Is multiculturalism a thing of the past?

I do understand that not all Muslims are radical terrorists but there's a percentage that are. On top of that there's also a percentage who even though don't take part in these acts, they protect and sympathise with those that do, and we've no way of knowing how many that is.

In the UK, the government want the religious schools that are found in Muslim communities to be inspected just like all the other schools are, that of course hasn't gone down well. The Muslim clerics and preachers won't open the doors and let the authorities see what they are teaching, but if there's nothing to hide then why not?

The U.K. is weird at the moment.

They have closed some of those schools for teaching anti-Semitism while at the same time telling teachers not to teach of atheism because they consider the U.K. a religious area and not an atheistic one. I think and hope that the reverse is true. Atheist nations tend to have better behaved citizens.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/e...cover-atheism-says-nicky-morgan-a6787951.html

Brits are usually brighter than this.

Regards
DL

Werbung:
Another issue is that people don't know enough about Islam to be able to decide for themselves if it's a so called religion of peace or not.

There isn't a middle ground, people aren't able to get a Muslims perspective without them having their own agenda. The Muslims that do speak to the media are either trying to convince people it's not full of radical extremists and IS aren't Muslim, or they're trying to justify what IS are doing.

I haven't heard one person say these are the facts, now go and judge for yourselves.

FMPOV, if someone need to know more than the fact that Islam is against freedom of speech to determine if they are a worthy religion then those people do not belong in a freedom loving West either.

Our forefathers died for freedom and some of us may have to follow their lead to maintain that freedom from Islam's assault.

Regards
DL

No religion should be free of Criticism and that includes Islam and Atheists.
However no religion should be insulted by drawing cartoons etc. That includes all religions if this is just an insult.

No religion should be free of Criticism and that includes Islam and Atheists.
However no religion should be insulted by drawing cartoons etc. That includes all religions if this is just an insult.

If it is. A big "If".

Most cartoons have a reason for being written and for writers to have to worry about being murdered because some religious fool, who should not be offended, is, is no justification for murder.

Do you not believe in an eye for an eye?

Is killing someone for a perceived insult overkill?

Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -- Thomas Jefferson

To not be able to ridicule goes against freedom of speech.

Are you ready to lose what your forefathers fought and died to give you?

Look at what Islam tried and failed to do in the U.N.

Are you saying they should have won that vote?

Regards
DL

My stetement was that if the cartoon was just meant as an insult and serve no other purpose it is wrong. I is serve another purpose it may be justified. I can not see what purpose s serve by putting Christ or Mohammad in urine. In fact most countries would ban such a presentation even without the UN.
Just as Hitchens can SAY THAT GOD IS NOT GREAT. This is jus criticism of God but to add . THAT RELIGION POISONS EVERYTHING , IS ABSURD.
Universal statements like The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of people is required for real happiness can not be prove in history. Religion has declined in mot western countries but real happiness has not grown.
Hitchens states that his is the last revelation. But there will be more.

My stetement was that if the cartoon was just meant as an insult and serve no other purpose it is wrong. I is serve another purpose it may be justified. I can not see what purpose s serve by putting Christ or Mohammad in urine. In fact most countries would ban such a presentation even without the UN.
Just as Hitchens can SAY THAT GOD IS NOT GREAT. This is jus criticism of God but to add . THAT RELIGION POISONS EVERYTHING , IS ABSURD.
Universal statements like The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of people is required for real happiness can not be prove in history. Religion has declined in mot western countries but real happiness has not grown.
Hitchens states that his is the last revelation. But there will be more.

Even if absurd, people have a right to make such statements without having to fear death.

An eye for an eye is our basic legal formula for retribution.

Insult for insult then should be the remedy. Not death for insult.

If God wants to kill for insult then the prick should do his own killing and not his intolerant and insane followers.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian Bishop I am not saying Hitchens should be ban or put to death. He has a right in most countries to publish his books.
I have not seen most of the Danish cartoons but those I seen make no constructive criticism just insult religious leaders.
Such insults are not justified unless they serve some purpose,
An example of avoiding insults was the recent Iran American conflict over a boat they stray into Iran waters> The American sailors apologise , knelt as prisoners and the woman even had her head covered. They obey Iran laws and customs wile in Iran .This is all you should expect not insults.

