Is feminism getting misandric?

I just looked at the title of this thread again. It's kind of interesting that men with strong critical opinions of women aren't usually labled misogynistic. We wait until there's some serious manifestaion of hatred before doing that. Just something to consider.

I struggle to see where this comment fits in with the rest of the thread...oh hang on, the title. In my experience, men are generally labelled chauvinistic and to a lesser extent misogynistic, and unfortunately I would have to say that in many cases this is justified. The general problem as I understand it is overgeneralisation on all sides here. I do not want to see this becoming some kind of battle of the sexes (nor would most other people here).

Werbung:
If anyone has seen this sort of behavior regarding the other sex (men being misogynistic) please post a thread in this forum.

i guess overall i don't see hatred of men as a major issue in society. I am not defending the posts here per say but I think comparitivly speaking they are such a small protion of the population I do not see the need to focus on them. Men overall do have more power then women.

I see most of the posts on this site as labeling men as idiots, assholes, scumbags, etc... I hardly consider these worthy opinions. You cannot reason with the majority of the women on that site. Their hatred of men run so deep that men will never be able to get a word in edge wise.

I see most of the posts on this site as labeling men as idiots, assholes, scumbags, etc... I hardly consider these worthy opinions. You cannot reason with the majority of the women on that site. Their hatred of men run so deep that men will never be able to get a word in edge wise.

I searched the 10 entries on the front page and the comments attached to each. I found one reference to an idiot and that was about a woman. There was one reference to assholes and that was about people engaged in criminal activity who, yes, would most likely be men. There was also a reference to people with heads up their asses, meaning people who don't see their point of view and that includes men and women. In fact, some of the harshest criticism in the blog is for women with different political beliefs.

This is a blog about politics and the writer and readers don't much care for people who don't agree with their politics, male or female. I didn't see the examples you cited of disrespect toward men but I don't doubt they're there. But you need to understand that they're just as disrespectful toward some women. These are angry women and they're not afraid to say so. Good for them.

There's no reason people shouldn't disagree with their politics. Folks just need to be sure it's their politics they disagree with and not their own emotions talking. This is a forum, i.e., a marketplace of ideas. Wouldn't it be better to discuss what causes their anger rather than people's reactions to it?

There's no reason people shouldn't disagree with their politics. Folks just need to be sure it's their politics they disagree with and not their own emotions talking. This is a forum, i.e., a marketplace of ideas. Wouldn't it be better to discuss what causes their anger rather than people's reactions to it?

Yes. Much credit to you for saying that.

Werbung:
The line between emotion and political oppinion needs to be drawn, and I think some of these people have trouble keeping the line intact.

Back