Mike Studeman: "Naïve" American public has a "China blindness" problem

Werbung:
which claims haven't I proven, moron?

unlike you and your claims about joe biden taking millions and cutting china a break.

And I wonder who the big guy Hunter was talking about ? must of been the stay fresh marshmallow man

And I wonder who the big guy Hunter was talking about ? must of been the stay fresh marshmallow man

so all speculation. lol. no proof at all.

i'd "stomp off" too if morons like you were constantly whining at me.

whos the big guy and yes the bidens made millions from China that's not speculation but fact what's speculation is would that had the big guy not helped

i think the big guy is god.

i'm not asking about "the bidens' moron, i'm asking about JOE biden. duh.

god you're stupid. lol

1. WEST 2023 — Following a week where most of the country’s attention was transfixed on a high-altitude balloon deployed by the Chinese government, a top Navy intelligence officer said it is “unsettling” how blind most Americans have become to the threat China poses.

“I’ll be very honest with you. It’s very unsettling to see how much the US is not connecting the dots on our number one challenge,” Rear Adm. Mike Studeman, the commander of the Office of Naval Intelligence, told attendees here at the West 2023 conference in San Diego.

“It’s disturbing how ill-informed and naïve the average American is on China. I chalk this up, if I could summarize, into a China blindness. We face a knowledge crisis and a China blindness problem,” he continued....

Source Link: https://breakingdefense.com/2023/02...merican-public-has-a-china-blindness-problem/

2. "In the opinion of the Government of the United States the coming of Chinese laborers to this country endangers the good order of certain localities…."

The Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882 barred any more Chinese workers from coming to the United States for ten years, the beginning of a ban on Chinese immigrants that lasted for sixty years. It was the first time the United States had enacted a law aimed at a specific national or ethnic group.

...In the 1850s and 1860s, Chinese workers had established a reputation as reliable, hard workers. They were credited with much of the dangerous, backbreaking work involved in building the Central Pacific railroad through the steep California Sierra Nevada mountains. The important role of Chinese laborers was recognized by the government in 1868, a year before the first railroad link between California and the East Coast was completed, when the United States signed the Burlingame Treaty with China. The treaty specifically protected the right of the Chinese to immigrate into the United States.

Attitudes toward Chinese workers were not universally positive, however, even before the economic crisis of 1873. Chinese immigrants tended to associate exclusively with each other. They had little interaction with European American workers. Some Europeans, such as miners and explosives experts from Wales, felt that Chinese workers competed with them for the same jobs and that the Chinese held down wages by their willingness to work for lower wages. At the celebrations in Utah marking completion of the transcontinental railroad (the railroad across the continent) in 1869, Chinese workers were excluded. This exclusion can be seen as a symbol of an already well-established discrimination against Chinese people.

As economic hard times dragged on in the 1870s, some workers in California increasingly focused their anger and despair on immigrants from China. In the summer of 1877, a mob of European Americans in San Francisco attacked and killed Chinese workers and wrecked Chinese-owned laundries. That summer, an Irish immigrant named Denis Kearney (1847–1907), who owned a small hauling company, became the leader of a local association of workers called the Workingmen's Party. The organization was initially formed to protest a lack of jobs and to support a strike (a work stoppage aimed at gaining better pay and benefits) by railroad workers. But, as noted in The American Commonwealth, in fiery speeches to disenchanted workers, Kearney cast blame on Chinese workers (whom he sometimes called "Asiatic pests") for keeping wages low and making jobs scarce. He gave speeches that several times ended with the crowd turning into a mob and rampaging through San Francisco's Chinatown. Kearney was arrested several times, accused of urging a crowd to violence, but juries repeatedly found him not guilty.

Kearney's political influence grew, and in 1879, voters in San Francisco elected one of Kearney's followers, the Reverend Isaac Kalloch (1832–1887), as mayor. The Workingman's Party spread to other parts of California. The party replaced the Democratic Party as the chief challenger to the Republican Party, which controlled the state government. (Political parties are organizations of like-minded people who organize to get sympathetic politicians elected to office.)....

Source Link: https://www.encyclopedia.com/history/united-states-and-canada/us-history/chinese-exclusion-act

3. A 70-year-old woman was brutally beaten and dragged across a bus in Los Angeles by a hateful attacker who mistook her for Asian American, according to local reports.

The victim, a grandmother who is Mexican American, was trying to get off a city bus Friday when another female passenger hurled an anti-Chinese slur at her, the Eastsider reported...

Source Link: https://nypost.com/2021/04/16/grand...la-bus-by-attacker-who-thought-she-was-asian/

4. A 40-year-old Asian-American woman who was pushed to her death in front of a moving train in New York City had spent years helping the homeless, New York Daily News reported.

Michelle Alyssa Go had been shoved from behind by a 61-year-old homeless man, Simon Martial , on the morning of Jan. 15, while she was waiting for the train at a station in Times Square.

She died at the scene....

Source Link: https://mothership.sg/2022/01/asian-woman-pushed-to-death-homeless/

5. * An 18-year-old student at Indiana University was hospitalized after being repeatedly stabbed on a bus near the university's campus

* Incident occurred when an Asian student was standing up to exit the bus

* A woman, Billie Davis, 56, approached her and began striking her in the head

* Davis then fled the scene, but was later detained by police

* Victim suffered multiple stab wounds to the head

* avis admitted to targeting the student because of her race and has been charged with attempted murder and aggravated battery

Source Link: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...udent-racially-motivated-university-says.html

6. Our hero may be the US top Navy intelligence officer but a "low social intelligence officer". He seems to be unaware of the anti-Chinese hysteria that has been whipped up by white supremacist lawmakers at the top and practised rampantly by the ordinary white racist folks in public places. In fact, Uncle Sam's Sinophobia that began at the turn of the 20th century is still a festering social problem today. While accusing the "naïve" American public of having a "China blindness" problem, that fella is unaware of having an "anti-China blindness" problem himself.

Additional Reference:

Try and make your posts a lot longer. Better still, put it in novel form.

Werbung:
Back