Likely results of a limited nuclear war

PLC1

Staff member
If India and Pakistan have a 'limited' nuclear war, scientists say it could wreck Earth's climate and trigger global famine

Though the explosions would be local, the ramifications would be global, that research concluded. The ozone layer could be crippled and Earth's climate may cool for years, triggering crop and fishery losses that would result in what the researchers called a "global nuclear famine."

The phrase "global nuclear famine" has a nice ring to it, don't you think? Will humans become civilized enough to get rid of their nuclear weapons, or will we wipe out most of our numbers? What do you think?

Werbung:
I think the risk is low. The average leader is not mad and does not want to get the label "mad man" in historic books. But there are mad leaders and we can only strive that they don't get uranium in their hands (not only because of the atomic bomb but also because of dirty bombs).

Time will tell.

I think the risk is low. The average leader is not mad and does not want to get the label "mad man" in historic books. But there are mad leaders and we can only strive that they don't get uranium in their hands (not only because of the atomic bomb but also because of dirty bombs).

Time will tell.

Yes, time will tell. So far, it has been over 70 years since a nuclear bomb was used. So far, so good.

But, the pessimist in me notes that madmen sometimes to obtain power.

The phrase "global nuclear famine" has a nice ring to it, don't you think? Will humans become civilized enough to get rid of their nuclear weapons, or will we wipe out most of our numbers? What do you think?
Carl Sagan predicted an effect like a nuclear winter if Iraq burned the oil fields. They did. The nuclear winter didn't happen.

Fallout from a few dozen bombs would be devastating to the area, but may not affect the global atmosphere much more than the forest fires of California. IMHO. FWIW. Maybe.

Time will tell.

They'll have to make their own and as Iran has discovered, that's easier said than done.

Can't begin to imagine what Bubba was thinking. Musta been some great hookers involved.
But the point is that we have done a pretty good job at managing who gets this capability.
I'm not so sure we've done a great job. It would be better if Pakistan weren't nuclear, and North Korea. In fact, we'd be better off with no nukes at all, but that ship sailed a long time ago.

So, you're saying that "Bubba" Clinton actually gave nuclear technology to NK? Really?

I'm not so sure we've done a great job. It would be better if Pakistan weren't nuclear, and North Korea. In fact, we'd be better off with no nukes at all, but that ship sailed a long time ago.

So, you're saying that "Bubba" Clinton actually gave nuclear technology to NK? Really?
Not that simple but he facilitated their ambitions.

Werbung:
Back