IRS apologizes for targeting conservative groups

Richard Nixon was impeached for making the IRS go after his political opponents.

(cue the liberals whiners who will point out Nixon wasn't impeached... since he got out of town just ahead of the posse)

But today, when Obama does the same thing, all the IRS has to do is say "Oops, I'm sorry", and that makes it all better.

I may be wrong about this, and if so, I'm sure someone will tell me so. My recollection is that Nixon suggested on tape that the IRS could be used to go after opponents. However, no action was ever taken to do so. Nixon's suggestion alone was sufficient to be included as one of the counts of the indictment in his planned impeachment.

Werbung:
anyone recall the OWS groups whining about the IRS ? no I didnt think so.

the local TEA Party group was getting the business since 2009 and not just from the IRS but right on down to local govt.

I think every one got the memo.

I may be wrong about this, and if so, I'm sure someone will tell me so. My recollection is that Nixon suggested on tape that the IRS could be used to go after opponents. However, no action was ever taken to do so. Nixon's suggestion alone was sufficient to be included as one of the counts of the indictment in his planned impeachment.

Bush appointed Douglas Shulman to be incharge of this area of taxation just before he left office in 2008. Shulman also testified last year that the IRS had no policy to do this to conservative groups. Then he steps down an goes off to work at the Brookings Institute.....At the same time that Cass Sunstein went to Brookings.

Things that make you go hmmm, hmmm, hmmm.

This was from Salon, hardly a right wing website

Cass Sunstein has long been one of Barack Obama’s closest confidants. Often mentioned as a likely Obama nominee to the Supreme Court, Sunstein is currently Obama’s head of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs where, among other things, he is responsible for “overseeing policies relating to privacy, information quality, and statistical programs.” In 2008, while at Harvard Law School, Sunstein co-wrote a truly pernicious paper proposing that the U.S. Government employ teams of covert agents and pseudo-”independent” advocates to “cognitively infiltrate” online groups and websites — as well as other activist groups — which advocate views that Sunstein deems “false conspiracy theories” about the Government.

http://www.salon.com/2010/01/15/sunstein_2/

Here some some of the request the IRS were demanding of Bo's political opponents:

ScreenSnapz002.jpg

Obviously, this had nothing to do with taxes and everything to do with extorting information from political opponents in an effort to stop them!

Will this illegal regime be held accountable?

Here some some of the request the IRS were demanding of Bo's political opponents:

ScreenSnapz002.jpg

Obviously, this had nothing to do with taxes and everything to do with extorting information from political opponents in an effort to stop them!

Will this illegal regime be held accountable?

TT, thanks for posting the above. I wasn't aware of the specific requests that were made. The list is a classic example of "witch hunting".

What they were really after is their donor list, so they could intimidate those people.

This is an article linking to a letter from Issa regarding some of the things the IRS was asking for and not entitled to. They are listed on page 3, item #7 of Issa's PDF file.

a 2011 letter from Rep. Darrell Issa and Rep. Jim Jordan laid out 16 areas of the Tea Party questionnaires that seemed to overreach. Here they are.

Apparently they were targeting groups who sought to bring integrity back to our voting system and groups opposing Obamacare as well!

This is bigger than we know. There was an orchestrated effort (still is) to disparage conservatives. Remember Janet Napolitano's list of enemies of the state? They were right wing groups, survivalists, anti-gun control, anti-same sex marriage, prolife groups, etc. Even returning military were on that hate list.

Nice.....The IRS gives private conservative information to Obama's boss and financier, George Soros.

Progressive Group: IRS Gave Us Conservative Groups' Confidential Docs

Mafia Princess sees way to make lemonade out of the IRS lemons

Pelosi: IRS Scandal "An Opportunity" To Scrutinize 501(c)(4)s And "Overturn Citizens United"

the audacity of insane...

this cow and her party of criminals should be going to federal prison and she thinks they have assumed a position of power ?

whole lotta LSD still rolling around wher that brain used to be.

Werbung:
Drudge editor Joseph Curl: ‘CIA source says still one more shoe to drop’ for Obama admin

joseph curl@josephcurl
FYI: CIA source says still one more shoe to drop. Yes, four shoes. Dead ambassador, tapped phones, IRS probes. Will it be worse? Can it be?!

MATT DRUDGE @DRUDGE
Would nation have the courage to remove its first black president IF proved he is corrupt?
4:39 AM - 14 May 2013

Curiouser and curiouser
So....could the CIA be behind all of this?

possibly. or perhaps a large five sided building. there is still honor in DC if increasingly rare.

Back