Mexico Paying for the Wall

Building a wall could be effective in solving America's security and immigration problems, even though it would cause a massive backlash. For instance, the past policy of no foriegners being allowed into Japan, Korea, or China, pretty much assured outside threats like being colonized didn't occur. On the other hand, people in areas of Africa, India, or Latin America let the foreigners in, often took money and weapons from the foreigners, and the result was colonialism and slavery.

Of course, the idea that the US should isolate itself now is morally and economically unreasonable.

Werbung:
A wall is ultimately not going to have the impact on illegals coming across the border that everyone thinks. I think more than anything, the wall will serve as a symbolic division between our two nations. That is certainly not the solution that we need, nor is it a solution at all. If a wall was determined to be effective and both nations wanted it, then it should be jointly paid for. Illegal immigration is not the terrible problem that everyone makes it out to be. I honestly feel that how hard it is to become a citizen of this country for people that would make good additions to our nation is a larger problem.

A wall is ultimately not going to have the impact on illegals coming across the border that everyone thinks. I think more than anything, the wall will serve as a symbolic division between our two nations. That is certainly not the solution that we need, nor is it a solution at all. If a wall was determined to be effective and both nations wanted it, then it should be jointly paid for. Illegal immigration is not the terrible problem that everyone makes it out to be. I honestly feel that how hard it is to become a citizen of this country for people that would make good additions to our nation is a larger problem.
Exactly. The wall is not going to keep anyone out anyway, and will serve as a symbol, not a pretty symbol, but a rather expensive one.

Instead, let's simply deny illegals jobs and government services until they go home, go to an American consulate in their homeland, and apply for legal status. If they can show that they've been living, working, and paying taxes in the USA, let them back in. Give them a path to citizenship. Welcome them.

If they've been gang banging and dealing drugs, we don't want them back. We have enough gangsters already.

But, my cynicism tells me that a solution like that will never happen. For one thing, the people who hire illegals want them to be fearful of deportation and unwilling to insist on a fair wage and good working conditions. For another, there are enough people who dislike Mexicans that the letting them back in legally part is going to be unpopular.

My cynicism leads me astray as much as 1% of the time, though, so perhaps something meaningful will be done eventually. It's only been about six decades now.

Exactly. The wall is not going to keep anyone out anyway, and will serve as a symbol, not a pretty symbol, but a rather expensive one.

Instead, let's simply deny illegals jobs and government services until they go home, go to an American consulate in their homeland, and apply for legal status. If they can show that they've been living, working, and paying taxes in the USA, let them back in. Give them a path to citizenship. Welcome them.

If they've been gang banging and dealing drugs, we don't want them back. We have enough gangsters already.

But, my cynicism tells me that a solution like that will never happen. For one thing, the people who hire illegals want them to be fearful of deportation and unwilling to insist on a fair wage and good working conditions. For another, there are enough people who dislike Mexicans that the letting them back in legally part is going to be unpopular.

My cynicism leads me astray as much as 1% of the time, though, so perhaps something meaningful will be done eventually. It's only been about six decades now.
The idea that they work sweatshop is largely mythical. Most employers who use them like that they show up every day and work. They make the going rate as doing otherwise makes you too easy to be found out.

Werbung:

It is already illegal to give them a job. Put the ones that hire therm in jail.

Back