1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Is Gaza Really an "Occupied" Territory

Discussion in 'Middle Eastern Politics' started by BigRob, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Texas_tea

Texas_tea Well-Known Member

Yes, this is true.

I have commented before that the Palestinians will continue to suffer at the hands of these islamist until they themselves evolve enough as a people to see who the real enemy is.

2. Aus22

Aus22 Well-Known Member

Both sides are brainwash, Even Israeli children.

3. Iolo2

Iolo2 Member

Like French or Yugoslav children in the War, who hated being murdered by Nazi scumbags, doubtless. How DO you creatures even look in a mirror, covered in blood as you are?

4. Centrehalf

Centrehalf Active Member

I know some time has passed so I have the benefit of hindsight but I have to ask you if after seeing how this shook out if you want to change your opinion?

Your friend may not have been able to answer but my answer is a question...Who exactly is denying whose right to exist? Who has always relied on America to block any meaningful international recognition of "Palestinians"?...yes I put it in quotes.

Do you not see what Israel did to the Gaza Strip earlier this year as a reprisal? If that wasn't a reprisal then I don't know what is. This is critical because reprisals are illegal according to international law. It's a violation of Geneva 4.

You're right about occupation. What Israel is doing to Gaza is not an occupation by any definition I've ever seen but it is a quarantine.

One last question...how exactly did Israel identify targets in the Gaza Strip?

5. Iolo2

Iolo2 Member

As is obvious, Gaza is a death camp waiting to get properly started, like the German camps before the War; the 'Israeli' Nazis can't get away with it yet, that's all.

6. Cruella

Cruella Well-Known Member

Just think how great the Palestinian land would be today, if they hadn't spent the last sixty plus years trying to kill the Israelis and poising the minds of their populace.

7. Iolo2

Iolo2 Member

Aye - all the Palestinians dead, instead of just 2.000 murdered children!

8. Aus22

Aus22 Well-Known Member

If Palestinians are not occupied why do Jews invade the mosque.

9. Aus22

Aus22 Well-Known Member

Now some Arab fanatics have attack a synagogue. This is wrong, most sides should respect each other's holy places

Walter likes this.
  10. Iolo2

Iolo2 Member

Don't ever ask why it is happening - someone might tell you and spoil your blissful ignorance.

11. remnant

remnant Member

There are some situations which look dissimilar but have a common essence. Israel unilaterally withdrew from Gaza based on its own interests however noble the action was. It didn't grant independence to Gaza. They also maintain a punitive blockade which is an indirect form of occupation. The threat of military invasion hangs over Gaza like the sword of Damocles. I think it is unfair to hide behind legalisms as to what law occupation or the threat of it states.