Is multiculturalism a thing of the past?

Werbung:
When some on this side of the Atlantic try to say that there are no go zones, people always throw that Fox news error around and will not believe that there are no go zones being created as we speak.

I think the people in such places should be given the choice of joining the greater society or getting the hell out to where they might be more comfortable with their own instead of screwing up their adopted land.

A hard line, no doubt but I see no other way to bring peace back to some areas.

Regards
DL

I don't think anybody likes to admit that there are places in their homeland where they're not welcome, but that is exactly what people are dealing with, and just because we might not like to admit it, doesn't mean it isn't happening.

A few years ago now in the city I live for example, there was a petrol shortage and a few of the garages were running out and limiting customers to a certain amount, fair enough. It was a temporary measure, no big deal.

What WAS a big deal, was in some parts of the city where it was predominantly Muslim, the garages there had signs up saying 'Muslim customers only' and the garages were behind surrounded by members of the local community and not allowing people into the garages who they didn't know, or...basically a case of no whites allowed.

That didn't get reported much, even though I saw it with my own eyes as did thousands of others and it caused rioting in some parts of the city. That's the problem the UK is facing now, and English people aren't welcome in certain English towns and cities.

How would that go down in the US?

Just look at Germany and isn’t the only place where multiculturalism has failed. In fact, I’d love to see someone point to a success. When the “ism” sets up parallel societies, it is bound to fail. A “foreign” or non-native culture that is allowed to coexist with the native culture has little reason or to become a part of the society the native culture has created. Or, as we’ve talked about, “assimilate”. Instead the foreign is allowed to establish itself and its cultural principles in that parallel society. If allowed, it could obviously, at some point, supplant the native culture, especially if the native culture is shamed into being “tolerant” and allowing such a culture a foothold – especially if that culture is diametrically opposed to the native culture.

France and Germany have allowed that condition to develop and exist for years. And, as Ms. Merkel points out, it’s been an utter failure.

The US, on the other hand, hasn’t. It has always considered itself a “melting pot”, not a “salad bowl”.

Until now..

The truth is that some cultures are inferior to others and citizens of nations have every right to expect those who wish to call their country home also embraces the native culture that has made the nation and people what they are today.

Despite what Third term saidP1020658.JPG P1020658.JPG I think Multi Culturalism is working well I Australia> I am married to a Filipino and do not live in a ghetto. The food might be different but essentially we are all the same. Happy Christmas

I don't think anybody likes to admit that there are places in their homeland where they're not welcome, but that is exactly what people are dealing with, and just because we might not like to admit it, doesn't mean it isn't happening.

A few years ago now in the city I live for example, there was a petrol shortage and a few of the garages were running out and limiting customers to a certain amount, fair enough. It was a temporary measure, no big deal.

What WAS a big deal, was in some parts of the city where it was predominantly Muslim, the garages there had signs up saying 'Muslim customers only' and the garages were behind surrounded by members of the local community and not allowing people into the garages who they didn't know, or...basically a case of no whites allowed.

That didn't get reported much, even though I saw it with my own eyes as did thousands of others and it caused rioting in some parts of the city. That's the problem the UK is facing now, and English people aren't welcome in certain English towns and cities.

How would that go down in the US?

Dearborn might be the test.

Regards
DL

Just look at Germany and isn’t the only place where multiculturalism has failed. In fact, I’d love to see someone point to a success. When the “ism” sets up parallel societies, it is bound to fail. A “foreign” or non-native culture that is allowed to coexist with the native culture has little reason or to become a part of the society the native culture has created. Or, as we’ve talked about, “assimilate”. Instead the foreign is allowed to establish itself and its cultural principles in that parallel society. If allowed, it could obviously, at some point, supplant the native culture, especially if the native culture is shamed into being “tolerant” and allowing such a culture a foothold – especially if that culture is diametrically opposed to the native culture.

France and Germany have allowed that condition to develop and exist for years. And, as Ms. Merkel points out, it’s been an utter failure.

The US, on the other hand, hasn’t. It has always considered itself a “melting pot”, not a “salad bowl”.

Until now..

The truth is that some cultures are inferior to others and citizens of nations have every right to expect those who wish to call their country home also embraces the native culture that has made the nation and people what they are today.

"Ms. Merkel points out, it’s been an utter failure."

When was this and do you have a link?

Regards
DL

As a Historian I have to agree with Malcolm Turnbull. The Arab world did save Western learning during the Dark Ages. Some Muslims are less tolerant than others. So are some European.

No culture has ownership of tolerance or intolerance. I also question the motives of people that try to re-define multiculturalism and whether it has failed or not.

Nytrgeek. I agree with you their is no ownership of tolerance belonging to any cultural > multiculturalism is a new word but I think it can be define as a mixture of cultures.

I say that it's failed in the city that I live in, simply due to the fact that there's a hatred built up across the different areas of the city. The only 'motive' I have to say that it's failed, is just to point out that different cultures and religions aren't living peacefully alongside each other and there's a them vs us mentality, especially here in the north of England.

The reality of multiculturalism has always (and will always) exist. Human cultures are not static. They move and interact with others. The concept of "multiculturalism" (as advocated in modern times) is slowly becoming a catch-all phrase that is slowly losing its significance that it once promised to bring.

I think it's due to threat and comfort levels. We're so predisposed to seeing another culture has a threat for whatever reason, due to news and the internet. Back then, the internet didn't exist, and the internet is only half truth. People grow fearful and by default, they stay away from things they do not know, whether or not it is an actual threat.

Werbung:
I think it's due to threat and comfort levels. We're so predisposed to seeing another culture has a threat for whatever reason, due to news and the internet. Back then, the internet didn't exist, and the internet is only half truth. People grow fearful and by default, they stay away from things they do not know, whether or not it is an actual threat.
I will agree with that assessment to a point. Humans are psychologically predisposed to see anything different as a threat. As you point, this fear of change spreads even faster. This fear may be part of the reason people have a paranoia about "multiculturalism"

Back