Karzai likes the idea of a deadline

PLC1

Staff member
Karzai praises Obama's deadline

KABUL – President Hamid Karzai put a brave face Thursday on President Barack Obama's decision to start pulling out troops in mid-2011, telling The Associated Press in his first public response that it will push Afghans to take control of their own destiny.

It's about time we pushed the Afgans to take control of their own destiny, don't you think? They have a much larger stake in the defeat of the Taliban than we do, after all. Not only that, but it is difficult to see how we are going to be able to defend that nation from a threat that is basically internal.

Now, the help and to motivate Pakistan to boot the extremists out of their country before we have radicals taking over a nuclear armed nation.

Werbung:
..... but it is difficult to see how we are going to be able to defend that nation from a threat that is basically internal...

internal/external who gives a toss.... IF your going to waste your time in that arsehole of a country then at least take the politicians out of the picture and then let the military get on with it. Jeezus its the friggin politicos that are making a mess of this because they are afraid of the consequences of the actions of the military - can't have them lads killing folks now can we as its against their human rights!!!

President Hamid Karzai is as much use as a chocolate fireguard and the sooner everyone understands this the better it will be for your lads’ and ours. Political compromises are extremely convenient aren’t they, stick some asshole into the job that can be manipulated by the Western governments and then when they find out that the fellas’ as straight as Al Capones’ jock-strap they all start to get a bit uptight about him.

Oh yeah just a wee question on the training the Afghan Police and the Afghan Army – are we in agreement that we would be better spending our tax cash on training dolphins to pilot the next generation of stealth helicopters? I have a feeling that I’m a tad cynical when it comes to these bozos, trying to bring these guys into the middle ages is going to be hard enough let alone trying to put them in charge of a “functioning” country. Here’s a thought why not try and teach them to read and write then they can understand the instructions on the packs of toilet paper they are given! Now that would be progress….

I respectfully disagree that fire power alone will clean up that mess. Just ask the former Soviet Union how it worked for them and they had no restrictions whatsoever. If they had a problem in an area they would just flatten the village and kill every man, woman, and child. Didn't work for them won't work for us now. It's essentially a guerrilla war which slowly bleeds even a super power and it's allies.

I respectfully disagree that fire power alone will clean up that mess. Just ask the former Soviet Union how it worked for them and they had no restrictions whatsoever. If they had a problem in an area they would just flatten the village and kill every man, woman, and child. Didn't work for them won't work for us now. It's essentially a guerrilla war which slowly bleeds even a super power and it's allies.

100% correct...you can't beat terrorism by killing as many people as you can. Its been tried since the down of time, ideas don't die by firepower...the grow powerful against it.

Watch As Iran tries it against its own people...and slowly the sea boils untill they can't keep the lid on....that is how you beat tyrany and oppressive goverments that are inbeeded into the sytem.

Werbung:
This from the guy that has come out now saying it could be 15 years before Afghan forces are ready to take the lead in security. :rolleyes:

Frankly, this guy is a big part of the problem over there in my opinion.

Back