Just another Right Wing myth debunked

top gun

Hello everybody I know I've been kinda absent lately but I've been very busy.

This thread will highlight just how out of touch many on the Right truly are and how they'll say or do ANYTHING to keep us stuck in the past.

I remember debating with Conservative "Andy" about the ability and need to put decent sized great gas mileage cars on the road. (wonder what ever happened to Andy?) Anyway now Andy as one might expect hated hybrids and electric cars technology and said something with great authority that stuck in my mind as antiquated thinking... but this really hit home just last weekend as to just how out of touch and backward some thinking really is.

Andy after bashing the hybrids and electric cars then said... "and we've taken the gas engine about as far as we can take it mileage wise." Sounds pretty darn defeatist huh? Basically it's gas hogs for America or nothing, right?

Well here's a perfect example of how not living in the past pays off. I have a GM credit card and they rounded up my points for a little discount on any new GM product so I stopped by the local Chevy dealer down the road last weekend just to take a look. And what to my wondering eyes should appear but a jet black all new 2010 Chevy Equinox SUV. Well I thought Andy would be thrilled. Topgun looking at a big gas guzzling SUV again... but wait... could this be true... a 32mpg SUV and not even a hybrid!!!!

Well yes... yes it could. The New GM took a large 4 cylinder motor (christened Ecoboost) with new direct-injected technology (no air mix) and paired that up with a new state of the art 6 speed automatic transmission which allowed gas mileage ratings to soar. Beyond belief good stuff!!!

Yes my friends it is true and after a test drive as much as I loved my Audi A6... it was mine. And it is great from tires to roof line and everything in between. Comfortable like sitting in your favorite chair, ice blue ambient lighting sparkling around the cabin.

GM already had a winner with the new Malibu. The new Camero is cool x 2 if you're into the looker power cars (plus let's not forget Corvette) and now they can't keep this new body style 2010 Equinox on their lots. GM is having their plants work overtime just to try and keep up with the demand. The dealership I was at had 10 come in and sold 8 in 3 days.

And in a couple months the new Chevy Cruse will hit showroom floors. The Cruse looks like an even sportier version of the new Honda Accord and with a turbo charged 4 cylinder that gets 40mpg!

My friends the bow tie is back... and it's world class on gas.

Sorry Andy but I told ya... never count America out!
;)

Werbung:
That is wonderful news popgun. But, are you trying to claim the right wing is claiming US automakers can't make a fuel efficient vehicle Americans will buy? If so, then I must have missed something cause I do believe that is true.

I have owned American made cars all my life. Starting with back to back 1968 Dodge Chargers 440 RTs. Great cars for it's time and I wish I had kept them because they are worth big money now. But, I digress.

I own two foreign cars now. But, I will consider a Ford.

This is funny..."brakes made of chewing gum.."

Hello everybody I know I've been kinda absent lately but I've been very busy.

This thread will highlight just how out of touch many on the Right truly are and how they'll say or do ANYTHING to keep us stuck in the past.

I remember debating with Conservative "Andy" about the ability and need to put decent sized great gas mileage cars on the road. (wonder what ever happened to Andy?) Anyway now Andy as one might expect hated hybrids and electric cars technology and said something with great authority that stuck in my mind as antiquated thinking... but this really hit home just last weekend as to just how out of touch and backward some thinking really is.

Andy after bashing the hybrids and electric cars then said... "and we've taken the gas engine about as far as we can take it mileage wise." Sounds pretty darn defeatist huh? Basically it's gas hogs for America or nothing, right?

Well here's a perfect example of how not living in the past pays off. I have a GM credit card and they rounded up my points for a little discount on any new GM product so I stopped by the local Chevy dealer down the road last weekend just to take a look. And what to my wondering eyes should appear but a jet black all new 2010 Chevy Equinox SUV. Well I thought Andy would be thrilled. Topgun looking at a big gas guzzling SUV again... but wait... could this be true... a 32mpg SUV and not even a hybrid!!!!

Well yes... yes it could. The New GM took a large 4 cylinder motor (christened Ecoboost) with new direct-injected technology (no air mix) and paired that up with a new state of the art 6 speed automatic transmission which allowed gas mileage ratings to soar. Beyond belief good stuff!!!

Yes my friends it is true and after a test drive as much as I loved my Audi A6... it was mine. And it is great from tires to roof line and everything in between. Comfortable like sitting in your favorite chair, ice blue ambient lighting sparkling around the cabin.

GM already had a winner with the new Malibu. The new Camero is cool x 2 if you're into the looker power cars (plus let's not forget Corvette) and now they can't keep this new body style 2010 Equinox on their lots. GM is having their plants work overtime just to try and keep up with the demand. The dealership I was at had 10 come in and sold 8 in 3 days.

And in a couple months the new Chevy Cruse will hit showroom floors. The Cruse looks like an even sportier version of the new Honda Accord and with a turbo charged 4 cylinder that gets 40mpg!

My friends the bow tie is back... and it's world class on gas.

