make it stop!!

LilAnn

The CEO of Starbucks is being urged to run for the democratic ticket. His supporters claim he has a chance because American citizens are tired of "political lifers". Can you guess what else I'm tired of? In the interest of sensitive ears (and eyes), I'll let you draw your own conclusions.
This isn't just a circus anymore. Its more like a 20 ring circus.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/dowd-schultz-challenge-clinton/2015/08/01/id/664991/

Werbung:
At least the starbux guy has operated a successful business, demonstrated financial accountability etc.
Far more than the current president has ever done.

I wasn't going to say anything, but since you brought it up...

This isn't directed at anyone specific. A lot of people are doing it and I don't understand why.

Obama isn't running in the next election. So why do people still use him to decide the quality of a candidate?

Who cares what Obama did or didn't do when deciding which candidates to vote for?

It seriously makes people sound petty and spiteful when everything is about what good/bad Obama has accomplished.

Shouldn't the Starbucks guy be compared to hillary or Bernie... or possibly Biden?

This is happening all the time... whenever the 2016 election is being talked about. Anyway, why would you want to vote for someone based on how much they are/are not like Obama? Shouldn't the selection be made based on the quality of the candidate himself?

A person standing is one thing but why would the owner of coffee shop's, fair enough, a very successful chain of coffee shops, think that they would be able to have any influence on an election to become president of the US?

Anybody else want to have a go, that's got a bit of money and a popular product? Get Ronald McDonald to stand backed by McDonald's money, how about him as president?

The election is already a circus, you might aswell have a clown...

I think we're looking for something to believe in again, as Americans. We are facing a lot of confusing and conflicting challenges and we are looking for some kind of leadership that offers some solution to that. From what I have seen so far, we are only getting more of the same response from Washington and "political experts", however.

The potential consideration of a Starbucks CEO demonstrates that Americans want someone that isn't a "career politician", even though most of the candidates are. We want change. I agree with pwarbi on the potential value of the choice, but I value its merit. People are sick and tired of the same old "circus"/

The real question is whether we can turn this "sick and tired" feeling into something that actually leads to a change or just more apathy that leads to the same place we've already been.

A person standing is one thing but why would the owner of coffee shop's, fair enough, a very successful chain of coffee shops, think that they would be able to have any influence on an election to become president of the US?

Anybody else want to have a go, that's got a bit of money and a popular product? Get Ronald McDonald to stand backed by McDonald's money, how about him as president?

The election is already a circus, you might aswell have a clown...
Well we've seen what someone unsuccessful at everything he tried gets us. Having someone who has demonstrated some sort of success seems like a good thing.

Career politicians, as they tend to like to be called these days, basically people who are to lazy and wealthy to get a real job, are the ones that are making politics a laughing stock.

They're so far detached from the public, it's no wonder people are apathetic about who gets in to government, as they think whoever gets in, won't make a difference to their life, and that's usually the case.

While I agree that people need candidates who they can relate to, and have some empathy with, I'm not sure if the multimillionaire owner of Starbucks, is necessarily that person.

I agree that we need someone that is more attached to the public, one who can relate to people. Over the years, the candidates and Preseidents have lost this aspect. It's all about the politics, always about trying to make everyone happy to such a great extent that everyone loses in the end. It's a scary world out there and we need a people person!

However, throwing random candidates at the problem won't help matters much. Though, the few Democrats are heavily outnumbered from the good amount of Republicans that are running, so what's one more?

I agree that we need someone that is more attached to the public, one who can relate to people. Over the years, the candidates and Preseidents have lost this aspect. It's all about the politics, always about trying to make everyone happy to such a great extent that everyone loses in the end. It's a scary world out there and we need a people person!

However, throwing random candidates at the problem won't help matters much. Though, the few Democrats are heavily outnumbered from the good amount of Republicans that are running, so what's one more?
The reason I like Obama as much as I do is because he is more in touch with the average citizens. His television appearences, jokes for jealous boyfriends, willingness to be seen drinking a beer... it's all a lot more down to Earth than anyone else has been. It may be really fake. But at least he isn't too good to fake it.

The reason I like Obama as much as I do is because he is more in touch with the average citizens. His television appearences, jokes for jealous boyfriends, willingness to be seen drinking a beer... it's all a lot more down to Earth than anyone else has been. It may be really fake. But at least he isn't too good to fake it.
I find it odd that you see him as in touch. I could not see him as farther out of touch. He nay be swillin beer but black youths have record unemployment. He gas Beyonce over to the white house to impress the girls but ignores the little people.
Sorry Lil but I think you are far off base on this point.

Werbung:
While I'm over here in the UK, I might not know as much as you guys do about about Obama, but I also get the impression he's not exactly in touch with the American people.

I don't know if he as been that way since he entered the Whitehouse, or if it's something that's started to happen recently because he's on his way out, and doesn't have anything to lose though?

Back