Juan Williams guest-hosting O'Reilly show YELLING in outrage over how NPR treated him

Little-Acorn

Wow, it's quite a show. Williams is practically grabbing the lapels of everybody he can, to drum into them how outraged he is over NPR's firing him for expressing a feeling that NPR people disagree with, and further over the callous way they denigrated him in remarks over WHY he was fired. He pointed out that he had been a loyal member of NPR for over ten years, and that taking one step over some line they seem to have, should not result in such insulting and denigrating treatment.

I certainly feel for the guy - while I disagree with him on most philosophical things, I agree that his firing was wrong and the treatment he got from them subsequently was completely uncalled for.

But all that aside, my principal reaction has been:

Juan, if you've been so close to NPR for all those ten-plus years, how is it that you've only just noticed this behavior of theirs NOW???

Yes, you're upset over several characteristics you've (apparently recently) noticed about liberals: Their unwillingness to even address any viewpoints different from their own, their contempt for anyone who might hold those opinions, their belief that the holders of those opinions are unredeemable and must not only be disregarded, but destroyed.

But I feel I need to point out one more characteristic: Liberals like those at NPR, are completely unaware that their contempt, bile, and condescension even exist. They honestly believe they treat everyone fairly and equally, even as they vent their contempt and derision upon those they disagree with. It's a strange process (which Orwell called doublethink) that makes awareness of bad thoughts vanish, even as the thoughts themselves remain.

And as the prime example of a person exhibiting this strange doublethink we have: YOU, Juan Williams. You were with NPR for ten long years, and let me assure you, that contempt and desire to destroy those who opposed their ideas, was very much alive and well all that time. If not with you yourself, certainly in all those who surrounded you, worked with you, and called you friend. Yet YOU, Juan, have been strangely unaware of it for all of those ten long years, until just yesterday when it smacked you in the face with a 2x4. Whereupon you started running around and screeching in astonishment and outrage.

It's not just you, Juan. The people who regularly practice that contempt and derision (some of whom just fired you), are absolutely convinced they treat everyone with admirable equality, and accomodate their opinions the same way, without preference or bias, yesterday, today, and in the future. And this not 24 hours after dumping a bucket of filth all over you. The vile thing they did to you is now an unperson, it does not exist, it never existed, in their minds. And YOUR continued squawking over it today, simply shows how disconnected from reality YOU are. According to liberals like those at NPR.

Well, Juan, I agree that your outrage toward them is completely justified. But must I remind you that, just a few days ago, you were just like them? And completely unaware of it? And for the last ten years?

In the recent sci-fi film "The Matrix", Neo chose to take the pill that ripped him out of the Matrix and tossed him into a world where he finally saw reality for the first time, in all its unpleasantly free glory. But before he took that pill, he was part of that Matrix... and completely unaware that it even exists, much less that he was a part of what made it run as it did. But part of it, he was.

You just took that same pill, Juan. Or in your case, had it rammed down your throat. But now that it's happened, welcome to reality.

My question to you is: What can YOU do to help get the other people that are still part of that Matrix (liberalism, with all the vileness and contempt you now know it routinely practices), out of it and into reality? Can you tell me what it would have taken to get YOU out, if you had not been fired and dumped on?

What happened to you, can't be undone now. But are you interested in preventing it from happening to others? You need to start thinking about how. And keep in mind that the people in NPR, and other liberals throughout the land, are just like you were as recently as a week ago: Blissfully unaware of their bias, and convinced they were right to treat people like... well, like they just treated you.

They are the ones you need to work on, Juan. But, how?

Werbung:
Re: Juan Williams guest-hosting O'Reilly show YELLING in outrage over how NPR treated

There's a number of people who have become disillusioned with the left, and they go way back - eg George Orwell, a person who was with the extreme left in the post-WWI era when it was trendy to be a far leftwinger, wrote the books Animal Farm and 1984 to express his disillusion with it.

You have to remember that people nowadays get a thorough indoctrination with lib/leftism in school from the age of 5 to 22, and then get a daily booster shot from the massive lib media. It can be very hard for many to come to the full realization of what the left is, sadly some only late in life.

Back