1. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

If state provided healthcare is so bad....

Discussion in 'World Politics' started by Dawkinsrocks, Feb 10, 2012.

1. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

I figured out what you intended -- it was just absurd.

That is true -- someone making $100,000 a year does not pay taxes on their first X amount of income. My complaint is that I am being forced to subsidize the lives of those pay no taxes, and yet get rebate checks and tax benefits in return.

Are you saying that income inequality is on the rise because the rich take money from the poor? Where is the evidence? I could just as easily claim that income inequality is rising as government expands.

Why did the "government have to do it" exactly?

Why in the world should I be forced to pay for someone else's house?

2. Dawkinsrocks

Dawkinsrocks Well-Known Member

Number one for health spending

Number 37 for quality

Not only is your system internationally recognised as one that is immoral

It is also very expensive and shit

3. Dawkinsrocks

And plenty of people can't afford health insurance

Go and watch that link I posted under 'this is america' and see what your Christian country does to its own citizens

The US is retarded

4. Openmind

Openmind Well-Known Member

If you do not know why someone who has so much money that he doesn't know what to do with it should help others who do not have the same chances to be born in a family who has passed inheritance money from generation to generations, taking advantage of all the tax breaks and loopholes for the wealthy that have been made into laws by the same group of elite people over generations. . .and you are a Christian. . .I have nothing more to explain or to discuss with you.

You seem to live in a world of emotional desert and self-centered reward. I didn't see you that way, so I am disapointed.
    But. . .oh well. . .that's what runawy capitalism and entitlement of the wealthy does for one's soul.

Have a nice life.

5. dogtowner

dogtowner Moderator Staff Member

Warren Buffett has loads of money and he knows what he wants to do with every penny.
    And its not pay his taxes apparently.

6. Dawkinsrocks

BTW what is wrong with sharing a tiny bit of your wealth so that everyone can get good healthcare?

Seems to me that you would have to a real shit to object

That is why most western nations don't

Only the mad USA

7. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

I do have a plan for what I am doing with my money -- I certainly don't have wads of cash stuffed under the mattress as you seem to imply. I have an investment plan, business plans etc.

I probably give more to charity every year than most people earn. Lets not pretend I am not helping anyone here.

I have created jobs, I have supported numerous charities -- and you tell me I am not helping?

I operate under the same tax code that everyone else does.

Let's not pretend that being "rich" and being "Christian" cannot coexist.

Why? Because I believe I shouldn't be forced to subsidize the existence of others unless I want to?

Sounds like you are having a bad day.

8. Dawkinsrocks

The bible says it is harder for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven than form a camel to go through the eye of a needle

Yet another of the inconvenient bits eh big rob?

9. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

Seeing as how I don't take the bible literally..no, its not all that inconvenient.

But if you want to nitpick about bible verses, here you go:

All from Proverbs:

"The blessing of the Lord brings wealth, without painful toil for it."
    "He who works his land will have abundant food, but he who chases fantasies lacks judgment" (12:11).
    "All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty" (14:23).
    • "Lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent hands bring wealth. He who gathers crops in the summer is a wise son, but he who sleeps during harvest is a disgraceful son" (10:4,5).
    • "One who is slack in his work is a close relative of one who destroys" (18:9).
    • "Sluggards do not plow in season; so at harvest time they look but find nothing" (20:4).
    • "The cravings of sluggards will be the death of them, because their hands refuse to work" (21:25).
    • "I went past the field of a sluggard, past the vineyard of someone who has no sense; thorns had come up everywhere, the ground was covered with weeds, and the stone wall was in ruins. I applied my heart to what I observed and learned a lesson from what I saw: A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest--and poverty will come on you like a thief and scarcity like an armed man" (24:30-34).
    2 Thessalonians 3:10 says, "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

More here

10. Dawkinsrocks

Oh so you have some ability to interpret the bible accurately and to know which bits are literal and which aren't?

Interesting

Wonder why so many versions of christianity exist when they could all come to you for clarity

How utterly ridiculous

11. Openmind

Openmind Well-Known Member

No. I'm having a pretty good day, actually.
    I just need to get used to the idea that the "power" to "choose" what to do with one money is more important than helping people.

I'm glad you feel so good about yourself and all the "charity" you provide to "worthy" people. The rest, those who do not cross your path, or those whom the "right people" do not feel need or are worthy of help. . .the hell with them, right?

As I said. . .have a good, control filled, self-righteous life.

12. Dawkinsrocks

In the link I posted under 'this is America' it shows a CNN debate between the retardlican candidates

The anchors poses a scenario to them...

Suppose a man is in a coma and will die if he doesn't get healthcare and has no insurance, should we let him die?

There are screams of yes from the audience and not one of the candidates suggested that is in anyway immoral to allow your fellow citizens to die an unavoidable death due to lack of healthcare

To decent human beings this is shocking.

It demonstrates that relatively small amounts of money have a higher value than human life in the US and there is nothing more revelatory and obscene about your fucked nation than that

13. Dawkinsrocks

I guess that is the parable of the good Samaritan out of the window eh Pharisees?

14. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

Way to argue against something I never stated. :rolleyes:

What about the statement "I don't take the bible literally" translates to you as "I pick and choose what I want to view literally"?

Pandora likes this.
  15. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

Do you seriously not see the difference between being forced to do something and choosing to do something? I choose to help people everyday -- not sure why opposing being forced to do so somehow makes me some horrible person in your mind.

What is it exactly that you do to help these people? Donate? Great me too. Pay taxes? Great me too. What is it that you do that I don't exactly that lets you make some pathetic attempt at claiming moral high ground?

No -- I can't, and wont, help everyone-- nor do you, nor does the government. What makes the government method better than me getting to decide?

So I suppose its your right to change it for me?

Pandora likes this.