Less reasons to watch ABC all the time

TV programming is done by "liberals"?

Is it liberals who are into marketing a product for maximum profitability? That is what TV programming is all about. If few watch a program, then it won't get sponsors, and won't stay on the air. If it is popular, then it does get sponsors and does stay on the air. It's a matter of smart marketing, not "liberalism." If programming is aimed at dullards, does that reflect on the programmers, or on the viewers?

There is indeed a lot of trash on TV, no question. There are some pretty good programs, too. Why not watch those?

Some of my favorites:

Jeopardy
Who wants to be a millionaire?
The Today Show
The Tonight Show
Criminal minds
The Mentalist
NOVA

There really are some programs worth the time, but I didn't see any of them in Dr. Who's list above.

Dont Say Nova...they will get confused...one its Science ( Science is LIberal I think to them) and its Funded by...David Koch....Republican Rich fat cat who funds many like Wis Gov Miller.

Werbung:
The shows name is two and half men. Not three and half men. I have watched it few times, but the sexual innuendos and perverted situations are too much and often disgusting.

The show seems to reflect Charlie Sheen's real life.

But, the show follows Hollywood's tradition of glamorizing a sex addict who treats women solely as sex objects.

For once, I have to agree. And, you're right, it is two and a half men.

Much of what is being shown on TV nowadays is disgusting and relies on adolescent sexual humor to try to get laughs.

The safest and most profitable course would be for execs to never create shows that take sides so obviously shows like "The West Wing" never existed.

Likewise 30 Rock and Gossip Girl never aired.

Additionally, no show ever includes gay characters when it does not fit the plot.

And Boston Legal never showed Denny Crane as a gun carrying right wing racist week after week in contrast to liberal character Alan Shore full of compassion and who never lost a case and showcased legal cases in such a biased way that the liberal point of view was always right.

Of course Boston Legal was well written and received many awards from the left so maybe it is profitable to create left wing shows.

A couple of years ago we were debating whether or not news media were liberally biased and eventually everyone had to capitulate and agree that they are. Now we get to debate whether or not tv is liberally biased. Fortunately no one questions Hollywood itself and all of us already accept that it is biased.

I see...so gays can only exist in the world if they fill a plot? Does the same go for any other group? Like you can't be black unless its part of the plot your Black?

Also how do you do a show about the white house...and not have it have bias? some magic land where the white house if filled by both parties?

HBO is doing a movie on Sarah Palin. No doubt it will be fair and objective.:rolleyes:

I am sure some here at the HOP believe that.

Umm how does a show like no ordinary family "shape" America?

Its-A-Conspiracy.jpg

My criticism of "no ordinary family" was that they geared it toward teens when I think it would have made a better family show.

I did not say that that particular show was shaping america toward a liberal agenda.

But to answer your question directly, everything shapes America. Sometimes it is intentional and sometimes it is with an agenda. "No Ordinary Family" is not one that I claimed was either intentional or liberal.

I see...so gays can only exist in the world if they fill a plot? Does the same go for any other group? Like you can't be black unless its part of the plot your Black?

Also how do you do a show about the white house...and not have it have bias? some magic land where the white house if filled by both parties?
The corollary of what I said is not what you just said.

To think that the gay characters were added to the show just because they might as well be gay as anything else is just obtuse.

Yes gays can be part of a show just to represent who people aree but in this case they were put in the show to advance an agenda. Case in point, when they appeared in the show the gay lobby complained that they never kissed in public. The creators of the show said that they had every intention of writing that into the show at a later time as part of the progression. The show does not reflect reality it attempts to shape it.

The corollary of what I said is not what you just said.

To think that the gay characters were added to the show just because they might as well be gay as anything else is just obtuse.

Yes gays can be part of a show just to represent who people aree but in this case they were put in the show to advance an agenda. Case in point, when they appeared in the show the gay lobby complained that they never kissed in public. The creators of the show said that they had every intention of writing that into the show at a later time as part of the progression. The show does not reflect reality it attempts to shape it.

Plus having openly gay characters gets tongues wagging about the show and increases viewership.

We are now on the gay issue. Okay.

Has anyone else noticed the number of TV shows that now include gay characters? It seems most TV shows have one or more gays in them. They promote how nice the gay characters are and often how they are discriminated against. Many of the programs are geared at young (teenager) audiences.

