judge ordered union protesters to stop using illegal tactics

Pandora

So, here is an example of a union that is a great example of why I hate modern day unions.

THey put in a bid and the bid was too high so when they didn't get the contract they caused chaos and damage and took hostages and ruined the day of anyone near their protest and cost other people time and money due to their temper tantrum

Is any union lover out there willing to defend what they did?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4443978...ort-overpower-guards-dump-grain/#.TmrbVHNJn-k

Werbung:
So, here is an example of a union that is a great example of why I hate modern day unions.

THey put in a bid and the bid was too high so when they didn't get the contract they caused chaos and damage and took hostages and ruined the day of anyone near their protest and cost other people time and money due to their temper tantrum

Is any union lover out there willing to defend what they did?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4443978...ort-overpower-guards-dump-grain/#.TmrbVHNJn-k

?? What needs defending? Hard working, honest Americans are defending their jobs. Is there a problem with that?

?? What needs defending? Hard working, honest Americans are defending their jobs. Is there a problem with that?

Are you being serious?

They dumped semi trucks of grain over that belonged to someone else
they took guards hostage
they did this because their bid was too high and someone else got the job

You think doing those things are ok? You think there is no problem with them taking hostages? or dumping someone else's property over and ruining their truck and load?

really? Or are you playing with me

I am serious. No one was hurt, no one was arrested. Working men have to stand up for their jobs or they will be trampled. That is exactly what is happening there. The employer needs to learn that working people are not meat machines to be used and then thrown away when it is convenient.

You have decent working conditions only because the union people who came before fought these battles for you.

You don't honestly believe that without unions you would have weekends off, paid holidays, paid vacations, unemployment insurance, workmans comp insurance and disability, overtime pay, health insurance, and any other benefits that you enjoy, do you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8Kxq9uFDes

Listen to this and then tell me you didn't tear up. ;)

I am serious. No one was hurt, no one was arrested. Working men have to stand up for their jobs or they will be trampled. That is exactly what is happening there. The employer needs to learn that working people are not meat machines to be used and then thrown away when it is convenient.

You have decent working conditions only because the union people who came before fought these battles for you.

You don't honestly believe that without unions you would have weekends off, paid holidays, paid vacations, unemployment insurance, workmans comp insurance and disability, overtime pay, health insurance, and any other benefits that you enjoy, do you?

are you telling me that a company does not have a right to ask for bids and take the lowest? They must take the union bid or pay the price?

It was not their job they were defending it was A job they lost due to a high bid. Does every one who loses out on a bid have a right to dump other peoples semi truck loads of grain and take hostages of they did not get the bid or is that reserved for union people in your mind?

I truly am shocked! I consider you by far thee most sound and fair left leaning person in the forum I never expected you would defend this I expected a couple of others to defend it though :)

are you telling me that a company does not have a right to ask for bids and take the lowest? They must take the union bid or pay the price?

It was not their job they were defending it was A job they lost due to a high bid. Does every one who loses out on a bid have a right to dump other peoples semi truck loads of grain and take hostages of they did not get the bid or is that reserved for union people in your mind?

I truly am shocked! I consider you by far thee most sound and fair left leaning person in the forum I never expected you would defend this I expected a couple of others to defend it though :)

I grew up in a union town. I wasn't union, but I learned the union ideas, and even as an employer accepted that the people who worked for me were part of the team, and that trying to undercut them was a lose-lose for everyone.

There was only one thing that shocked me, and that was that another union crossed their picket line. Those job-stealing, scum-sucking scabs have got to go!

lol... Even with what you perceive as my union/liberal attitude, come contract time I received anonymous death threats and other harsh negotiating tactics.

Unions are not for the faint of heart. But then, they can't be and if they are to persevere against the owner's greed and treachery.

So you are saying its ok for unions to strong arm people, dump their grain, over turn their semi's take hostage exc. if they don't get the bid for a job?

I am forced to be in a union at my job, they strike I cross the picket line and get my job done that I was paid to do even though many of my friends are union, I am not going to picket or not do my job.

I grew up in a union town. I wasn't union, but I learned the union ideas, and even as an employer accepted that the people who worked for me were part of the team, and that trying to undercut them was a lose-lose for everyone.

