Is Western culture being destroyed?

If living a life guided by compassion (and by association, empathy) is a moral imperative then how can you justify a condemnation of homosexuality given that most research appears to show it is not a "choice"?

Defining marriage as a legal institution is not a condemnationg of homosexuality.

Werbung:
I meant the medical procedure undertaken to change one's gender. That's a personal choice.

A medical procedure to fix a club foot or cleft palate, or laser surgery for bad eyesight, or any number of other medical procedures are choices too. Are you stating--as the Church used to--that any corrective medical treatment is sinful? Or are you singling out just transsexual surgery? If so, why? I keep asking why you are so unhappy with us since there's nothing in the Bible about transsexuality.

A medical procedure to fix a club foot or cleft palate, or laser surgery for bad eyesight, or any number of other medical procedures are choices too. Are you stating--as the Church used to--that any corrective medical treatment is sinful?

No. I was merely wondering if you need a psych evaluation for this -- unlike club foot, cleft palate, etc. etc., which you obviously don't. I asked because I read it somewhere a long time ago.

I see that no answer is forthcoming.

Or are you singling out just transsexual surgery?

No, as stated above.

If so, why?

Since the answer is no, then this question isn't necessary.

I keep asking why you are so unhappy with us since there's nothing in the Bible about transsexuality.

What a forest of meandering illogic your mind is!

Is it? There's no definate consensus there....and the more we research the human brain and it's evolution...the less some things seem like "choices".

The only choice may be whether or not to "choose" to act on an inate and biological orientation. Transexualism has long been recognized in many human cultures and in some cases revered, in some reviled.

According to: http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/85/5/2034

Studies indicate that transsexualism is connected with a difference in the human brain called the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis. In one study, male-to-female transsexuals and cisgendered women were shown to have brains that were similar to each other in the BSTc area of the brain. Both heterosexual and homosexual men showed male brain structuring in this area.
http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=IS02E3

However, despite efforts by homosexual activists to distance the gay lifestyle from pedophilia, there remains a disturbing connection between the two. This is because, by definition, male homosexuals are sexually attracted to other males. While many homosexuals may not seek young sexual partners, the evidence indicates that disproportionate numbers of gay men seek adolescent males or boys as sexual partners. In this paper we will consider the following evidence linking homosexuality to pedophilia:

· Pedophiles are invariably males: Almost all sex crimes against children are committed by men.

· Significant numbers of victims are males: Up to one-third of all sex crimes against children are committed against boys (as opposed to girls).

· The 10 percent fallacy: Studies indicate that, contrary to the inaccurate but widely accepted claims of sex researcher Alfred Kinsey, homosexuals comprise between 1 to 3 percent of the population.

· Homosexuals are overrepresented in child sex offenses: Individuals from the 1 to 3 percent of the population that is sexually attracted to the same sex are committing up to one-third of the sex crimes against children.

· Some homosexual activists defend the historic connection between homosexuality and pedophilia: Such activists consider the defense of "boy-lovers" to be a legitimate gay rights issue.

· Pedophile themes abound in homosexual literary culture: Gay fiction as well as serious academic treatises promote "intergenerational intimacy."

MALE HOMOSEXUALS COMMIT A DISPROPORTIONATE NUMBER OF CHILD SEX ABUSE CASES

Homosexual apologists admit that some homosexuals sexually molest children, but they deny that homosexuals are more likely to commit such offenses. After all, they argue, the majority of child molestation cases are heterosexual in nature. While this is correct in terms of absolute numbers, this argument ignores the fact that homosexuals comprise only a very small percentage of the population.

The evidence indicates that homosexual men molest boys at rates grossly disproportionate to the rates at which heterosexual men molest girls. To demonstrate this it is necessary to connect several statistics related to the problem of child sex abuse: 1) men are almost always the perpetrator; 2) up to one-third or more of child sex abuse cases are committed against boys; 3) less than three percent of the population are homosexuals. Thus, a tiny percentage of the population (homosexual men), commit one-third or more of the cases of child sexual molestation.

The Family Research Center is a pretty biased source....with a very clear anti-homosexual agenda. I did try to pick neutral sources when making my argument.

There are a couple of things to keep in mind:

Pedophilia is concerned primarily with pre-adolescent children. It's called something else when you enter adolescence and then you start getting into a grey area - such as statuatory rape and the characteristcs of the offender are different.

Sex crimes against children and adolescents are committed primarily by men. No surprise there. However - as that one article showed, most of those men are heterosexual in orientation even if they preyed upon a male child.

Thus - even if most cases are committed against boys - that doesn't mean the perpetrator was homosexual.

I don't see how a man choosing to have intercourse with a male, child or adult, means he is not homosexual. If you are a man, and you actively decide to go and shag a male child because of the pleasure, you have homosexual preferences and tendancies. Unless you are SO desperate you'll do it even though you find it disgusting.

http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=IS02E3

· Significant numbers of victims are males: Up to one-third of all sex crimes against children are committed against boys (as opposed to girls).

· The 10 percent fallacy: Studies indicate that, contrary to the inaccurate but widely accepted claims of sex researcher Alfred Kinsey, homosexuals comprise between 1 to 3 percent of the population.

· Homosexuals are overrepresented in child sex offenses: Individuals from the 1 to 3 percent of the population that is sexually attracted to the same sex are committing up to one-third of the sex crimes against children.

See, right here you've got a fallacy: that men that commit sex crimes against male children are homosexual in outlook. In addition the author is likely lumping adolescents and children in one group to make his point when the causes and characteristics differ enough that there is a different term for it.

I don't see how a man choosing to have intercourse with a male, child or adult, means he is not homosexual. If you are a man, and you actively decide to go and shag a male child because of the pleasure, you have homosexual preferences and tendancies. Unless you are SO desperate you'll do it even though you find it disgusting.

Not necessarily. Do you look at a child and see a man or a woman? There are no sexual characteristics in a child. I think that is the point being made.

In one study - many of the male offenders identified themselves as heterosexuals and were involved in a heterosexual relationship.

Werbung:
By the way - I am not in any way defending the practice!

But I think one needs to be fair and accurate in labeling such things or you end up with the kind of mentality that leads to witch hunts and genocide.

Back