Iraqis cannot forget what Americans have done here’

Well how about that? We agree on something.

Nonintervention is the policy America should follow. Unfortunately we have fools in charge, who love intervention. They include Neocons, statists, and Progressives.

Yet I am willing to bet had your country's interventions been to the benefit of the USA, you wouldn't be uttering such shit up there. You mewl against statists only because your country has failed in every intervention.

Werbung:
You make a good point. The Cold War was somewhat effective at keeping the US focused on containing the US military ventures around the world. That's not to say the perfectly US was content to stay at home and mind its own business. About 225 Marines were killed in Lebanon when the US stuck it's nose into the Lebanese Civil War (1983). But US military actions were more discrete during the Cold War; helping Israel, multiple covert CIA operations in Latin America, and Afghanistan.

Now the US is the only super-power, we love to send troops everywhere acting as policemen to the world.

I hate it! Why can't we just stay at home and mind our own business?

US activities in Lebanon were irrelevant to the Soviet Union. There was no gain factor for them in that civil war. The sole reason for existence of the Soviet Union was worldwide communism. Lebanon was too small, too irrelevant for them. They had bigger chickens to fry.
The USA helped Israel as a means of non-direct confrontation with the Soviet Union, and as a testing ground for new military hardware. Remember, the JEWS control the USA. Do not believe me? Check the names of those in the corridors of power. By far the most-powerful lobby group in the USA? The Jewish lobby. No one else even comes close. It was a case of Israel (USA) vs. the Arab states (Soviet Union). Problem is, the US sent their best equipment to the Israelis. The Soviets did NOT send their best equipment to the Arabs. They were simply too paranoid to do so, lest their technology fall into Western hands, and learn possible weaknesses. It was the same USA vs Soviet Union game in Latin America and Afghanistan.
What have you Americans done about Chavez? I love the man. He has consistently thumbed his nose at you Americans. That alone makes him my hero.

You seem to have forgotten that the usa saw to it that the ussr mind uts business and quit afghanistan. Among others.

The USA did no such thing. The USSR was all over the world, spreading its goal of world communism. That was the only reason the Soviet Union existed. The USA had nothing to do with the Soviet Union quitting Afghanistan. It was the collapse of the Soviet Union itself that caused them to quit. Soviet soldiers fighting in Afghanistan had not been paid in years. There was simply no more money. The last time I checked, you Americans are running into similar difficulties, borrowing like mad to pay for your Afghanistan/Iraq adventures which have set your country into horrid debt. The USSR spent far, far more than the USA for their own adventures spreading communism around the world. You don't think those anti-nuke activists from the past came out of nowhere and acted on their own beliefs, do you? Never read about the declassified KGB archives which showed such groups were actually the creation of the KGB??

The USA did no such thing. The USSR was all over the world, spreading its goal of world communism. That was the only reason the Soviet Union existed. The USA had nothing to do with the Soviet Union quitting Afghanistan. It was the collapse of the Soviet Union itself that caused them to quit. Soviet soldiers fighting in Afghanistan had not been paid in years. There was simply no more money. The last time I checked, you Americans are running into similar difficulties, borrowing like mad to pay for your Afghanistan/Iraq adventures which have set your country into horrid debt. The USSR spent far, far more than the USA for their own adventures spreading communism around the world. You don't think those anti-nuke activists from the past came out of nowhere and acted on their own beliefs, do you? Never read about the declassified KGB archives which showed such groups were actually the creation of the KGB??

Well, I am not inclined to refute your understanding of the history of Afghanistan. However, I suggest you factor in this information from Wikipedia:

The supplying of billions of dollars in arms to the Afghan mujahideen militants was one of the CIA's longest and most expensive covert operations.[110] The CIA provided assistance to the fundamentalist insurgents through the Pakistani secret services, Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), in a program called Operation Cyclone. At least 3 billion in U.S. dollars were funneled into the country to train and equip troops with weapons. Together with similar programs by Saudi Arabia, Britain's MI6 and SAS, Egypt, Iran, and the People's Republic of China,[6] the arms included Stinger missiles, shoulder-fired, antiaircraft weapons that they used against Soviet helicopters. Pakistan's secret service, Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), was used as an intermediary for most of these activities to disguise the sources of support for the resistance.
I was in Afghanistan in 1971. It is the most barren, ugly and backwards country on the face of the earth. Other than to stop al-Qaeda, I cannot why any country would want to conquer, assist, or even affiliate with Afghanistan.

