Is it a sin to seek knowledge?

Not at all. Infact if i may say, seeking knowledge is mandatory. Because, how can a person be without seeking knowledge? It always guides you and protect you aswell. I am a muslim. The prophet said we should all seek for knowledge even if it will take you to china. Is like a salt or seasoning, how would you feel when you did not include it in your cooking? I guess it will be terrible and such is knowledge to life.

Werbung:
Sometimes knowledge comes to us via experiences; ones we do not seek but they happen by chance. For instance we may gain knowledge of sadness and betrayal, yet we do not actively seek it.

I think it is a sin to abuse knowledge that has been acquired, or to use it against someone to cause harm. There are people who able to assimilate knowledge more readily than others, therefore just because one seeks knowledge, doesn't mean they will find it.

Sometimes knowledge comes to us via experiences; ones we do not seek but they happen by chance. For instance we may gain knowledge of sadness and betrayal, yet we do not actively seek it.

I think it is a sin to abuse knowledge that has been acquired, or to use it against someone to cause harm. There are people who able to assimilate knowledge more readily than others, therefore just because one seeks knowledge, doesn't mean they will find it.
Well stated! But how often?

Not at all. Infact if i may say, seeking knowledge is mandatory. Because, how can a person be without seeking knowledge? It always guides you and protect you aswell. I am a muslim. The prophet said we should all seek for knowledge even if it will take you to china. Is like a salt or seasoning, how would you feel when you did not include it in your cooking? I guess it will be terrible and such is knowledge to life.

I like your view.

Let's see how well you live by it.

I have a message I wanted to give to Muslim men and perhaps you can comment on it.

----------

Muslim men. Honor and duty to women demand that you outlaw the hijab, niqab and burka.

Think of our Penopticon world.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...&mid=07979719D3363FED0DBB07979719D3363FED0DBB

In our technological world, security of the person is relying more and more on technology. Authorities of all kinds have their satellites and cameras on in so many locations now that one can barely find a place to spit without three different camera angle shots being taken and a spitting ticket being issued by someone monitoring those camera shots and looking for your money.

Annoying? --- Perhaps. --- But great for security of the person and pleasing to our political as well as religious sense of duty and honor to women. Especially Muslim honor as Islam emphasized a man’s honor and duty to women, more than in the West. A Muslim man’s honor resides in his wife and protecting is paramount.

The point is that the state provides security to it’s citizens via this technology and that more and more technology will be used. I.E., cell phones.

It is incumbent then on the Muslim state to make it illegal to hinder any state or government from insuring the safety of all citizens, as honor and duty demands. Muslim woman should not be allowed to escape the safety umbrella that the state, in this case, Muslim men and Sharia, who must provide security of the person for Muslim women.

Honor and duty to women demands that Muslim men forbid Muslim women from wearing anything that would reduce their security. Enhancing the security of Muslim women is a Muslim man’s responsibility, duty and honor. To not accept and indeed demand the highest security for the Muslim women is dishonor and a shirking of a Muslim man’s duty.

Allah will be pleased when Muslim men step up and have their women toss their hijab, niqab and burka in the dustbin, as Muslim honor demands. A veil is what Allah likes.

Regards
DL

When one does find it though, should one be punished for it the way God is said to punish A & E?

Regards
DL

I like your view.

Let's see how well you live by it.

I have a message I wanted to give to Muslim men and perhaps you can comment on it.

----------

Muslim men. Honor and duty to women demand that you outlaw the hijab, niqab and burka.

Think of our Penopticon world.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...&mid=07979719D3363FED0DBB07979719D3363FED0DBB

In our technological world, security of the person is relying more and more on technology. Authorities of all kinds have their satellites and cameras on in so many locations now that one can barely find a place to spit without three different camera angle shots being taken and a spitting ticket being issued by someone monitoring those camera shots and looking for your money.

Annoying? --- Perhaps. --- But great for security of the person and pleasing to our political as well as religious sense of duty and honor to women. Especially Muslim honor as Islam emphasized a man’s honor and duty to women, more than in the West. A Muslim man’s honor resides in his wife and protecting is paramount.

The point is that the state provides security to it’s citizens via this technology and that more and more technology will be used. I.E., cell phones.

It is incumbent then on the Muslim state to make it illegal to hinder any state or government from insuring the safety of all citizens, as honor and duty demands. Muslim woman should not be allowed to escape the safety umbrella that the state, in this case, Muslim men and Sharia, who must provide security of the person for Muslim women.

Honor and duty to women demands that Muslim men forbid Muslim women from wearing anything that would reduce their security. Enhancing the security of Muslim women is a Muslim man’s responsibility, duty and honor. To not accept and indeed demand the highest security for the Muslim women is dishonor and a shirking of a Muslim man’s duty.

Allah will be pleased when Muslim men step up and have their women toss their hijab, niqab and burka in the dustbin, as Muslim honor demands. A veil is what Allah likes.

Regards
DL
Thanks for the comment, in Islam, Niqab is not madatory, but it is allowed when a woman like it! But for hijab, it is mandatory for her to cover her body..

Thanks for the comment, in Islam, Niqab is not madatory, but it is allowed when a woman like it! But for hijab, it is mandatory for her to cover her body..

There is nothing in the Qur'an that says it is mandatory.

Islam brags and lies about itself if you are correct as it says that there is no compulsion in Islam.

You are saying there is. That is oppression and not equality unless you are saying that men must wear the same apparel.

Was I defining a man's duty and honor satisfactorily to you as a Muslim in what I gave you?

Regards
DL

There is nothing in the Qur'an that says it is mandatory.

Islam brags and lies about itself if you are correct as it says that there is no compulsion in Islam.

You are saying there is. That is oppression and not equality unless you are saying that men must wear the same apparel.

Was I defining a man's duty and honor satisfactorily to you as a Muslim in what I gave you?

Regards
DL
What about the hadith? Or the saying of scholars? May be you need to make some researches on that!

Werbung:
What about the hadith? Or the saying of scholars? May be you need to make some researches on that!

If they had anything worthy, I imagine you would have put it.

That aside. I go by the actions I see regardless of what the unholy books say. Words can be interpreted in many different way and there are many Islams so going by actions seen is more true than the books.

Again. Was I defining a man's duty and honor satisfactorily to you as a Muslim in what I gave you?

Regards
DL

Back