This appears to be a concerted effort to show gays in a positive light. No doubt the TV moguls will do the same to self professed Christians.:rolleyes:

Has anyone else noticed the number of TV shows that now include gay characters? It seems most TV shows have one or more gays in them. They promote how nice the gay characters are and often how they are discriminated against. Many of the programs are geared at young (teenager) audiences.

This appears to be a concerted effort to show gays in a positive light. No doubt the TV moguls will do the same to self professed Christians.:rolleyes:

I am sure that every time there is a Catholic Priest on a show he will be taking care of the poor (as they do a whole lot) rather than abusing young boys (as they do a little), Oh wait, my bad, they are almost always shown in criminal justice shows as abusers.

In an odd sort of contrast, Seventh Heaven, featured a whole family of Christians, but they were so liberal that they fit right in. Now there are liberal Christians so no biggie, but we won't be seeing positive portrayals of of conservative Christians any time soon. Based on tv shows one would think (and I get the feeling from threads here that some really do think this) that all conservative Christians are like Ned Flanders on The Simpson's.

In reality there are more conservative Christians than liberal ones (by a small margin) and many of them are scientists, university professors, and everyday working folks. A smaller percent of Christians believe in a young earth or Special Creation than there are liberals who believe that it was President Bush who blew up the world trade center.

Come to think of it I don't think I have ever ever seen a tv portrayal of a liberal who thinks Pres Bush blew up the twin towers.

Apparently the list is so long it needed to be separated into several different web pages:

* List of animated television programs with LGBT characters
* List of comedy and variety television programs with LGBT cast members
* List of dramatic television series with LGBT characters
* List of made for television films with LGBT characters
* List of news and information television programs featuring LGBT subjects
* List of situation comedies with LGBT characters
* List of soap operas with LGBT characters
* List of reality television programs with LGBT cast members

From wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_television_programs_with_LGBT_characters

Using Wiki's internal search engine the page for list of television programs with Christian characters is apparently non-existent.

I am sure that every time there is a Catholic Priest on a show he will be taking care of the poor (as they do a whole lot) rather than abusing young boys (as they do a little), Oh wait, my bad, they are almost always shown in criminal justice shows as abusers.

In an odd sort of contrast, Seventh Heaven, featured a whole family of Christians, but they were so liberal that they fit right in. Now there are liberal Christians so no biggie, but we won't be seeing positive portrayals of of conservative Christians any time soon. Based on tv shows one would think (and I get the feeling from threads here that some really do think this) that all conservative Christians are like Ned Flanders on The Simpson's.

In reality there are more conservative Christians than liberal ones (by a small margin) and many of them are scientists, university professors, and everyday working folks. A smaller percent of Christians believe in a young earth or Special Creation than there are liberals who believe that it was President Bush who blew up the world trade center.

Come to think of it I don't think I have ever ever seen a tv portrayal of a liberal who thinks Pres Bush blew up the twin towers.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've met too many liberals, or anyone else who believes that Bush blew up the twin towers. There are a few nutcases out there to be sure. I've been arguing with one on another forum, as a matter of fact, who objects to my term "WCT" for "wacky conspiracy theory."

He also thinks the moon landing was faked, among other things.

There are, however, quite a few fundamentalist Christians who stand reason on its head trying to promote the young Earth nonsense over evolution.

If Neddie is a fundamentalist, is Homer a liberal? Quite the positive portrayal of liberals, don't you think?

you ever notice how most Gays...are Discriminated against? so would it not be a bit odd to not have that part of the show? And Sorry but guess what, younger people don't have the same hate of gays people like you do...in fact many have gay friends and could care less about if they are or not. And "positive light" as appose to they should be shown in a poor light? Why because your a ignorant little man who thinks gays getting married will destroy marriage, but not people like Newt who just cheat on there wifes and call others who do it Immoral?

Werbung:
Apparently the list is so long it needed to be separated into several different web pages:

* List of animated television programs with LGBT characters
* List of comedy and variety television programs with LGBT cast members
* List of dramatic television series with LGBT characters
* List of made for television films with LGBT characters
* List of news and information television programs featuring LGBT subjects
* List of situation comedies with LGBT characters
* List of soap operas with LGBT characters
* List of reality television programs with LGBT cast members

From wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_television_programs_with_LGBT_characters

Using Wiki's internal search engine the page for list of television programs with Christian characters is apparently non-existent.

actuly the list is not all that long...Lets see the list of Strait Characters on all shows....then you see the long list.

And pointing out that someone organized them...ooooo must mean there are just all over the place ( and lets just ignore how many are side characters who are on the screen for maybe a few min a show..even even that often.

Back