Iran warnes US to not return carrier to Persian Gulf

The smart money is on Israel attacking Iran just before the US presidential election

This would force Obama to join in or appear weak

Ditto for the posturing of the retardlican candidates although I am pretty sure I can guess which way those lunatics would go

Werbung:
I have not really had time to respond Gen -- I will give you a good response soon however.

The USA, Israel, and the EU should leave Iran alone.

If we want to know who is the aggressor here it is clearly the US government. The insane politicians of the US government, both Democrat and Republican, want the USA to become some new Roman Empire. You can see the results of this idiotic policy in Iraq and Afghanistan.

If the politicians, both Democrat and Republican, want to have a war in Iran why don't they go and fight the war themselves? These politicians, both Democrat and Republican, love to send young American men to die and fight for them. And no doubt this helps the war profiteers to become very rich.

Our country is practically bankrupt from all these wars. But yet the politicians and their friends the war profiteers want more war. Maybe what we should do is put George Bush, Barack Obama, the war profiteers, and all the politicians who voted for these wars on trial as war criminals.

If we want to know who is the aggressor here it is clearly the US government. The insane politicians of the US government, both Democrat and Republican, want the USA to become some new Roman Empire. You can see the results of this idiotic policy in Iraq and Afghanistan.

If the politicians, both Democrat and Republican, want to have a war in Iran why don't they go and fight the war
themselves? These politicians, both Democrat and Republican, love to send young American men to die and fight for them. And no doubt this helps the war profiteers to become very rich.

Our country is practically bankrupt from all these wars. But yet the politicians and their friends the war profiteers want more war. Maybe what we should do is put George Bush, Barack Obama, the war profiteers, and all the politicians who voted for these wars on trial as war criminals.

What asinine commentary. The wars bankrupted us? What is the price tag for the war? Then compare it to the price tag for various social programs. The wars did not bankrupt us anymore than those did.

As for trying someone for a war crime -- present your case as to why exactly they are war criminals.

What asinine commentary. The wars bankrupted us? What is the price tag for the war? Then compare it to the price tag for various social programs. The wars did not bankrupt us anymore than those did.

As for trying someone for a war crime -- present your case as to why exactly they are war criminals.

Hey Big Rob, whats with the wonderful attitude lately?

But you must remember, libs have been told by their media ad naseum that BUSH's wars bankrupted America. It is of course completely untrue and ASININE, as is much of what the lib media pronounces EVERY STINKING day. And, libs dutifully believe the lies. This is why most of them are completely uninformed.

It is very easy to determine what was spent on wars and what was spent on social programs the past 10 years. All of us capable of thinking, know the social costs far exceeded war costs.

BigRob, et al,

I may not agree, entirely, with "WolfLarsen's" comment; but to deny the cost of wars and military conflicts is a bit unreasonable. It is much like the "Ostrich Effect" (the general avoidance of obvious risk in political-military situations by pretending they do not exist). While it gives a warm and fuzzy feeling, it has a price and consequences.

As for trying someone for a war crime -- present your case as to why exactly they are war criminals.​

(COMMENT)

Wars (military conflicts, preparations, and logistical efforts) cost money. And that money is only a piece of the cost (excluding the issue of lives). Iraq and Afghanistan, indeed most of the hegemonic effort in the Middle East, was borrowed money with interest, over and above general tax revenue. And it was not a capital investment. They is absolutely no reasonable expectation of a return. While the infrastructure in America constantly grows weaker, and budget outlays are diverted from homeland improvements, the economy becomes circulates less cash domestically, the ability of Americans to pay taxes supporting armed military adventures, becomes more and more difficult.

These wars are drains to the taxpayer for which there is no replenishment. And we are not talking about a couple of million dollars, or even a couple of billion dollars. We are talking about a factor of a 100 times more (a Trillion Dollars); the US federal debt is about $10 Trillion Dollars (Gross National Debt is about $14 Trillion).

All right-thinking people agree: America’s infrastructure is in bad shape. The only debate is over how bad. Is our infrastructure “increasingly third-world” — per Slate’s Jacob Weisberg— or a “national disgrace” and “global embarrassment” — as Barry Ritholtz suggested in a recent column for The Post?
Data seem to support this gloomy conventional wisdom. In the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) latest Global Competitiveness Report, the United States’ infrastructure ranked 23rd, behind that of Malaysia and Barbados. Barbados!
America's Infrastructure GPA: D
Estimated 5 Year Investment Need: $2.2 Trillion
The cost is there. We just don't look at it.

Most Respectfully,
R

BigRob, et al,

I may not agree, entirely, with "WolfLarsen's" comment; but to deny the cost of wars and military conflicts is a bit unreasonable.

I denied no such thing -- I denied the absurd assertion that wars "practically bankrupteded us."

