Left Wing Hypcrissy-NY TIMES editor fired for demanding equal pay

steveox

Jill Abramson: Was New York Times Editor Fired For Demanding Same Pay As A Man?

Jill Abramson, the first woman to hold the top editor job at The New York Times in the paper’s 163 years of publication, was suddenly fired Wednesday afternoon after just 32 months in the job. No specific reason was given for the 60-year-old Abramson’s abrupt ouster, by publisher Arthur Sulzberger Jr., who said only, “I believe that new leadership will improve some aspects of the management of the newsroom.”
But according to a report in The New Yorker by journalist and author Ken Auletta, the real reason that Sulzberger suddenly fired Abramson was that she found out her pay and benefits were less than the male editor who preceded her in the Times‘ top job, Bill Keller.
Abramson also learned that when she was managing editor, she was paid less than Keller had been at that time as well, after she replaced him in that position

http://www.inquisitr.com/1252267/jill-abramson/

What ever happened to the ERA movement? Why isnt the N.O.W defeding her. All these liberals support left wing media and the media doesnt pratice what they preach. Ill even bet thats the reason why Barbra Walters is quitting. Shes tired of all the nonsense n lies by her own.

Werbung:
Nobody -- and I mean NOBODY -- is more liberal than Jill Abramson.

The cold truth is that the New York Times, like most newspapers, is collapsing.

So, we have an editor whose paper is selling 1 million copies a day (yes, I made that number up) insisting that she be paid just as much as an editor when the paper was selling 2 million copies a day (yep, made that one up, too), and using a charge of sexism to justify it.

Sorry --- she gets no sympathy from me.

Werbung:
But wheres are the Womens groups? But oh yeah when Clarance Thomas was on Senate hearings being confirmed for the U.S Supreme Court the N.O.W protested on his sexual harrassment accusement by Anita Hill. Its B.S!!

Back