Sorry Andy but I told ya... never count America out!
;)

Andy has not posted or logged in since Nov of last year, sorry dear but you got to attack someone who is actually logging in and reading the posts.

You mean it's a right wing myth that cars can't improve? I had no idea that was their stance.

Of course, cars can improve, and have been improving since before Henry Ford started up his little enterprise.

Glad to hear you're happy with your new wheels, and even happier that GM is making some good stuff. Maybe the government will at least break even on that stock they bought for us.

If Consumer Reports starts putting a big red dot in the "reliability" column of those new cars, I might even consider one in the future. As of now, I'm still a little leery after my experience with a 2000 Impala that regularly, and I mean regularly left me stranded.

Andy has not posted or logged in since Nov of last year, sorry dear but you got to attack someone who is actually logging in and reading the posts.

OMG...ROTFLMAO...in the fairness of actual conversation and pointing out the current updated information...it isn't an attack for the conversation to pick up where it left off {while you felt all to happy in dredging up something from 2008 for justification in your calling another member a M.F. ;)} you still just don't quite understand that definition of HYPOCRITE...DUH

Excellent post Topgun...but don't expect the 'lessor thinking' around here to comprehend or retract their ignorant thought processes, they are too wrapped up in following the leader and applauding his every mindless dribble to open their minds/ears/eyes :cool:

It's much easier to attack people who are no longer around to defend themselves.

Notice too the "logic" inherent in the post. He took a comment that may or may not have been made by Andy (we don't know because he isn't here to verify or refute the claim) and because Andy is a "right winger", Top Gun concludes that all "right wingers" believe the exact same thing.

There is a left winger here that believes 9/11 was an inside job, so using Top Guns "logic", all left wingers believe 9/11 was an inside job. Therefore, his post is nothing more than the ramblings of a 9/11 troofer.

good for the bowtiers but I'm looking for the link that supports the subject line. thats far more typical of the left at least until the advent of Government Motors.

Whether you attribute the idea that cars can't be improved to the right or to the left, you have to salute the general.

It's much easier to attack people who are no longer around to defend themselves.

Notice too the "logic" inherent in the post. He took a comment that may or may not have been made by Andy (we don't know because he isn't here to verify or refute the claim) and because Andy is a "right winger", Top Gun concludes that all "right wingers" believe the exact same thing.

There is a left winger here that believes 9/11 was an inside job, so using Top Guns "logic", all left wingers believe 9/11 was an inside job. Therefore, his post is nothing more than the ramblings of a 9/11 troofer.

Top Gun probably didnt notice Andy left. I noticed. I never see Dr. Who and a few other good posters anymore either... I wonder what or who has made them all figure this is not a place worth posting anymore :confused:

Does anyone have any real information on who voted for and against the CAFE standards?

After looking at nearly a dozen sites it appears that it isn't a right/left issue as much as one of where the politician is from. Oil and car manufacturing States tend to object, while other States don't, and there are both Repubs and Demos on both sides of the issue all the way back.

OMG...ROTFLMAO...in the fairness of actual conversation and pointing out the current updated information...it isn't an attack for the conversation to pick up where it left off {while you felt all to happy in dredging up something from 2008 for justification in your calling another member a M.F. ;)} you still just don't quite understand that definition of HYPOCRITE...DUH

Excellent post Topgun...but don't expect the 'lessor thinking' around here to comprehend or retract their ignorant thought processes, they are too wrapped up in following the leader and applauding his every mindless dribble to open their minds/ears/eyes :cool:

If you are going to post to me (and I would really rather you did not)
at least say the magic word so I can win the game!!!

Sheesh!

You mean it's a right wing myth that cars can't improve? I had no idea that was their stance.

Of course, cars can improve, and have been improving since before Henry Ford started up his little enterprise.

Glad to hear you're happy with your new wheels, and even happier that GM is making some good stuff. Maybe the government will at least break even on that stock they bought for us.

If Consumer Reports starts putting a big red dot in the "reliability" column of those new cars, I might even consider one in the future. As of now, I'm still a little leery after my experience with a 2000 Impala that regularly, and I mean regularly left me stranded.

I thought the right said, people don't want them to improve and would not buy them... But I am sure some said can't do it anyway...

since its based on Science...the stuff scares them I think :)

Werbung:
If you are going to post to me (and I would really rather you did not)
at least say the magic word so I can win the game!!!

Sheesh!
Just haven't quite figured out how to operate that IGNORE OPTION...well isn't that just too bad...it's an open forum despite your continual whining, if it causes you so much duress, well don't let that door hit you in the arse on the way out...LMAO

I love the way that you and your HERR GEN troll the forum screeching about personal attacks when there aren't any...but allow your little butt buddy's all sort of freedoms that have caused people to put them on ignore and then just leave this HOP. Selective stalking seems to benefit your I.Q. SHEESH!!! BUT I'LL SAY THIS, YOU CERTIANLY EXCEL AT IT :cool:

Back