Yet I am willing to bet had your country's interventions been to the benefit of the USA, you wouldn't be uttering such shit up there. You mewl against statists only because your country has failed in every intervention.

You apparently have not paid attention to my over 5,000 posts, many of which have promoted nonintervention. But I suspect it would not matter.

Well, I am not inclined to refute your understanding of the history of Afghanistan. However, I suggest you factor in this information from Wikipedia:

The supplying of billions of dollars in arms to the Afghan mujahideen militants was one of the CIA's longest and most expensive covert operations.[110] The CIA provided assistance to the fundamentalist insurgents through the Pakistani secret services, Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), in a program called Operation Cyclone. At least 3 billion in U.S. dollars were funneled into the country to train and equip troops with weapons. Together with similar programs by Saudi Arabia, Britain's MI6 and SAS, Egypt, Iran, and the People's Republic of China,[6] the arms included Stinger missiles, shoulder-fired, antiaircraft weapons that they used against Soviet helicopters. Pakistan's secret service, Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), was used as an intermediary for most of these activities to disguise the sources of support for the resistance.
I was in Afghanistan in 1971. It is the most barren, ugly and backwards country on the face of the earth. Other than to stop al-Qaeda, I cannot why any country would want to conquer, assist, or even affiliate with Afghanistan.

the reason was to bleed ussr dry as it did to hitler. worked pretty well and cheap given the geography advantage

I do not deny any of the above, but I merely point out that your $3billion US was a pittance in comparison to what the Soviets spent for their Afghanistan adventure. You need to remember the Soviets were active all over the world in their plan to spread world communism. The Soviets were a nation with more tanks THAN THE REST OF THE WORLD COMBINED! Such were their military expenditures. The USA is only now getting some idea as to the colossal expenditures by the Soviets, which eventually led to their collapse. IF the USA keeps on going the way they are, they too will collapse.
As for my understanding of Afghani history, I know it very well. My family is of British descent, and no one did more dealing with the Afghanis than the British.

the reason was to bleed ussr dry as it did to hitler. worked pretty well and cheap given the geography advantage

Hitler was bled dry by an entire world arrayed against him. The two do not compare. Those Stingers were the only thing capable of taking down the Hinds which were turning Afghani Mujahadeen into dogmeat. The Mujahadeen spent the majority of their time in hiding, until receiving advanced weaponry from the West.

You apparently have not paid attention to my over 5,000 posts, many of which have promoted nonintervention. But I suspect it would not matter.

And you fail to understand my point. You only promote non-intervention because you Americans keep getting your asses handed to you. I am rather certain if not for that ass-handing, you would be PROMOTING such intervention.

Geopolitics and strategy are not your strong suits, are they? Go to a world atlas, and look at Afghanistan's location, I mean really look at it. Ask yourself why so many countries have invaded that country. As my family is British by ancestry, I understand COMPLETELY its strategic significance. You are American, which is why you have no clue as to its importance.

Hitler was bled dry by an entire world arrayed against him. The two do not compare. Those Stingers were the only thing capable of taking down the Hinds which were turning Afghani Mujahadeen into dogmeat. The Mujahadeen spent the majority of their time in hiding, until receiving advanced weaponry from the West.

thats so funny ! did your dad tell you that too ?

Geopolitics and strategy are not your strong suits, are they? Go to a world atlas, and look at Afghanistan's location, I mean really look at it. Ask yourself why so many countries have invaded that country. As my family is British by ancestry, I understand COMPLETELY its strategic significance. You are American, which is why you have no clue as to its importance.

I give up. Tell me why Afghanistan has such strategic significance in the modern era. And don't give me any of that Silk Road shit.

You tell us why..and then I will correct you...

Werbung:
Iraq. A million people killed and the country in a state of anarchy

Well done US

You have managed to do more harm to the Iraqis than Saddam did

Oh , sorry, I forgot. Your murder is noble isn't it?

Back