1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Medical Marijuana cures toddler's cancer

Discussion in 'Health' started by Dude111, May 5, 2011.

1. Dude111

Dude111 Member

2. Indiolor

Indiolor New Member

^ Great story, most would never even think possible.

3. dogtowner

dogtowner Moderator Staff Member

so kids get munchies too, go figure...
    could do without the misuse of the term "cure" though.

4. KevinXD

KevinXD New Member

Yeah cure is rather misleading but then again, it is modern journalism....

Regardless, it does seem like in the end it was a much more effective painkiller than the "legit" stuff which IMO often kills more than just pain.

5. Moby76065

Moby76065 Guest

As a former Broading Officer with the USCG I whole heartedly believe the war on Pot is useless and a waist.
    But every stoner I know swears pot is the drug to end all drugs and damn near puts weed in a "holy" status.
    We've all (or most) smoked it. It's just weed. It's not a really great pain killer. It does help someone eat but not nearly
    as good as some other drugs. Weed is just weed. It does not deserve an alter. It should be taxed and allowed and far too many are in prison for something classed as a schedule 1 narcotic on the same level as heroin. But please......cured cancer???? Hardly.

6. Johnny Tremain

Johnny Tremain Well-Known Member

"Mary Jane" was not the cure.

I have seen people consume large amounts of dips and chips--if that is what one needs to recover from something.

I wonder if the child now suddenly likes music by "Iron Butterfly"?

7. paf_2

paf_2 Member

I think there is a misconception about medical marijuana when reading this. Now I too might have had this misconception had I not done a blog article on this subject. Medical marijuan is cultivated a certain way in which to remove side effects such as feeling high and getting as some would say the munchies. I found this interesting to research because it gave me a new view on medical marijuana, it is definitely grown and processed differently then the recreational kind.

Diana Smith likes this.
  8. Diana Smith

Diana Smith New Member

Medical marijuana removes a good portion of the THC because it is not the medicinal component contained in it. It is amazing because it has recently been studied and has shown actual reversal of symptoms of MS. Being that I have two close friends who are currently suffering from Multiple Sclerosis I am particularly thrilled with this. One of my two friends is about to try being treated with medical marijuana and I am keeping my fingers crossed!

9. palerider

palerider Well-Known Member

Or the Grateful Dead.