Michael Flynn resigns as national security adviser

The Scotsman

Read the Washington Post article
But Flynn’s undoing was more directly tied to his inaccurate accounts of those contacts to senior Trump officials including Pence, who officials said was incensed to learn that Flynn has not told him the truth.

Flynn again denied that he had discussed the subject in an interview with The Washington Post last week, only to back away from that statement a day later by acknowledging, through a spokesman, that while he couldn’t recall speaking about sanctions he could not rule it out.
.....seems everybody's in the "pants on fire club" in this administration....

Werbung:
President Trump’s ouster of national security adviser Michael T. Flynn, and the circumstances leading up to it, have quickly become a major crisis for the fledgling administration, forcing the White House on the defensive and precipitating the first significant breach in relations between Trump and an increasingly restive Republican Congress.
Even as the White House described Trump’s “immediate, decisive” action in demanding Flynn’s resignation late Monday as the end of an unfortunate episode, senior GOP lawmakers were buckling under growing pressure to investigate it.

Washington Post

Read the Washington Post article

.....seems everybody's in the "pants on fire club" in this administration....
Flynn did the right thing.. We will find out ore about this in the coming days and weeks. Way different then what we saw under Obama.
Make no mistake: we have just witnessed an operation by members of the CIA to take out a high official of our own government. An agency widely believed to have brought down democratically elected governments overseas is now practicing the same dark arts in domestic American politics. Almost certainly, its new head, Mike Pompeo, was not consulted.

Senator Chuck Schumer, of all people, laid out on January 2 what was going to happen to the Trump administration if it dared take on the deep state – the permanent bureaucracy that has contempt for the will of the voters and feels entitled to run the government for its own benefit:

New Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said Tuesday that President-elect Donald Trump is “being really dumb” by taking on the intelligence community and its assessments on Russia’s cyber activities.

“Let me tell you, you take on the intelligence community, they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you,” Schumer told MSNBC's Rachel Maddow.

“So even for a practical, supposedly hard-nosed businessman, he’s being really dumb to do this.”

Last edited:
This administration is coming apart at the seams. Its laughable.... its so absolutely bloody laughable! How is it possible for a President... a US president for f**ksakes to surround himself with so completely and utterly inept people. I thought some of our crew where crap but you guys got us beat.
Good luck

This administration is coming apart at the seams. Its laughable.... its so absolutely bloody laughable! How is it possible for a President... a US president for f**ksakes to surround himself with so completely and utterly inept people. I thought some of our crew where crap but you guys got us beat.
Good luck
It does seem that way sometimes, but then with a little research I find out differently (lol). We are just trying something new, while we can still afford it unlike Europe. The last couple of decades have been tough, to much spending and not enough earning. I'm willing to give Trump a chance

Really? Why don't you bring up some FACTS about your accusations, and preferably not "alternate facts," but facts that can hold water!
I see you are still just as lovely as I remember I stated my opinion. I could spend a half hour listing the idiots who have been appointed in the past and you would disagree with my opinion and that would be ok because you and I can't even agree on what a human being is so it would be pointless :)

It does seem that way sometimes, but then with a little research I find out differently (lol). We are just trying something new, while we can still afford it unlike Europe. The last couple of decades have been tough, to much spending and not enough earning. I'm willing to give Trump a chance

I like that you are willing to give it a chance. I wish I was more optimistic I do hope things go well I try to concentrate on the positive like his SC justice, a very good pick. And a few other things he has done like the defunding of planned parenthood and he seems willing to protect Israel, a very nice change. and hopefully stop Iran from developing wmd's. It's only been a month so more good things could happen

Werbung:
I agree it probably will. We have been on a down grade for way too long I am not sure I believe we can fix our government. I think we might be past that point
I agree, what we had was to far gone to fix, My hope is we are going to change it little by little. You know Trump at first wasn't even in my top 15 picks for president. But looking at it now, NOW I know anyone of the others would have already caved to the left and the media.. Trump still might, but I hope not..

Back