Wars (military conflicts, preparations, and logistical efforts) cost money. And that money is only a piece of the cost (excluding the issue of lives). Iraq and Afghanistan, indeed most of the hegemonic effort in the Middle East, was borrowed money with interest, over and above general tax revenue. And it was not a capital investment. They is absolutely no reasonable expectation of a return. While the infrastructure in America constantly grows weaker, and budget outlays are diverted from homeland improvements, the economy becomes circulates less cash domestically, the ability of Americans to pay taxes supporting armed military adventures, becomes more and more difficult.

These wars are drains to the taxpayer for which there is no replenishment. And we are not talking about a couple of million dollars, or even a couple of billion dollars. We are talking about a factor of a 100 times more (a Trillion Dollars); the US federal debt is about $10 Trillion Dollars (Gross National Debt is about $14 Trillion).

The cost is there. We just don't look at it.

It is simply parroting the tired rhetoric of Obama:

From a previous State of the Union:
"We had a one-year deficit of over $1 trillion and projected deficits of $8 trillion over the next decade. Most of this was the result of not paying for two wars, two tax cuts, and an expensive prescription drug program." - President Obama.

The problem, of course, is that his entire argument is arbitrary -- and he simply picks programs he doesn't like, blames them for our financial problems and ignore ones he does like.

From the WSJ:
"First, the wars, tax cuts and the prescription drug program were implemented in the early 2000s, yet by 2007 the deficit stood at only $161 billion. How could these stable policies have suddenly caused trillion-dollar deficits beginning in 2009? (Obviously what happened was collapsing revenues from the recession along with stimulus spending.)

Second, the president's $8 trillion figure minimizes the problem. Recent CBO data indicate a 10-year baseline deficit closer to $13 trillion if Washington maintains today's tax-and-spend policies—whereby discretionary spending grows with the economy, war spending winds down, ObamaCare is implemented, and Congress extends all the Bush tax cuts, the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) patch, and the Medicare "doc fix" (i.e., no reimbursement cuts).

Under this realistic baseline, the 10-year cost of extending the Bush tax cuts ($3.2 trillion), the Medicare drug entitlement ($1 trillion), and Iraq and Afghanistan spending ($515 billion) add up to $4.7 trillion. That's approximately one-third of the $13 trillion in baseline deficits—far from the majority the president claims.

Third and most importantly, the White House methodology is arbitrary. With Washington set to tax $33 trillion and spend $46 trillion over the next decade, how does one determine which policies "caused" the $13 trillion deficit? Mr. Obama could have just as easily singled out Social Security ($9.2 trillion over 10 years), antipoverty programs ($7 trillion), other Medicare spending ($5.4 trillion), net interest on the debt ($6.1 trillion), or nondefense discretionary spending ($7.5 trillion).

There's no legitimate reason to single out the $4.7 trillion in tax cuts, war funding and the Medicare drug entitlement. A better methodology would focus on which programs are expanding and pushing the next decade's deficit up."

As summed up by the article:
"Entitlements and other obligations are driving the deficits. Specifically, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and net interest costs are projected to rise by 5.4% of GDP between 2008 and 2020." Even if we did not go to war -- we would be looking at trillion dollar deficits and skyrocketing debt -- it simply does not add up to argue the wars are the cause.

If the politicians, both Democrat and Republican, want to have a war in Iran why don't they go and fight the war themselves? These politicians, both Democrat and Republican, love to send young American men to die and fight for them. And no doubt this helps the war profiteers to become very rich.

Oh, yes yes. I agree totally. There is no such thing as Islamist terrorism.

BigRob, et al,

To an extend I agree.

I denied no such thing -- I denied the absurd assertion that wars "practically bankrupteded us."

(COMMENT)

We are not bankrupt (agreed!). But we have damaged the economy.

As summed up by the article:
"Entitlements and other obligations are driving the deficits. Specifically, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and net interest costs are projected to rise by 5.4% of GDP between 2008 and 2020." Even if we did not go to war -- we would be looking at trillion dollar deficits and skyrocketing debt -- it simply does not add up to argue the wars are the cause.

(COMMENT)

You are, in my estimation, correct in that the War costs are not the problem, but a contributing factor. The part that is often missed in these discussion is that a vast majority of domestic spending programs recirculates into the local economy. A vast majority of War costs, nation building, foreign aid and military support do not.

The US is not going to derive any added protection or political support, commerce or industry from either Iran or Afghanistan --- and if it comes to it Iran. We derive absolutely nothing as a return on our investment. In fact, our intervention in the Region has raised the cost of living.

Now do I suggest that these Middle East/Persian Gulf interventions drove the US into bankruptcy? No. But these wars diverted our attention from rebuilding America -- and that means jobs. Jobs means more revenue. And an improved infrastructure mean a more competitive America in the market place. Remember, we are the nation that went from putting a man on the moon - to having our astronauts hitchhiking into space (with all that implies in our development of commercially exploitable technologies and our ability to teach and groom the next generation of scientists). These wars are a contributing factor that has cost America more than just dollars.

