Korean Ship sunk, North Korea to blame?

pocketfullofshells

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
I find it odd that North Korea could have just sunk a S korea ship, killed many, and no one said a word on here. First reports are they think maybe a mine was floated or reports of possible use of Human torpedo...S Korea put its military on higher alert while they search the wreckage...

Werbung:
This may be why we haven't heard much about this story:

South Korea rules out navy ship sunk by North Korea

"Given the investigations by government ministries so far, it is the government's judgment that the incident was not caused by North Korea, although the reason for the accident has not been determined yet," a senior government official was quoted as saying by Yonhap news agency.

Werbung:
I was a bit surprised nobody mentioned it the day it happened, I was kind of following the situation at work, but being 4 hours behind the east cost, and by then cooler heads had prevailed there didnt seem much worth posting a thread about.

That being said, I am very glad and was alarmed at the first reports I read was that it could have been a NK sub who torpedoed the SK ship. While I would really like to know what the survivors are reporting at this point, but my instinct at this point tells me it is an accidental explosion on the SK vessal, probably ordinance or fuel based.
I do send my condoloences to the SK sailors and thier families.

Back