Juan Williams: Michelle Obama is ‘Stokely Carmichael in a designer dress.’»

Popeye

I only post this for the benefit of those who continue to cite Juan Williams as an example of a liberal on Faux News. Juan Williams is no liberal, not only did he support Clarence Thomas but there have been numerous other transgressions..including this little nugget on the BillO show last night..

WILLIAMS: And let me just tell you this: If you think about liabilities for President Obama that are close to him, Joe Biden’s up there, but Michelle Obama’s right there. Michelle Obama, you know, she’s got this Stokely Carmichael-in-a-designer-dress thing going. If she starts talking, as Mary Katharine suggested, her instinct is to start with this “blame America,” you know, “I’m the victim.” If that stuff starts to come out —

She's only the first lady Juan, we know you seem to have a thing about harassing women, as does your pal Uncle Thomas...anyway, why don't you give Michelle a break?

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/01/27/juan-michelle-stokely/

Werbung:
I only post this for the benefit of those who continue to cite Juan Williams as an example of a liberal on Faux News. Juan Williams is no liberal, not only did he support Clarence Thomas but there have been numerous other transgressions..including this little nugget on the BillO show last night..

She's only the first lady Juan, we know you seem to have a thing about harassing women, as does your pal Uncle Thomas...anyway, why don't you give Michelle a break?

all he is saying is that she is a loud mouth who constantly says things that offend Americans. and he is right. They had to duct tape her big mouth the last month of the campaign so she didnt say something dumb.

why do you say racist things like calling SCJ Thomas uncle tom? cant you hate him without bringing his race into it?

all he is saying is that she is a loud mouth who constantly says things that offend Americans. and he is right. They had to duct tape her big mouth the last month of the campaign so she didnt say something dumb.
This is not the first time Juan Williams has attacked Michelle Obama. According to Media Matters Williams had this to say in August of last year..

"Well, she's got to be herself, but I do not think she can go for it all out in terms of this kind of militant anger that she sometimes uses, you know. She can be, it seems, rather cynical or dismissive of people," adding, "I don't think she wants to get anywhere near the race issue, anywhere near the militance issue."

Maybe you could help both myself and Media Matters out....what "militant anger" is Williams referring to? Or perhaps you could cite an example of Michelle being "cynical or dismissive" of people.

You know, it's always seemed to me as if Williams attempts to bend over backwards in an attempt to curry favor with the right wing audience Of Faux News....and, in doing so, often makes wild accusations and claims that he can't back up.

why do you say racist things like calling SCJ Thomas uncle tom? cant you hate him without bringing his race into it?

To bad you could not have done that with Palin...and McCain...after all it was them who convinced me to vote Obama not Obama ....

This is not the first time Juan Williams has attacked Michelle Obama. According to Media Matters Williams had this to say in August of last year..

"Well, she's got to be herself, but I do not think she can go for it all out in terms of this kind of militant anger that she sometimes uses, you know. She can be, it seems, rather cynical or dismissive of people," adding, "I don't think she wants to get anywhere near the race issue, anywhere near the militance issue."

Maybe you could help both myself and Media Matters out....what "militant anger" is Williams referring to? Or perhaps you could cite an example of Michelle being "cynical or dismissive" of people.

You know, it's always seemed to me as if Williams attempts to bend over backwards in an attempt to curry favor with the right wing audience Of Faux News....and, in doing so, often makes wild accusations and claims that he can't back up.

Do you remember the video of the boys in army garb chanting alpha omega, obama inspired me to blah blah?
that was started by michelle
she does have a militant anger about her, but so did hillary. I dont even know if that is all so bad, but maybe not great for a first lady

I see Juan williams defend obama pretty regularly and it drives me nuts, but I still like him.

Michelle is not easy to like, I dislike her far more than I dislike her husband. I dislike hillary more than I disliked bill too.

So he's only saying the truth!!!

She is a public figure. I think she can handle it. He is entitled to his opinions.

As for her being "only the first lady" you seem to have had no problem blasting "only the President" for the last 8 years. If he feels she is a political liability, then that is his opinion, attempting to link this to some vague notion of harassing women is ridiculous.

She is a public figure. I think she can handle it. He is entitled to his opinions.

As for her being "only the first lady" you seem to have had no problem blasting "only the President" for the last 8 years. If he feels she is a political liability, then that is his opinion, attempting to link this to some vague notion of harassing women is ridiculous.

I'm not linking Williams' behavior to some "vague" notion of harassing women. Perhaps you don't remember, but back in 1991 Williams was accused of sexual harassment by several female employees at the Washington Post. As you can see by the following...he didn't dispute his guilt.

In 1991, Williams was disciplined by the Washington Post after several female employees at the paper claimed he directed "sexually explicit and hostile comments" towards them. Williams' letter of apology read, in part: "Some of my verbal conduct was wrong. I now know that, and I extend my sincerest apology to those whom I offended.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Williams

I'm not linking Williams' behavior to some "vague" notion of harassing women. Perhaps you don't remember, but back in 1991 Williams was accused of sexual harassment by several female employees at the Washington Post. As you can see by the following...he didn't dispute his guilt.

In 1991, Williams was disciplined by the Washington Post after several female employees at the paper claimed he directed "sexually explicit and hostile comments" towards them. Williams' letter of apology read, in part: "Some of my verbal conduct was wrong. I now know that, and I extend my sincerest apology to those whom I offended.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Williams

Not sure what any of that has to do with the claim that Mrs. Obama could be a political liability....which was more so my point.

Not sure what any of that has to do with the claim that Mrs. Obama could be a political liability....which was more so my point.

You stoked the issue by stating..."attempting to link this to some vague notion of harassing women is ridiculous." Naturally I had to respond.

Interesting that Clarence Thomas and his defender Juan Williams were both accused of sexual harassment the exact same year, don't you think ? Obviously, the two have much in common.

Werbung:
You stoked the issue by stating..."attempting to link this to some vague notion of harassing women is ridiculous." Naturally I had to respond.

Interesting that Clarence Thomas and his defender Juan Williams were both accused of sexual harassment the exact same year, don't you think ? Obviously, the two have much in common.

However, nothing that you stated above is relevant to the original issue of "his opinion is Mrs. Obama is a political liability." That is what I am pointing out.

Back