Are the Wars the only cause. Hell no! But they are a significant contributing factor in the decline of America, its prestige, and its economic strength.

Most Respectfully,
R

Our country is not what it was. Anyone with two eyes can see that. Other posters have pointed out how the infrastructure of our country is falling apart. Many of the public schools on our nation are starved for funds. State and city governments in many cases do not have money for basic services.
There are those who wish to cut back or eliminate things like Social Security to pay for this war machine. I'd rather have Social Security than a big war machine that gets us involved in one bloody conflict after another where endless mountains of innocent civilians die.
And what about all the injured veterans who have been abandoned by our government? Veterans who because of their injuries nobody wants to hire and yet the government does not give them the benefits they are entitled to. Perhaps some of these veterans commit suicide because they have no way to survive the long wait of years before they're finally approved for the benefits that will keep them alive. I think it's disgusting the way our government is treating many injured veterans. Instead of getting the benefits they need they often get endless amounts of red tape.
The war profiteers love all these wars. Most of the American people are sick of these wars. All these wars are like a giant cancer on our nation.
I watched our country fall so far from where it used to be. And why is our country falling? In part because of all these wars that the politicians of both political parties have gotten us into!
Most of the American people in a recent poll said that every single Congressman should be thrown out on the street in the next election. No doubt, most of the American people have noticed our decline. And while endless war might not be the only reason, it is certainly a contributing factor as other posters have pointed out.
And now the politicians want to get us in a war with Iran. Let's draft the politicians and war profiteers to go fight the war then.

Our country is not what it was. Anyone with two eyes can see that.

What is it that we were and are no longer?

Other posters have pointed out how the infrastructure of our country is falling apart.

A problem that existed before the war and would exist despite the war.

Many of the public schools on our nation are starved for funds.

State and city governments in many cases do not have money for basic services.

There are those who wish to cut back or eliminate things like Social Security to pay for this war machine.

False. There are those who wish to cut back on Social Security because it is bankrupted and we will pay in our whole lives to get a negative return on investment.

I'd rather have Social Security than a big war machine that gets us involved in one bloody conflict after another where endless mountains of innocent civilians die.

You lost a ton of credibility with the "endless mountains of innocent civilians die" comment.

And what about all the injured veterans who have been abandoned by our government? Veterans who because of their injuries nobody wants to hire and yet the government does not give them the benefits they are entitled to. Perhaps some of these veterans commit suicide because they have no way to survive the long wait of years before they're finally
approved for the benefits that will keep them alive. I think it's disgusting the way our government is treating many injured veterans. Instead of getting the benefits they need they often get endless amounts of red tape.

Welcome to a government run social program.

The war profiteers love all these wars. Most of the American people are sick of these wars. All these wars are like a giant cancer on our nation.

There is nothing wrong with a company making money selling weapons, supplies etc -- you above seem to want to advocate for soldiers, would you now deny them the best equipment we can get?

I watched our country fall so far from where it used to be. And why is our country falling? In part because of all these
wars that the politicians of both political parties have gotten us into!

In small part in my estimation after looking the CBO data.

Most of the American people in a recent poll said that every single Congressman should be thrown out on the street in the next election. No doubt, most of the American people have noticed our decline. And while endless war might not be the only reason, it is certainly a contributing factor as other posters have pointed out.

And those same polls show that people think their Congressman is doing an ok job. With all these polls on how everyone needs to be replaced, it is amazing how few actually are.

And now the politicians want to get us in a war with Iran. Let's draft the politicians and war profiteers to go fight the war then.

This is actually a very hotly contested issue, and to argue it is settled is to be disingenuous.

What is it that we were and are no longer?

False. There are those who wish to cut back on Social Security because it is bankrupted and we will pay in our whole lives to get a negative return on investment.

You lost a ton of credibility with the "endless mountains of innocent civilians die" comment.

Welcome to a government run social program.

There is nothing wrong with a company making money selling weapons, supplies etc -- you above seem to want to advocate for soldiers, would you now deny them the best equipment we can get?

In small part in my estimation after looking the CBO data.

And those same polls show that people think their Congressman is doing an ok job. With all these polls on how everyone needs to be replaced, it is amazing how few actually are.

This is actually a very hotly contested issue, and to argue it is settled is to be disingenuous.

I am not an American so can not say much about your economy and Politicians. However my wife went there last year and saw much poverty.
I can say the USA would be mad to get into a war with Iran, Wars do not earn any income or assets these days. Whatever the USA gain by wars in the Middle East will soon be lost. They just cost money that the USA can not afford.

Werbung:
I am not an American so can not say much about your economy and Politicians. However my wife went there last year and saw much poverty.
I can say the USA would be mad to get into a war with Iran, Wars do not earn any income or assets these days. Whatever the USA gain by wars in the Middle East will soon be lost. They just cost money that the USA can not afford.

they have declared war on us and our allies. its not always a matter of choice.

Back