Is God competent or incompetent?

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Is God competent or incompetent?

We are told in scriptures that evil begets evil and good begets good. God, as our creator, according to scriptures, creates us all as sinners, which many see as evil.

God can thus be seen and judged as being the original sinner since the fruits of his labor (us) went bad or are born bad. A tree is known by its fruits. What else could come from a sinner tree but sin?

I give God a fail on competence for the following reasons.

God created heaven that produced Satan. Fail.

God created Eden which produced Original Sin. Fail.

God had to reboot creation with Noah’s flood. Fail.

God sent his son to forgive mankind instead of stepping up himself. Fail, for moral reasons.

God also had to create hell for his rejects which scriptures say will be the vast majority of us. Fail.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds and if we believe that, then the Christian God would obviously be rejected by Jesus and agree with my fail judgement.

Do you agree?

Regards

DL

Werbung:
We are told in scriptures that evil begets evil and good begets good. God, as our creator, according to scriptures, creates us all as sinners, which many see as evil.

Beginning your argument with a lie only proves how inadequate you are, and the depths of your anti-Christ beliefs.

Genesis 2:25 "And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed."
Genesis 3:5-7 " For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons."

God can thus be seen and judged as being the original sinner since the fruits of his labor (us) went bad or are born bad. A tree is known by its fruits. What else could come from a sinner tree but sin?

Anyone can choose to be good even as you have chosen to be evil. That was one of the gifts God gave man. Adam, and Eve, chose to disobey God even as you have, and thus sin entered into man, and the Earth.

Enough said.

Beginning your argument with a lie only proves how inadequate you are, and the depths of your anti-Christ beliefs.

Genesis 2:25 "And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed."
Genesis 3:5-7 " For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons."

Anyone can choose to be good even as you have chosen to be evil. That was one of the gifts God gave man. Adam, and Eve, chose to disobey God even as you have, and thus sin entered into man, and the Earth.

Enough said.

For your simplistic view perhaps.

"Genesis 3:5-7 " For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil"

IOW, A & E developed a moral sense by ignoring God.

Is your moral sense important to you?

Regards
DL

Anyone can choose to be good even as you have chosen to be evil.

If so, why has no one ever chosen not to sin?

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all sin by nature then, the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin. That being the case, for God to punish us for following the instincts and natures he put in us would be quite wrong.

Regards
DL

For your simplistic view perhaps.

"Genesis 3:5-7 " For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil"

IOW, A & E developed a moral sense by ignoring God.

Is your moral sense important to you?

Regards
DL

Yes Liar, that was Satan speaking to the perfect beings that God had created. And through that deception, as you consistently do, sin entered into man.

What "moral" sense do you have when you constantly lie, and lead others to follow Satan rather then God?

choice is in itself a moral dilema, choice implies contemplation of both good and evil and their potential outcomes, thus you are using your fellow man as a sounding board for your own morality. like the Nike advert says.....just do it! Don't chose it

??

If not my fellow man, who should I choose yo model my morals on?

Who do you use?

Regards
DL

Yes Liar, that was Satan speaking to the perfect beings that God had created. And through that deception, as you consistently do, sin entered into man.

What "moral" sense do you have when you constantly lie, and lead others to follow Satan rather then God?

Where have I promoted such an idea?

Show the quote or be seen as the liar you are.

God confirms later in Gen 3 that man gained his moral sense.

They have become as God's etc.

Have you even read your bible? Gen 3 is a small chapter and if my poor memory can remember the drift of it, why can't yours?

Or is lying all you have?

Regards
DL

Werbung:
Who do you use?
You don't. Its an intrinsic characteristic of your own morality....as I said you just act....your innate morality or immorality dicates the type of person one is.
If all you are doing is weighing your actions against how you think you should act then you are merely acting in accordance with the constructs of the morality as defined by the society within which you exist. For example if you are a shopkeeper and you are handed too much money from a customer making a purchase do you think about keeping the extra money or do you think it is morally right; thus making you a better person to give the overpayment back? Or without though, do you just give the extra money back? By weighing the options of giving the extra payment back you are using the customer as a frame of reference to judge your own moral standing; I gave him his money back therefore I am an honest merchant.

Back