Maybe NYC wasnt such a great spot for terror trial

dogtowner

Staff member
well flippin DUH !

I will have to give them credit for reversing this utterly stupid decision. probably ought to blame it on Biden.

White House officials have told the Justice Department to consider other venues for the 9/11 terror trial that was to be held in lower Manhattan, the Daily News has learned.

The decision came after Mayor Bloomberg and other politicians across the state railed against President Obama's plan to try Khalid Sheikh Mohammed in Manhattan Federal Court.

Attorney General Eric Holder now has to think of other places where the trial could take place, officials said.

It was not immediately clear if the reassessment means the trial will definitely be moved out of the city.

oh I'd say its pretty certain...

Werbung:
It's being moved out for political reasons because it was being held there in the first place for political reasons because it was changed from a military to a civilian trial for political reasons.

When are you people who think things like this are done out of moral an ethical imperative going to wake up and admit to yourselves you are being taken for a ride?

It's being moved out for political reasons because it was being held there in the first place for political reasons because it was changed from a military to a civilian trial for political reasons.

When are you people who think things like this are done out of moral an ethical imperative going to wake up and admit to yourselves you are being taken for a ride?

I'll take "Never" for $500 Alex !

Why not have the trial in Manhattan?
Ramsey Yuseef of the first WTC bombing fame had his trial there.

This was the scene of the crime. If one thinks he cant get a fair trial, then I can understand a change of venue. But to move it for sake of moving it is unwise.

I am not sure what Bloomberg's beef exactly is, but if I were Mayor of NYC, I would want to have justice come full circle.

This was the scene of the crime. If one thinks he cant get a fair trial, then I can understand a change of venue. But to move it for sake of moving it is unwise.

I am not sure what Bloomberg's beef exactly is, but if I were Mayor of NYC, I would want to have justice come full circle.

What a crazy idea, a trial...where the crime happened!

and as for Bloomburg...I have a personal distaste for his weak spineless self...After the stuff the IP party did in large part for him...and then his doing nothing with it when we did...

Obviously there are massive fair trial issues.

There are the security risks aplenty every day without the added risk of some idiot trying to make a point over the trial.

There are few if any places where it would cost more.

All they need are MORE tyraffic challenges in Midtown.

It was a bone headed move to put it there to begin with and I cannot believe it took this long to fix it.

There is no chanc of a poor dark skinned man getting a fair trial in the US.

Especially a Muslim who has been framed by the Government

Oh sorry, are you saying ANY dark skinned man won't get a fair trial, rich or poor?

You are probably right

Obviously there are massive fair trial issues.

There are the security risks aplenty every day without the added risk of some idiot trying to make a point over the trial.

There are few if any places where it would cost more.

All they need are MORE tyraffic challenges in Midtown.

It was a bone headed move to put it there to begin with and I cannot believe it took this long to fix it.

please spare us the "fair trial" crap...your fine with no trial..so don't act like you care.

I thought BO was sooooooooooo smart. Even a 10 year old knows a trial of scumbag terrorists in Manhattan is not a good idea.

Why is the media not hammering him for such a DUMB decision...forgive the rhetorical question. They would have destroyed W if he did something this stupid.

Stupid is as stupid does...and BO is STUUUUUPID.

I thought BO was sooooooooooo smart. Even a 10 year old knows a trial of scumbag terrorists in Manhattan is not a good idea.

Why is the media not hammering him for such a DUMB decision...forgive the rhetorical question. They would have destroyed W if he did something this stupid.

Stupid is as stupid does...and BO is STUUUUUPID.

specially after this

af1_photo1_rs.jpg

Werbung:
"Najibullah Zazi, charged with conspiring to detonate explosives in the United States, is expected to plead guilty Mondayhttp://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/02/22/najibullah.zazi.plea/index.html?hpt=T2, a government official familiar with the case said.

Zazi was arrested in September in an alleged plot to build and detonate bombs in New York City around the anniversary of the September 11, 2001, attacks.

Since then, two relatives of Zazi's have been indicted by a federal grand jury in connection with the case.

Zazi's father and uncle also have been indicted on charges that they helped discard bomb-making chemicals when they learned of the government's investigation."
Gee, dogtowner....looks like the paranoid-"conservatives" were wrong...AGAIN!!!

250.gif

Sounds like New York's GETTIN' THE JOB DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

249.gif

Back