Mike Pence: Baning Muslims from entering the US is unconstitutional

Old data but just for a bit of perspective maybe.......
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/10/02/us/oregon-shooting-terrorism-gun-violence/index.html
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/10/02/us/oregon-shooting-terrorism-gun-violence/index.html
Using numbers from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, we found that from 2001 to 2013, 406,496 people died by firearms on U.S. soil. (2013 is the most recent year CDC data for deaths by firearms is available.) This data covered all manners of death, including homicide, accident and suicide.

According to the U.S. State Department, the number of U.S. citizens killed overseas as a result of incidents of terrorism from 2001 to 2013 was 350.

In addition, we compiled all terrorism incidents inside the U.S. and found that between 2001 and 2013, there were 3,030 people killed in domestic acts of terrorism.* This brings the total to 3,380.
UNQUOTE

Trumps travel ban is to make the US safer......

Werbung:
Yeah I guess that’s my point! I think the administration should let the intelligence community do their vetting/background checks or whatever it is they do (providing the necessary funding for them) and then let them act appropriately, rather than issuing/twittering nebulous statements to various airlines. Is federal law/international law/air law going to make the carriers liable for any errors? Will the carrier’s legal liability insurance be invalidated if they implement a non-carriage order that then turns out to erroneous? Are the airlines or insurers going to be held liable under their Personal Injury Extension clauses for denial of carriage under tickets based on Warsaw/Montreal Conventions?

The questions are all rhetorical by the way, but does beg the point that issuing an executive order to placate a braying public does have larger implications.
You seem to have a rather incomplete understandingof what's going on.
Vetting is a cooperative process between countries. Trouble is these 7 states are not providing adequate and reliable service. Halting travel provides incentive to improve.
Airlines grouse as they have to cancel flights but the grouse is part of the incentive.
None of this was a surprise. The only question was would it actually be day one or later.
The issues are small and limited and being managed.
Soros is spending cash to give the appearance of worse.

Old data but just for a bit of perspective maybe.......
Using numbers from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, we found that from 2001 to 2013, 406,496 people died by firearms on U.S. soil. (2013 is the most recent year CDC data for deaths by firearms is available.) This data covered all manners of death, including homicide, accident and suicide.

According to the U.S. State Department, the number of U.S. citizens killed overseas as a result of incidents of terrorism from 2001 to 2013 was 350.

In addition, we compiled all terrorism incidents inside the U.S. and found that between 2001 and 2013, there were 3,030 people killed in domestic acts of terrorism.* This brings the total to 3,380.
UNQUOTE

Trumps travel ban is to make the US safer......
I suppose it's a perspective issue.
If you were one of those people it would be very significant. If you don't want you or a loved one to be the next, also significant.
Is anyone happy with drug related violence ? Of course not. But gun legislation has proven to be worse than useless. The cities refuse to address their problem so it goes on and on.

Yeah I guess that’s my point! I think the administration should let the intelligence community do their vetting/background checks or whatever it is they do (providing the necessary funding for them) and then let them act appropriately, rather than issuing/twittering nebulous statements to various airlines. Is federal law/international law/air law going to make the carriers liable for any errors? Will the carrier’s legal liability insurance be invalidated if they implement a non-carriage order that then turns out to erroneous? Are the airlines or insurers going to be held liable under their Personal Injury Extension clauses for denial of carriage under tickets based on Warsaw/Montreal Conventions?

The questions are all rhetorical by the way, but does beg the point that issuing an executive order to placate a braying public does have larger implications.

Also begs the point as to why an 18 month to two year vetting process through five different agencies, both American, and International, where only about 1% of the applicants are actually granted a refugee vise, is not adequate.

Pandora, Most of the Muslim attacks in the west were preformed by cults. They have been condemned the chief Inman of the country conceerned.
Christian attacks like Wacco were also performed by cults. The recent attack on a Mosque in Canada is anoter example.
It is better to ban violence than to attack a religion or nationality.

Pandora, Most of the Muslim attacks in the west were preformed by cults. They have been condemned the chief Inman of the country conceerned.
Christian attacks like Wacco were also performed by cults. The recent attack on a Mosque in Canada is anoter example.
What Waco attack ?
If you're referring to the Branch Davidians they attacked noone.

Violence is already against the law save for self defense, or defense of property.

To bring in another perspective, here is a picture posted by Professor Heaven Crawley on Twitter:

C3U_4eGWQAEXQoS.jpg

Spot the irony. Question the motives (e.g. countries President Trump does business with).

Donald Trump has fired the acting US attorney general after she questioned the legality of his immigration ban.

Mr Trump also replaced the acting director of the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Daniel Ragsdale, who has been in the post since 20 January. He is the former deputy director.

You seem to have a rather incomplete understandingof what's going on.
As do these guys I guess :rolleyes:

Airlines grouse as they have to cancel flights but the grouse is part of the incentive.
huh........o_O but as you say I seem to have a rather incomplete understanding of what's going on.....

Last edited:
To bring in another perspective, here is a picture posted by Professor Heaven Crawley on Twitter:

C3U_4eGWQAEXQoS.jpg

Spot the irony. Question the motives (e.g. countries President Trump does business with).
I question the numbers. ISIS is a total mixed bag of nationalities. Moreover they are not shy about their stated intent nor is there any question which states support them.

I question the numbers. ISIS is a total mixed bag of nationalities. Moreover they are not shy about their stated intent nor is there any question which states support them.

Of course an uninformed person such as yourself would question the numbers. They do not support your Kings objective.

https://www.******/news/361805-isis-recruits-educated-study/

"The study also stated which countries “supplied” the most IS recruits. Among the top five nations researchers named Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, Morocco, Turkey and Egypt. Examining the countries’ economic situations on the whole, researchers found that “wealthier countries as measured by their per capita GDP, are more likely to be supplying foreign recruits for the terrorist group.”

Dogtowner , There is controversy about what happen at Waco. There was a fire lit and children were harmed. Who was responsible is debatable but the sect did start the stand. I think a useful figure would be the number of American killed by American terrorists.

Dogtowner , There is controversy about what happen at Waco. There was a fire lit and children were harmed. Who was responsible is debatable but the sect did start the stand. I think a useful figure would be the number of American killed by American terrorists.
The government sent tanks to a ranch commune. The BDs were odd to put it mildly and certainly a cult (and debatable as to Christian as koresh fancied himself as the 2nd coming) but they were attacked and killed over suspected weapons violations.
They were not roving about looking to murder people because the bible told them so.
You need a better example but you may be hard pressed to find one.

If the Branch Davidians started the "stand" as you claim, please explain why they did not arrest Koresh when he was out for his morning run?

Werbung:
Back