Look who used to be in favor of universal health care

Werbung:
The news is how both Romney and Gingrich have made a 180 degree turn on this issue.

to be fair Romney made it clear that the Mass model was unworkable anywhere outside of Mass at the time it was implemented there. some of us were paying attention back then as we were not too happy about it even then. the attempt seems to be to ignore this in favor of using guilt by association.

Noot being a career politician is apt to do such things as expediency demands. but people can change their minds when they have Epiphany on the subject. Noot also got hammered back in May for seemingly flipping on individual mandate. that one was largely him being overly brief.

tax vs bond. both problematic.

a full reporting for the edification of all.

Criticism of Gingrich regarding the individual mandate clause began in earnest Sunday when, during his interview, Gregory asked Gingrich to respond to the controversy surrounding Mitt Romney, health care, and individual mandate. Gingrich replied, “Well, I agree that all of us have a responsibility to pay — help pay for health care. And, I think that there are ways to do it that make most libertarians relatively happy. I’ve said consistently we ought to have some requirement that you either have health insurance or you post a bond.”

he a few days later said

After the attention surrounding his remarks during an appearance on Meet The Press with David Gregory, former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich has clarified his beliefs regarding the health care individual mandate, posting a video on YouTube, and “tweeting” “I oppose the Obamacare mandate. Period.”
From his website: “I am completely opposed to the Obamacare mandate on individuals. I fought it for two and half years at the Center for Health Transformation. You can see all the things we did to stop it at HealthTransformation.net. I am for the repeal of Obamacare and I am against any effort to impose a federal mandate on anyone because it is fundamentally wrong and I believe unconstitutional. ”

Werbung:
Back