There was only one thing that shocked me, and that was that another union crossed their picket line. Those job-stealing, scum-sucking scabs have got to go!

lol... Even with what you perceive as my union/liberal attitude, come contract time I received anonymous death threats and other harsh negotiating tactics.

Unions are not for the faint of heart. But then, they can't be and if they are to persevere against the owner's greed and treachery.

So you are saying its ok for unions to strong arm people, dump their grain, over turn their semi's take hostage exc. if they don't get the bid for a job?

I am forced to be in a union at my job, they strike I cross the picket line and get my job done that I was paid to do even though many of my friends are union, I am not going to picket or not do my job.
You cross a picket line? You ought to know better.

As to being "forced to join the union"... are you willing to give the union credit for creating a job and a work environment that you apparently enjoy? It was the union that made that a good job for you, not the owners. Your loyalty needs to be to the people who got you what you are getting, not to the people who want to take it away from you.

Sorry. I knew by 5th grade that scabs are just leeches on society and they destroy the American Way of Life, and I lived in a management household. No one likes scabs.

Yes, Pandora, I am saying it is OK for union members to protect their jobs and my job. Those owners knew they were going to have problems bringing in scabs. They made a choice. In my opinion it was a bad choice. My bet is that this story is far from over.

Unions made my life better than it would have ever been otherwise. I am a believer in the union label, and I am a believer in union values.

Have you listened to Joe Hill yet? :)

You cross a picket line? You ought to know better.

As to being "forced to join the union"... are you willing to give the union credit for creating a job and a work environment that you apparently enjoy? It was the union that made that a good job for you, not the owners. Your loyalty needs to be to the people who got you what you are getting, not to the people who want to take it away from you.

Sorry. I knew by 5th grade that scabs are just leeches on society and they destroy the American Way of Life, and I lived in a management household. No one likes scabs.

Yes, Pandora, I am saying it is OK for union members to protect their jobs and my job. Those owners knew they were going to have problems bringing in scabs. They made a choice. In my opinion it was a bad choice. My bet is that this story is far from over.

Unions made my life better than it would have ever been otherwise. I am a believer in the union label, and I am a believer in union values.

Have you listened to Joe Hill yet? :)

No I had to go to bed and now I have to dash to Vancouver for a soccer game but I will listen to it probably tonight :)

I give my union credit for giving us the day after thanksgiving off paid and 9 other holidays at tax payer expense, yes. and more vacation than I can use in a year and more personal days and development days than I can use in a year all at tax payer expense.

Now I ask you, is it also fair to give my union the credit for the fact we are going under? Because of the high expense of funding these luxury's of the employees the tax payers can not keep up and revenue is down and so we are sinking and sinking fast, we had to close schools and shove students in more classes so we could keep up the benefits of the current employees. Next year we willl have to close even more schools but I will get my automatic pay raise just like everyone no matter how bad they suck at their job. And I blame the union for that as much as I give them credit for my numerous days off that I end up throwing away a chunk because I can not get my job done while taking off a month of vacation and ten holidays and 4 personal days and then there are other days too but you get the idea??

If my union were striking because the buildings we were working in were unsafe, I would strike too. or if they were asking us to do something unsafe.

But when all they strike for is more money and more time off at tax payers expense... Hell no I would not strike with them ever, never ever...

So since you are ok with this I want to know how far you are willing to go.

Is there ever a limit to what a union can ask for? This company could not afford their high wages and you apparently do not feel a company has a right to hire who they want if a union wants the job, but do you feel a union can ask for any pay they want or any benefits they want and it must be given by the company? Do you ever feel there is a reason a private company has a right to hire someone besides a union?

and do you believe that any American has a right to destroy another persons property and take them hostage if they don't get what hey want from their jobs or do you only reserve this right to unions?

Hey, those "scabs" just want to feed their families too. Is there a problem with that?

What needs defending? Hard working, honest Americans are defending their jobs. Is there a problem with that?

And THAT my dears, is why any liboon argument about illegals goes right out the window!

This thread is proof that some lefties truly believe in their historic motto....

"The ends justify the means."

Violence to get what they want, is completely justified.

What does this have to do with wanton destruction of property and mayhem ? Oh, and thie isn't the 30's anymore and Grapes of Wrath was a novel.

Werbung:
Back