How many of YOU have read the Healthcare legislation?

Have you read the healthcare legislation

• Yes

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters

BigRob

I am curious to see how many people on this board debating the health care legislation have taken the time to actually read the different bills?

Werbung:
Reading it is one thing and understanding it is another. It is so thick with legalese that in one section there were references to 5 other sections which then referenced several other sections. This is a circular document to say the least. Once again the politicians have written a document that leaves too many loopholes and too much room for interpretation. We need more simplification and more clarity in our legislation.

I am curious to see how many people on this board debating the health care legislation have taken the time to actually read the different bills?

I did try to read a part of it and it was worse than reading the contract on your credit card statement.

I read words but understood nothing.

Does "shall" or 'will' mean the same thing as optional ?

if it is written we shall x y or z does that mean mandatory or optional?

I take we shall or we will as its gonna happen period.

If its written "may" like we may decide.. then I take that as possible but not absolute.

Too many words like that for me. I just want it cut and dry what they plan to do and its not written that way.

I did try to read a part of it and it was worse than reading the contract on your credit card statement.

I read words but understood nothing.

Does "shall" or 'will' mean the same thing as optional ?

if it is written we shall x y or z does that mean mandatory or optional?

I take we shall or we will as its gonna happen period.

If its written "may" like we may decide.. then I take that as possible but not absolute.

Too many words like that for me. I just want it cut and dry what they plan to do and its not written that way.

They don't want to work in absolutes. That doesn't give them enough wiggle room to provide campaign contributors financial opportunities.

They also need to boil the ocean instead of taking on one issue at a time. That way they can't truly be held accountable.

They don't want to work in absolutes. That doesn't give them enough wiggle room to provide campaign contributors financial opportunities.

They also need to boil the ocean instead of taking on one issue at a time. That way they can't truly be held accountable.

Agreed and that is one of the many reasons I could never support the government taking over anything... they are already screwing up too much.

I'm awaiting more ink before I undertake that task again...but a neighbor has the first 1100 page document printed up and we are going to get together and have a read though.

Pulling up the website seems to just lock my system up and I've managed only 3 pages to print.

Have you printed off all of the first option, all of the options...you didn't say?

I'm awaiting more ink before I undertake that task again...but a neighbor has the first 1100 page document printed up and we are going to get together and have a read though.

Pulling up the website seems to just lock my system up and I've managed only 3 pages to print.

lol, well good luck with the printing. You can read it online, but it will involve staring at a computer for a few years lol.

Have you printed off all of the first option, all of the options...you didn't say?

I have not printed them, I have been going through them online. I have not yet finished all the versions that are available, but I am getting there. Hope the eyes hold out. ;)

lol, well good luck with the printing. You can read it online, but it will involve staring at a computer for a few years lol.
Oh, no way...that is just the most escushyating thing to do to my eyes...if you saw the size of this font that I read with you'd understand...see here this size {20pt font} is what I have to read with and then I decrease it to {10pt font} and send it out!

I have not printed them, I have been going through them online. I have not yet finished all the versions that are available, but I am getting there. Hope the eyes hold out. ;)

The group of neighbors are: city council/teachers/a couple of preachers/and some of us regular folks...we usually have a book reading discussion group get together but we have taken this project on to see if we can unscramble the basics...:eek:
BTW we are all from different political sides of the isle too!!! It's going to be interesting if we can break in down into the simplistic KINGS ENGLISH...LOL

Democrat Congressman John Conyers said it's no good to read the bill and it would take two lawyers helping you. John never read it, but he says you must agree to it! No questions are to be asked.

Momma told me about these evil politicians, but I only laughed when I was a boy.
Momma was right as usual.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACbwND52rrw

Democrat Congressman John Conyers said it's no good to read the bill and it would take two lawyers helping you. John never read it, but he says you must agree to it! No questions are to be asked.

Momma told me about these evil politicians, but I only laughed when I was a boy.
Momma was right as usual.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACbwND52rrw

If you view this legislation as vitally important, does it not make sense that you would attempt to read it?

I have read parts, I don't have the free time to read many 1000 page bills that are changing as we talk anyway, nor do I have the medical training to understand it all. I have when people have cried about parts, tried to read the bill itself in question and are they talked about...and found shockingly...that they most often had no idea what they where talking about

I suspect most Americans wouldn't read 1000 pages of anything.
It's simply too complicated and it doesn't need to be.

Do you think the illegal immigrants are gonna even try, or is it
written in Spanish?

Illegals know it a free lunch since they don't pay taxes, won't pay taxes
and will never pay into the system, so they have nothing to lose.

But older Americans have alot to lose, like life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

The bigger question is "who is gonna pay for this bill?"
Obama has destroyed so many jobs and revenue is drying up.
The American people don't really want it, even if they haven't read it.

The Democrats pushing it like Specter, Conyers are arrogant politicians
that will not have to live with it.

I suspect most Americans wouldn't read 1000 pages of anything.
It's simply too complicated and it doesn't need to be.
What....you're expecting eight-more-years of Bush-style easy-answers to all of the Country's problems.....health-care, included??

Those days are over.​

Werbung:
I have read parts, I don't have the free time to read many 1000 page bills that are changing as we talk anyway,

But are those pages changing because people have read them and are really upset with them?

Seems to me if no one were protesting the bill would have been voted on, passed and law by now.

It is because people are reading it and getting really mad that they are HAVING to go back and change things...

Back