Is General Kelly the new ACTING President, leaving Trump to be the "figure head?"

Openmind

It seems that Trump's presidency was doomed from the beginning, and that the chaos that has festered in the White House since January is only getting worse as days go by.

However, there seem to (finally) be a new sherif in town, and it might be a good one. General Kelly doesn't seem to be part of the circus that surrounds Trump, and he certainly is not a clown, or a "yes man" as so many of Trump's picks.

In fact, it seems that Trump (maybe forced to do so by the GOP?) has finally found a man who will NOT take his childish behaviours, his silliness and his dangerous tweets lightly.
In all, it seems that Trump has found his boss!

Trump is a lame duck president, but MAYBE General Kelly will save his presidency, and Trump had better shut up and listen to the only smart and strong man around him!

Your thoughts?

Werbung:
Trump is a lame duck president, but MAYBE General Kelly will save his presidency,
It makes good reading huh, a Marine General used to command and control with troops that are used to be commanded and controled....but this is Washington...in the Whitehouse.... its a political appointment this is what gets me. Its politics. How much authority will he be allowed to wield and will Kushner listen to him, will trump change....

Give it a year tops.

Trump is a lame duck president, but MAYBE General Kelly will save his presidency, and Trump had better shut up and listen to the only smart and strong man around him!

It seems that a new alpha dog has indeed arrived. Following Scaramucci's departure, new Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders made it clear that Kelly would have "full authority" for the administration. Even Jared Kushner and Bannon would now have to report to Kelly, and Kelly would direct everyone's workflow.

The real question will be how long Trump sticks to that discipline. It's the best potential for an effective administration, and to unify the White House to focus on the mission rather than personal survival. Chaos breeds inefficiencies and conflict, as any military commander could well attest. If Trump allows Kelly to do his job, it might be the most effective appointment he has made within the administration. If not, no one will have to tell John Kelly to leave — he'll leave rather than enable failure.

http://theweek.com/articles/715590/rise-fall-mooch

Give it a year.....

The general will run a tighter ship as prib couldnt.
He's not got the political clout or the contacts on the hill. He's an outsider! How's he going to navigate the already shambolic legislative agenda and keep the peace in the Whitehouse?
He's a military man used to commanding men not stroking egos and playing political chess.

I will bet you a good bottle of your choice that within 1 year he has resigned not fired.... he will resign.

I think you're right. . . .The general has a tough job ahead of him, but nothing will be more difficult that to keep the clown's ego in check!

Well. . .I hope General Clark can bring some sense into the clown's head and I would already feel a lot better if I were certain that Trump is nothing more than a lame duck president acting as a diversion!

I wish all the best to the General!

He's not got the political clout or the contacts on the hill. He's an outsider! How's he going to navigate the already shambolic legislative agenda and keep the peace in the Whitehouse?
He's a military man used to commanding men not stroking egos and playing political chess.

I will bet you a good bottle of your choice that within 1 year he has resigned not fired.... he will resign.
Nope. If you're a general you are a pol. Especially if you were at the Pentagon.
You'll have to trust me on that or cede that bottle.

If you're a general you are a pol
No mate, Kelly may have piddled about at the edges on various committees but he has not been in charge of a poitical agenda and certainly not in such a shambolox of an administration.
He's got to steer Trump through the Russian thing and stop him writting any more submisions on behalf of Junior for one thing.

I know you guys hold a lot of sway with your ex-military fellas Semper Fi and gung ho and all that bollox but this is the real world not a Lassie comes home movie where the hero comes and all is well in the world. We've seen this movie before a change of personel leading to high expectations coupled with a torrent of tweets followed by a rapid return to the status quo.....SNAFU....I'll be ordering a bottle of this please...https://www.whiskyauctioneer.com/lot/000340/glen-moray-16-year-old-black-watch-tin

I wish all the best to the General!
Personally I think he's an idiot for taking the job, which leads me to wonder why he has taken the job?
Why would you employ a nobody as your Whitehouse COS one of the most political jobs in the whitehouse? Something ain't right here.... I think he's just another Trump yes man with stars on his shoulders. Looks great with the folks in the US, he pushes all the right buttons; you know the ones, tough on mexicans, loves the idea of a bloody great big wall loves Guantanamo in other words a good old fashioned hawk!!

He's been touted as bringing "discipline" to the Whitehouse..... FFS is that what the debate is about now.... notice how they are no longer even hoping for intelligent leadership...just discipline!

Personally I think he's an idiot for taking the job, which leads me to wonder why he has taken the job?
Why would you employ a nobody as your Whitehouse COS one of the most political jobs in the whitehouse? Something ain't right here.... I think he's just another Trump yes man with stars on his shoulders. Looks great with the folks in the US, he pushes all the right buttons; you know the ones, tough on mexicans, loves the idea of a bloody great big wall loves Guantanamo in other words a good old fashioned hawk!!

He's been touted as bringing "discipline" to the Whitehouse..... FFS is that what the debate is about now.... notice how they are no longer even hoping for intelligent leadership...just discipline!

Well, I do wonder why he took the job, especially since he was so angry when Trump fired Comey the way he did. I wonder if he is being forced on Trump by the RNC. . .like a "last chance to act like a big boy or you're out!" But that would be too nice!

I don't know. . .but IF Kelly is really a strong man, we should see less tweeters, fewer stupid speeches, fewer stupid decisions, OR. . .kelly will be gone within 3 months!

No mate, Kelly may have piddled about at the edges on various committees but he has not been in charge of a poitical agenda and certainly not in such a shambolox of an administration.
He's got to steer Trump through the Russian thing and stop him writting any more submisions on behalf of Junior for one thing.

