maybe Trump isn't a sexist afterall!

I guess I can see your point on that, but that doesn't mean that I think he would be a good president. I can see how him not needing special interest groups to fund him, can be an asset to the country. I definitely feel like it should be someone who knows how to work within the system and make it work for the betterment of the country. Plus, Trump keeps saying things that just makes me not like him. That's why we have an election though. Everybody is not going to agree, but I don't like him.
Can't say I like him but we can't afford the status quo. I want different and he is that.

Werbung:
So is Bernie Sanders.
Well, maybe so, maybe not. Look at the evolution of data storage in just the last few years:

Data%20storage-7.png

The first one is the equivalent of only 80 of the large floppys of 30 years ago. The second is t he equivalent of 1,300,000 floppies.

And that is just the progress in the past 17 years.

With progress on a geometric scale, it shouldn't take more than another half century before we're able to print at the molecular level. If/when that happens, machines will do all the work of making goods of all sorts, and the cost will be virtually free.

Well happy birthday !
Conservation of critters mainly but that requires maintaining habitat. If fact if you maintain the habitat the critters are a happy by product. But I know how much of what environmentalists want is a terrible idea so I don't like to associate with them.
Libertarian almost defies description due to the incredibly broad range of people referring to themselves that way.
Most are pot heads. They had a 90 min debate here in VA a couple years ago for indy governor hopefulls. All libertarians but one sort of teaparty sort. The ENTIRE debate was about pot.
But if you say that people should be free to do what they want SO LONG AS it does not negatively impact the life liberty or property of another then you're describing me in general terms. That covers a lot of ground but as its based in principle it's easy to apply to anything.
I could agree with that if not for abortion...

I also believe that people respect nothing and are only interested in feeding their hedonism in whatever form it takes (drugs, sex, violence etc).
The children.talking "freelove" in the 60s never grew up. They then found divorce was costly and hard so along came no fault.
And without the tie that binds all the rest imploded.
Pretty sad.
The hippies of the 60's convinced their parents they were doing it wrong..

Well, maybe so, maybe not. Look at the evolution of data storage in just the last few years:

Data%20storage-7.png

The first one is the equivalent of only 80 of the large floppys of 30 years ago. The second is t he equivalent of 1,300,000 floppies.

And that is just the progress in the past 17 years.

With progress on a geometric scale, it shouldn't take more than another half century before we're able to print at the molecular level. If/when that happens, machines will do all the work of making goods of all sorts, and the cost will be virtually free.
It's not the programming and clock speed of the computer making it happen but the ability to construct molecule by molecule that's the rub. It took how much $ to get two atoms (big ones) isolated and wizzing around a big circle just to crash them together and see what mess is left. Placing them one by one like a brick mason is nothing we are close to.

It's not the programming and clock speed of the computer making it happen but the ability to construct molecule by molecule that's the rub. It took how much $ to get two atoms (big ones) isolated and wizzing around a big circle just to crash them together and see what mess is left. Placing them one by one like a brick mason is nothing we are close to.
Well, not yet anyway.

Actually, putting atoms/molecules together and re arranging them is just basic chemistry. Putting them in order with a computer is a bit out of our reach just now, but tomorrow who knows?

We could start with carbon atoms, arranging them into a crystalline form.

Well, not yet anyway.

Actually, putting atoms/molecules together and re arranging them is just basic chemistry. Putting them in order with a computer is a bit out of our reach just now, but tomorrow who knows?

We could start with carbon atoms, arranging them into a crystalline form.
The programming is old for that. Chemistry doesn't lay atomic bricks. Crystals yes so if you want to build those we already do. But taking THIS molecule and placing it RIGHT THERE I don't think so.
Remember they are using ink jets to shoot whatever ceramic they are using for this. That's a huge jump.
But the realistic uses are still big.
May get some pushback on food. Some folks already freak out over Monsanto for fiddling with seeds. ; )

The programming is old for that. Chemistry doesn't lay atomic bricks. Crystals yes so if you want to build those we already do. But taking THIS molecule and placing it RIGHT THERE I don't think so.
Remember they are using ink jets to shoot whatever ceramic they are using for this. That's a huge jump.
But the realistic uses are still big.
May get some pushback on food. Some folks already freak out over Monsanto for fiddling with seeds. ; )
Oh, I'm sure there will be a huge pushback on foods. People freak out over anything that they don't see as "natural."

Remember this? I can't find a date on it, but I remember it was several years ago now:

4506VV1003.jpg

source

Werbung:
Oh, I'm sure there will be a huge pushback on foods. People freak out over anything that they don't see as "natural."

Remember this? I can't find a date on it, but I remember it was several years ago now:

4506VV1003.jpg

source
Says 1990 (does time move surprizingly fast for you too ?). Well you got me then. So you can isolate atoms/molecules and presumably send a box of them to your constructor (so called "printer"). I guess can be done but is it cost effective ?
Might be nice to make parts on the moon or Antarctica as transportation is a real problem.

Back