Is Trump a real contender

We don't see many strict constructionists. Ron Paul and now Rand, maybe. I'd like to see more of that and hear more about how they are going to honor the Constitution. In all the pretty speeches, we don't hear the Constitution mentioned much. It's a battle of BS and wedge issues the majority of the time.

Werbung:
I think the issue isn't whether he is a contender. The issue is that he is clearly not a Republican contender but has managed to hijack the party thus for for his own uses.

I think the issue isn't whether he is a contender. The issue is that he is clearly not a Republican contender but has managed to hijack the party thus for for his own uses.
What's a republican ? Boehner and Cantor were republicans as is Ryan. All rolled over for BO on cue.

Is Donald Trump a real contender or is he just in the race to make someone else look good?

My American aunt (I'm British) seems to think so.

With the guys views and what he says, I'm thinking the same.

Are there any obvious points that a Brit might have missed that proves or debunks our opinion?
He's the last man standing. I guess he must be a serious contender. How so many can vote for a candidate who has said the things he has said, I'll never know. They must not be listening to their own candidate.

He's the last man standing. I guess he must be a serious contender. How so many can vote for a candidate who has said the things he has said, I'll never know. They must not be listening to their own candidate.
Or perhaps they want a robust economy more than political correctness.
I see Vincent Fox wants to kiss and make up now.

Hillary has a 8.5 point lead over Trump on average in a head-to-head match-up. But Trump could gain ground on Hillary in the coming months and the general election could become a pretty close battle. Analysts often point out Hillary's weakness with younger voters under 30 and she can't assume that she would win the general election.

RCP Average 4/11 - 5/1 -- -- 47.3 40.8 Clinton +6.5
CNN/ORC 4/28 - 5/1 890 RV 3.5 54 41 Clinton +13
Rasmussen Reports 4/27 - 4/28 1000 LV 3.0 39 41 Trump +2
IBD/TIPP 4/22 - 4/28 814 RV 3.5 47 40 Clinton +7
USA Today/Suffolk 4/20 - 4/24 1000 LV 3.0 50 39 Clinton +11
GWU/Battleground 4/17 - 4/20 1000 LV 3.1 46 43 Clinton +3
FOX News 4/11 - 4/13 1021 RV 3.0 48 41 Clinton +7

Last edited:
Whatever the outcome is, Trump as played the game superbly up to now. I don't know what the future will bring when it comes to American politics, but Trump as certainly opened peoples eyes and shown that by simply saying all the right things, no matter if you can deliver them or not, will get you a solid base of support at least.

Trump can win in November but only if Conservatives don't field an Independent candidate. Should all Republicans unite behind him then there's a 50% chance that he can win. If they don't then the odds of winning drop.

Werbung:
Back