I know you guys hold a lot of sway with your ex-military fellas Semper Fi and gung ho and all that bollox but this is the real world not a Lassie comes home movie where the hero comes and all is well in the world. We've seen this movie before a change of personel leading to high expectations coupled with a torrent of tweets followed by a rapid return to the status quo.....SNAFU....I'll be ordering a bottle of this please...https://www.whiskyauctioneer.com/lot/000340/glen-moray-16-year-old-black-watch-tin
You're mistaken.

You're mistaken.
hmmmm....
As public opinion polls show a decline in Trump’s approval rating, some Republican senators have sought to address difficult questions about what the president’s diminishing popularity means for his mandate by insisting that congressional Republicans, not Trump, are the ones driving the GOP agenda.

and.....
Trump, who installed John F. Kelly as his new chief of staff a day earlier, on Tuesday was noticeably tame toward fellow Republicans on Twitter. But White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders blamed the GOP-controlled Congress for the lack of major accomplishments this year.

further...
“In the tweeting life of our president, strategy is difficult to detect,” Flake writes. “Influencing the news cycles seems to be the principal goal; achieving short-term tactical advantage, you bet. But ultimately, it’s all noise and no signal. . . . We have quite enough volatile actors to deal with internationally as it is without becoming one of them.”

Flake argues that the “Faustian bargain” that conservatives made in embracing Trump has “put at risk our institutions and our values” and that “the strange specter of an American president’s seeming affection for strongmen and authoritarians . . . is almost impossible to believe.”

As a political outsider do you think that Kelly has the innate political ability to reconstitute the fractured relationship between party and executive? It seems to me that the President has now got to the existential point in his (amazingly limited) tenure and is floundering about without a clue what to do. I ask myself what is the point of having someone like Kelly as COS

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powe...56bd5568db8_story.html?utm_term=.c52c63cc764e

hmmmm....

and.....

further...

As a political outsider do you think that Kelly has the innate political ability to reconstitute the fractured relationship between party and executive? It seems to me that the President has now got to the existential point in his (amazingly limited) tenure and is floundering about without a clue what to do. I ask myself what is the point of having someone like Kelly as COS

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powe...56bd5568db8_story.html?utm_term=.c52c63cc764e
Generals are insiders. Think military indestrial complex.
Trump has been at odds with the gop establishment from the start, there is no change. Congress is trying to maintain the status quo and garnering public wrath as a result.
Kissinger make some great observations last week that Trump offers something unexpected and they need to understand that. People see what he can accomplish with no help and they like it. Economic success makes other complaints fade and they need to understand this is their cover.
Henry also points out trump is filling a leadership void obama left and that can pay huge dividends if congress embraces a new direction.
Kelly needs to get all the rowers pulling together c and he will

Trump offers something unexpected and they need to understand that
I agree, that was the writing in the tin and I hoped it would be the case! As a Brexiteer I am for leaving the mass of european political crap behind and making our own way in the world with our own trade agreements etc etc.; and hoped... hoped that the Trump fella would be good for the US and show the world that it does not have to adhere to the political globalist mantra. The unexpected is that although I knew he was just a rent collector with a big mouth and the campaign rhetoric can be taken with a barrel of salt, the unexpected was he ACTUALLY is brainless!! He hasn't got a clue. He is full of shit and that is why all of a sudden the the political elites in Europe are once again back on the front foot... they just point to Trump and the US and laugh.

I never had much time for Kissenger so tend not to listen to him but I'm sure he comes over very well.

Economic success makes other complaints fade and they need to understand this is their cover.
Everyone is having marginal annual economic success at the moment barring a few African shit holes - US is no different from the rest of the world where GDP per Capita is increasing everywhere stock markets are trending upwards everywhere so big deal. Oh and by the way do you remember Trumps rhetoric on the campaign about the "bloated" stock markets and how they were over priced and set to crash - dire warnings of Obama leading the economy into another credit crisis - now its completetly reversed...look at the stock markets booming and its all down to ME!

Kelly needs to get all the rowers pulling together c and he will
Kelly needs a new President. This ones let everyone down.

Werbung:
I agree, that was the writing in the tin and I hoped it would be the case! As a Brexiteer I am for leaving the mass of european political crap behind and making our own way in the world with our own trade agreements etc etc.; and hoped... hoped that the Trump fella would be good for the US and show the world that it does not have to adhere to the political globalist mantra. The unexpected is that although I knew he was just a rent collector with a big mouth and the campaign rhetoric can be taken with a barrel of salt, the unexpected was he ACTUALLY is brainless!! He hasn't got a clue. He is full of shit and that is why all of a sudden the the political elites in Europe are once again back on the front foot... they just point to Trump and the US and laugh.

I never had much time for Kissenger so tend not to listen to him but I'm sure he comes over very well.

Everyone is having marginal annual economic success at the moment barring a few African shit holes - US is no different from the rest of the world where GDP per Capita is increasing everywhere stock markets are trending upwards everywhere so big deal. Oh and by the way do you remember Trumps rhetoric on the campaign about the "bloated" stock markets and how they were over priced and set to crash - dire warnings of Obama leading the economy into another credit crisis - now its completetly reversed...look at the stock markets booming and its all down to ME!

Kelly needs a new President. This ones let everyone down.
US gdp is trending up now
EU already was, yet another bo failure.
Because we are finally recovering you boys boats are lifting.
Kissinger has his problems but he's a smart guy. And he knows smart when he sees it.

Back