Iran warnes US to not return carrier to Persian Gulf

Werbung:
That is the question you asked me:

"do you believe a full all out war in the middle east will?..." - Pocket

The tone of your question suggested that you did not believe military action could prevent Iran from getting a nuclear weapon. You've now made it clear you believe military action does have the capability of preventing Iran from getting a nuclear weapon. I agree. However, I think you're just barely scratching the surface in regards to the negative impact of war with Iran. For me, it's a question of which is worse... Iran getting, and possibly using, nuclear weapons... or the total economic and strategic collapse of America. Stopping the first will bring about the second, preventing the second will allow the first, which outcome you consider worse is entirely one's own personal opinion.

I would consider any number greater than zero to be too many... The purpose of the US military is to protect the United States and the citizens thereof. Now you answer that question: How many dead American troops are you willing to sacrifice for the security of Israel?

easy , zero...I could care less about Israel.

dude if there are US Navy ships ie a carrier group anywhere, they're packing the hit heat.

US Navy surface vessels no longer carry nuclear weapons. Submarines in the are area would be the only ships with them. So unless the group includes submarines (which is not always the case) their won't be any nuclear presence.

Attacking Lybia without congressonal approval is grounds for impeachment. Just wait til the GOP wins in November. If Obama gets Re-elected republicans will file impeachment proceedings.

This is a bold claim, and I am not sure what exactly it is based on outside of the notion "spending more money will collapse the United States".
Fair enough... Lets all discuss the negative impacts considered likely to result from the US going to war with Iran, the interactions they would have on our current economic, fiscal, and military situation, and see what conclusions can be drawn. Sound reasonable?

Fair enough... Lets all discuss the negative impacts considered likely to result from the US going to war with Iran, the interactions they would have on our current economic, fiscal, and military situation, and see what conclusions can be drawn. Sound reasonable?

Yes..but we need to be careful. How are you defining a "war"? Are you envisioning a sustained ground campaign, or a few air raids?

But, I am happy to talk about the negative ramifications of the use of force in this scenario.

How are you defining a "war"?
The same way we have defined our current wars in Iraq and Afghanistan; we destroy their entire military within a month or two, affect regime change, then hang around for at least a decade to do some good old fashioned nation building. That is the standard we've set so that's the standard by which I'm basing my judgements. Now if you have some credible evidence that would convince me otherwise, then I would revise my judgements based on the new information.

Werbung:
its funny, you think they actuly have to move anything into those areas...they are there..and they have many ways to get more there...But yes we will stop them...just like we stop arms from getting for Shia militias in Iraq and stop the Taliban from getting more arms, and stoped the VeitCong from getting arms from China and RUssia....

wishful hopeful thinking will lead to more Dead American troops and a Crushed US Econ. ...even if we win.
Iran is stronger now that the USA gave Iraq a Shia government, However it has at most one atomic bomb. This could harm Israel but not the USA. It is more like to use against its Sunnie rivals. It would be best that the West keep out of this civil war.

Back