Jindal makes up stories

Popeye

As if the other night wasn't bad enough, it looks like Bobby was telling a fib...

ABOUT THAT BOAT STORY.... There were obviously quite a few problems with Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal's (R) speech the other night, but there's one nagging question that hasn't gotten enough attention.

Jindal, hoping to make a point about how awful government is, told an interesting tale:

"During Katrina, I visited Sheriff Harry Lee, a Democrat and a good friend of mine. When I walked into his makeshift office I'd never seen him so angry. He was yelling into the phone: 'Well, I'm the Sheriff and if you don't like it you can come and arrest me!' I asked him: 'Sheriff, what's got you so mad?' He told me that he had put out a call for volunteers to come with their boats to rescue people who were trapped on their rooftops by the floodwaters. The boats were all lined up ready to go -- when some bureaucrat showed up and told them they couldn't go out on the water unless they had proof of insurance and registration.

"I told him, 'Sheriff, that's ridiculous.' And before I knew it, he was yelling into the phone: 'Congressman Jindal is here, and he says you can come and arrest him too!' Harry just told the boaters to ignore the bureaucrats and start rescuing people."

Jindal has told the same story quite a few times.

Now, the governor bringing up Harry Lee is itself problematic, given the former sheriff's controversial background with racism. But then there's that other issue: did any of this actually happen? Was Lee fighting a bureaucracy in the midst of a crisis? Did Jindal come to his aid? Did "some bureaucrat" interfere with a rescue effort?

We can't ask Lee for his version of events; he died in 2007. But there's ample evidence that Jindal has ... how do I put this gently ... taken some liberties.

Zachary Roth did some digging and found some interesting details. First, for example, Lee later acknowledged that he "didn't find out about the license and registration issue until about seven days after the incident." Second, Jindal couldn't have seen Lee arguing during the crisis, since Jindal wasn't in New Orleans while people were stranded on roofs. Third, as Roth documents, details of Jindal's story have "evolved" over time.

Jindal's anecdote is, to be sure, a great story. It'd be even better if it were true.

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2009_02/017063.php

Werbung:
Silly how BOTH sides make up stories Poindexter...

Hillary Clinton has been regaling supporters on the campaign trail with hair-raising tales of a trip she made to Bosnia in March 1996. In her retelling, she was sent to places that her husband, President Bill Clinton, could not go because they were "too dangerous." When her account was challenged by one of her traveling companions, the comedian Sinbad, she upped the ante and injected even more drama into the story. In a speech earlier this week, she talked about "landing under sniper fire" and running for safety with "our heads down."

Anyone remember Al Gore visiting a wild fire in Texas? Funny he mentioned that during the debate, and even Bush had the most puzzled look on his face like... huh? When the heck did you ever visit Texas, you nimrod?

Of course he wisely didn't saying anything since I'm sure he didn't remember sure either way. But of course it came out to be completely false. Al Gore never visited Texas during the wild fires.

That said, yes the guy should have been completely honest about his story. Of course one problem is, the point of the story is true. People were not allowed to help rescue victims because of governmental red-tape garbage.

That said, it is possible his talking with the Sheriff, had occurred many days later, and happen to walk in when he was talking with someone about his decision to send the boats out without proper government approval. Or he could be stretching the truth too. I don't know. Unlike democrats, I don't assume.

As if the other night wasn't bad enough, it looks like Bobby was telling a fib...
"Jindal has told the same story quite a few times."​
I believe....within Republikan-circles....after something's been repeated 3 times, it's magically elevated to being considered a fact.

Hell, look what they did to that fairy-tale concept of Evil.

:rolleyes:

Anyone remember Al Gore visiting a wild fire in Texas? Funny he mentioned that during the debate, and even Bush had the most puzzled look on his face like... huh? When the heck did you ever visit Texas, you nimrod?

Of course he wisely didn't saying anything since I'm sure he didn't remember sure either way. But of course it came out to be completely false. Al Gore never visited Texas during the wild fires.

That said, yes the guy should have been completely honest about his story. Of course one problem is, the point of the story is true. People were not allowed to help rescue victims because of governmental red-tape garbage.

That said, it is possible his talking with the Sheriff, had occurred many days later, and happen to walk in when he was talking with someone about his decision to send the boats out without proper government approval. Or he could be stretching the truth too. I don't know. Unlike democrats, I don't assume.

During Katrina I remember the news told a story about school busses that were not used to get people out of flooding areas because they did not have a class c driver for each bus, and finally a teen boy hot wired one of them and drove as many people out as could fit on the bus.

those things did happen, I dont know about his boat story... if its not true I wonder why he didnt just use the kid and the bus story

This is funny!. The lying lib party with the Lying Lib OBAMA as president are now having a problem with someone lying.

If you are going to set standards about lying, start by telling Obama to quit doing it.

"There were no earmarks in the stimulus package".. On national T.V. even.

So give the lying crap a rest.

This is funny!. The lying lib party with the Lying Lib OBAMA as president are now having a problem with someone lying.

If you are going to set standards about lying, start by telling Obama to quit doing it.

"There were no earmarks in the stimulus package".. On national T.V. even.

So give the lying crap a rest.

Liberals think standards are something meant for the other guy
kind of like paying taxes

Werbung:
Back