God can punish insults but so can man not all of who are insane or intolerant.

Gnostic Christian Bishop I am not saying Hitchens should be ban or put to death. He has a right in most countries to publish his books.
I have not seen most of the Danish cartoons but those I seen make no constructive criticism just insult religious leaders.
Such insults are not justified unless they serve some purpose,
An example of avoiding insults was the recent Iran American conflict over a boat they stray into Iran waters> The American sailors apologise , knelt as prisoners and the woman even had her head covered. They obey Iran laws and customs wile in Iran .This is all you should expect not insults.

God can punish insults but so can man not all of who are insane or intolerant.

How can you know what God can do?

Most religions say that God is unfathomable and unknowable and works in mysterious ways.

How can you possibly know anything about God?

Everything that is said of God is demonstrably speculative nonsense.

Seems you like to lie just as much as priests and imams.

Come to me with facts and not demonstrably speculative nonsense.

As to your "They obey Iran laws and customs wile in Iran .".

Muslims who bring violence to Denmark or Paris because of cartoons should also obey the law of the land they are in, even if like you, they do not understand how the host country's humor.

To kill for a joke or satire is quite immoral and overkill.

For you to try to justify that shows your lack of morals and sense of justice. It exceeds an eye for an eye by quite a stretch.

Regards
DL

I do not justify killing anyone. I condemn the Paris killings. But I do object to insults to my religion. As to what God would do, while no know the depths of God surely religious leaders who spent their life studying him would no more than you.

I do not justify killing anyone. I condemn the Paris killings. But I do object to insults to my religion. As to what God would do, while no know the depths of God surely religious leaders who spent their life studying him would no more than you.

That is quite a dumb statement in light of the fact that most religions begin by saying that God is unknowable and unfathomable and works in mysterious ways.

They say that then proceed to lie about what they fathom of the unfathomable and know of the unknowable.

They are obviously and demonstrably lying yet you respect them for their lies.

If you object to insults to your religion, you should be able to refute whatever is said. If you cannot, then you are upset by the truth.

Too damned bad. Change religion to a better one.

Regards
DL

Here in the UK, there IS a section of Muslims that condone what ISIS is doing and do openly recruit outside mosques without fear of any retribution. These people are known to the UK authorities but still no action is taken in most cases and when action is taken it amounts to just a slap on the wrist.

Many Muslims condemn the actions of these people, but at the same time aren't willing to stand up against them. If they did, I think the Muslim communities would be better respected than they are.

Here in the UK, there IS a section of Muslims that condone what ISIS is doing and do openly recruit outside mosques without fear of any retribution. These people are known to the UK authorities but still no action is taken in most cases and when action is taken it amounts to just a slap on the wrist.

Many Muslims condemn the actions of these people, but at the same time aren't willing to stand up against them. If they did, I think the Muslim communities would be better respected than they are.

That plus the non-Muslims are too deep into political correctness.

The West is busy calling a religion of war a religion of peace.

Both Christianity and Islam are religions of war.

Regards
DL

Unfortunately, nowadays angry American white males believe they're the victim. The whole scene with Obama being president, illegal immigration being a problem, terrorism, Muslim crime in Europe, among other things, has fed this whole mentality. Of course, in some ways white males are victims, but in other ways they are not. White privilege is still a major problem, and most of the poor of the world and USA are still non-white.

I don't necessarily think that white males are thinking they're the victim, I just think that the equal rights for everybody that people wanted, as swung too far now the other way.

Just look at what's happening with the Oscars at the moment. Is it too much to suggest that no coloured actors have been nominated simply because they haven't been good enough?

People have made the issue a black vs white debate, when maybe it should be a good performance vs an outstanding performance, regardless of the colour.

Werbung:
Unfortunately, nowadays angry American white males believe they're the victim. The whole scene with Obama being president, illegal immigration being a problem, terrorism, Muslim crime in Europe, among other things, has fed this whole mentality. Of course, in some ways white males are victims, but in other ways they are not. White privilege is still a major problem, and most of the poor of the world and USA are still non-white.

White Europeans hardly feel privileged at this point in time.

Regards
DL

Back