Introducing a misanthrope.

The Misanthrope

Greetings.

I am here to debate issues, relax, and chat about recreational activites, and have fun (much like what most other people do here, I hope) and to get rid of that welcome message at the top of the screen.

Future warning:

I judge all issues on a case by case basis and I reserve the right to change my opinions at a later date for whatever reason, so do not go looking for a consistent political and social opinions and try to pigeonhole me into being liberal or conservative.

My opinions on some matters are bound to seem very cold, flippant, misguided, and brazen to you. My suggestion is to not to let your emotions get in the way of rationally addressing my arguments or prevent you from seeing the validity of my own. The second I see you using a "you are ignorant/dumb/don't know anything" without any explanation as to why is the second I put you on ignore (since that tells me you are more inclined to make fun of me than resolve any confusion on my end or yours). I would much rather avoid doing that, given the number of posers on the forum in proportion to the amount of posts on this forum.

I consider politics an extraneous activity, something people engage in for their own ambitions and for their own amusement after they have all their basic needs (shelter, food, water, family, job) settled. As such, I am very willing to utterly ignore ideological differences, be jovial with others over fun and amusing things unless I sense you have a grudge against me.

Never construe anything I say as a desire to force a system of government or modernity on others unless I explicitly say otherwise. Even then, keep in mind that I am more inclined to avoid the mass of humanity in question than attempt to interfere with their life (see username) and that all of my arguments are purely hypothetical and theoretical (I could not care less if they were actually put into action or not).

I can be picky, uptight, paranoid, and a little depressing at times. As such, I will sometimes have a difficult time expressing my thoughts completely and coherently (what seems obvious in my mind may not in yours, that is sometimes the problem), so always give me the time and oppurtunity to explain myself.

Keep these things in mind when you address me and we will get along swimmingly.

I will hold off on posting for a few days in the general forum so this can sink into the community here, so to speak.

Werbung:
Hi there, I hope you enjoy the forums. I am sure your view points will be discussed as much as you want to post. I will see you around. If you have any questions about things, contact one of the moderators.

Back