, I am against gay marriage, I am against spending billions on climate change when theres no concensus its happening. I am for reasonable fiscal responsiblity. I am against Amnesty for those that have broken our laws.
I am for working americans not the bums, junkies, skids and lazy suckers that dont want to work, Im for the working men and women in this country.
The rich dont need any help, theyve taken it all, Im all about the working man who has been raped by big corporated greed outsourcing for a few bucks. No american should work and be on food stamps.
The far right expects people to work for peanuts, not earning enough to buy the basics, then they talk about no worker deserves a pension, Social Security and Medicare need to be cut or abolished. The fight to keep the minimum wage from being raised, stop unemployment for workers that cant find a job then turn around and people like you think its just perfect to give the richest industry in this country, who has no competition, who has never posted a loss, FREE BILLIONS in taxpayer cash on top of their record breaking cash. In 2006 Exxon Mobil during a huge spike in oil prices gave their retiring CEO a Four hundred million Retirement Package <400,000,000> and thats on wee tiny bit of the taxpayer money oil is given while raping us at will at the pump and everything else thats made from oil.
Dispute what I have to say or just move along

Dispute what I have to say or just move along

I just went back over the posts in this thread ... the only facts are the ones I posted. You, on the other hand, make grandiose claims without proof. So, let's get back to the facts .... and we'll use your post to do it. All quotes are from your previous post.

The rich dont need any help, theyve taken it all, Im all about the working man who has been raped by big corporated greed outsourcing for a few bucks. No american should work and be on food stamps. .

GREAT opinion statement - not a fact in the bunch. Thank you for your opinion.

The far right expects people to work for peanuts, not earning enough to buy the basics, then they talk about no worker deserves a pension, Social Security and Medicare need to be cut or abolished.

WONDERFUL ad hominem attack - not a fact in the bunch. Thank you for your opinion.

The fight to keep the minimum wage from being raised, stop unemployment for workers that cant find a job then turn around and people like you think its just perfect to give the richest industry in this country, who has no competition, who has never posted a loss, FREE BILLIONS in taxpayer cash on top of their record breaking cash.

Twisted reality ... it, of course, is false. As usual, you have failed to think it through .. the reality is actually completely different than the picture you try to paint. You try to create this vision of an armored truck, backing up to the oil company's door, and depositing FREE BILLIONS in taxpayer cash. Reality, of course, is completely different.

The true reality is this ... oil companies receive no "FREE BILLIONS in taxpayer cash". They receive tax credits, not cash. You know --- tax credits, those things Cuomo is giving companies to come to NY state, and DeBlasio is giving to companies to move to NYC. You paint this simplistic, naive, and absolutely erroneous picture that tax money is going into the pockets of rich, fat cat, oil company magnates. The truth is completely different. Those tax credits enable oil companies to produce energy CHEAPER - and who does cheaper energy disproportionally help? The poor and downtrodden whose fiscal throats you so blithely want to cut. Who gets hurt if the price of gas jumps to $6 per gallon? Do you seriously believe those 'rich fat cat, oil company magnates' care how much THEY pay for gas? The little guy gets hurt ... he's the one who foots the bill.

The cost of an item, any item, is made up of several factors - things like cost of raw materials, cost of production, labor at all the levels leading to the final product, overhead, real property, and taxes. The government decided that, in order to encourage oil and to keep the costs down, it was willing to forgo its slice of the pie. They didn't give money to oil companies - they forfeited their share.

Real facts - pesky things, aren't they?

In 2006 Exxon Mobil during a huge spike in oil prices gave their retiring CEO a Four hundred million Retirement Package <400,000,000> and thats on wee tiny bit of the taxpayer money oil is given while raping us at will at the pump and everything else thats made from oil.

Once again, twisted reality - and, once again, it is blatantly false (but, oh so convenient, huh?) Again, you try to paint this ridiculous picture of an oil executive grabbing money and running out the door.

Here is the reality:

The gentleman's name was Lee Raymond. "On April 14, 2006, it was reported that Raymond's retirement package was worth about $400 million, the largest in history for a U.S. public company. However, the majority of that sum consisted of retirement-independent salary, bonuses, stock options, and restricted stock awards from his final year and prior years that, while high, are by no means unprecedented among major American CEOs. Retirement-specific payments in accordance with the standard pension plan provided to all ExxonMobil employees totaled around $100 million, calculated based on his over forty years of service and his salary upon retirement."

In short, he worked for it - it took him 40 years to create that nest egg, and he did it through smart investment techniques and, apparently, good job performance. He EARNED it. (What a unique concept!)

Oh, by the way ... Exxon's profits that year? $36 billion - on an expenditure of $371 billion - or about 10%. Funny how that works, huh?

Consider your post disputed ... well, more accurately, consider your post corrected - with facts, not emotion.
--------------------------------------
Now, as for your faux rage ... and you ain't even good that THAT ... nobody threatened you. It is childish to even try to twist the words to get there. You want to whine and complain about name calling, but you are the one who starts it ... check out post #4 ... until then, it was a (relatively) adult conversation.

I am surprised - no, I'm not - at the demeaning attitude you take against the workers in this country. You paint them as incapable and inept - you should be ashamed.

Werbung:
Gosh, I read a lot of lefty websites, mainly for pure entertainment.

This one sounds just the same, reading off of the same script. I think of them mostly as inexperienced children.

They strive to out victim their peers.

Back