How do you celebrate Easter.

Aus22

It is Good Friday in Australia now. There are no regular programs on Tv or radio. This does not mean we have religious programs. There are none on Commercial TV here. The government TV will have a debate between Religious figures and Atheists on Easter Monday. We have hot cross buns ,which we had since January and Easter Eggs. The buns were onces a Lenten food now they are full of sugar and Chocolate. The Easter eggs use to mean New Life. Few Australians attend any church.

For those of us who do it means new Life and a promise that by God becoming man we will be united with Him.

Werbung:
It is Good Friday in Australia now. There are no regular programs on Tv or radio. This does not mean we have religious programs. There are none on Commercial TV here. The government TV will have a debate between Religious figures and Atheists on Easter Monday. We have hot cross buns ,which we had since January and Easter Eggs. The buns were onces a Lenten food now they are full of sugar and Chocolate. The Easter eggs use to mean New Life. Few Australians attend any church.

For those of us who do it means new Life and a promise that by God becoming man we will be united with Him.
This is one day I avoid

I did a quick google search for info on why. The egg and cross buns you spoke of made my hair stand up :( One of the biggest reasons I am not now and would die before becoming catholic
http://www.lasttrumpetministries.org/tracts/tract1.html

Oh come on

Lovely god made the world and us humans

Then he had to drown us all because of how badly we'd turned out

Obviously this couldn't have been a design fault

Then he had to have a son just so that he could be tortured and brutally murdered to save us

But that didn't really work because loads of people ae still lovingly going to be burned forever for thought crimes

To ensure lots of people get a taste of this burning before going to hell he lovingly gave us the catholic church that merrily tortured its way through the centuries, fucking little boys and girls and taking money off already very poor people

So let us celebrate the life, death and magically coming back to life of god who is his own father and his own son and also his own ghost even though he isn't dead

Lovely to know you can rely on some things

No colored eggs or cross buns in Indonesia.. in fact Easter is a non-event in this part of the world. Wait! The schools are closed today, Good Friday, out of respect for the Christian holiday.

Got off at my old job. no such luck now.

mainly take time to reflect on how my sins translsted into horrific sufferingChrist accepted for them.

This year for me, Easter will be; breakfast, church, Easter egg hunt, cook ham dinner for a house full of guests,, clean up and hopefully watch the last episode of "The Bible", go to bed.

Cruella, You seem to be having a Happy and Holy Easter. even in Melbourne things are changing. WE now have a way of the Cross possession among all major city churches. The Washing of the feet cer5nomy is becoming almost uni2012 Washing the feet.JPG versal. Today Pope Francis was the feet of women and Muslims as well as Catholic men, making it more inclusive.

Celebrate Easter in your own way. As long as you remember it commemorates the day God became man and enable us to be with Him for ever

I wonder why god made the world in such a crappy way that meant he would have to have a son just to kill him?

I know I'm not very good at getting this utter shite but come on

If I had a son solely so that he could be killed I wouldn't expect to be worshipped for it

Or if I made a devil and sin and hell I would expect to have to accept responsibility for it.

But then I suppose God's smart move was making millions of people stupid enough to not apply the same standards to god

Yes, that must be it. He made millions of suckers believe that when he does it it is great

I wonder why he also made intelligent people like me though?

Maybe his uber master stroke was to also not exist

That way the suckers he had made would believe anything he wanted them to and intelligent people would know he doesn't exist

Now that makes real sense

Tonight we had Easter Mass, It started with the lighting of the Easter fire, This fire was used to light the Parshal candle which in turn lit the individual candles. It was very inspiring

Attachments

• Lighting Easter flame.JPG
    Lighting Easter flame.JPG
    453.5 KB · Views: 1
Hey Aus, I was reading that Pope Frank is irking some by washing girl's feet and eschewing fancier vestments in favor of simpler ones. seems some preferred Ben's return to fancy garb and the more regal presentation he put on things.

Me I kinda like it. seems to be popular among the everyday sorts of people as well.

Dogtower Most people are happy to see Pope Francis washing the feet of gals and even Muslims. It has been done before. My Parish priest wash the feet of women several years ago. There are no rules about this as it is fairly new. The pope went to a jail to do it. Also not wearing expensive garb and trying to look like a king is appropriate. After all he is showing the humility of the master. There is a video of my Parish priest on the you tube under my name Lawrence Augustine

My plan: Go to church, come home, kick back, perhaps go to a nice restaurant for dinner with my wife.

my day: go to church, come home, discover water dripping under the sink, repair leaky valve, discover water dripping from the drain as well, go get new washers, discover they're the wrong ones, go back to Home Depot, install washers, discover hole in the drain pipe, back to Home Depot, install new drain, break old drain off in pipe, chisel and break it out, install new drain, discover that there is no cold water (even though I did nothing to that valve), take cold water valve off after turning water off to the house, discover it is plugged with sand and stuff, clean it out, put it back together, turn on the water, discover that I've loosened a bunch of debris that has plugged the faucet, take the faucet apart, clean it out, put everything back together, use old towels to clean up the mess, and call it a day.

plumbing, bah, humbug.

The best laid plans of mice and men and all that.

Dogtower Most people are happy to see Pope Francis washing the feet of gals and even Muslims. It has been done before. My Parish priest wash the feet of women several years ago. There are no rules about this as it is fairly new. The pope went to a jail to do it. Also not wearing expensive garb and trying to look like a king is appropriate. After all he is showing the humility of the master. There is a video of my Parish priest on the you tube under my name Lawrence Augustine

actually it is considered by some to have the Pope wash girl's feet. Some rubric or other and tied to men only priesthood. there's nothing biblical about it so its no issue to me. the pomp and such was favored by Pope Ben fans as he had brought some of that back from JPII dropping it.

Pope Frank is known to be a simple man and humble above all. great choice in my mind (a little old but so be it). the RCC needs this sort of good PR. if it ticks off some establishment types, so much the better.

Happy Easter from one Christian to another.

My plan: Go to church, come home, kick back, perhaps go to a nice restaurant for dinner with my wife.

my day: go to church, come home, discover water dripping under the sink, repair leaky valve, discover water dripping from the drain as well, go get new washers, discover they're the wrong ones, go back to Home Depot, install washers, discover hole in the drain pipe, back to Home Depot, install new drain, break old drain off in pipe, chisel and break it out, install new drain, discover that there is no cold water (even though I did nothing to that valve), take cold water valve off after turning water off to the house, discover it is plugged with sand and stuff, clean it out, put it back together, turn on the water, discover that I've loosened a bunch of debris that has plugged the faucet, take the faucet apart, clean it out, put everything back together, use old towels to clean up the mess, and call it a day.

plumbing, bah, humbug.

The best laid plans of mice and men and all that.

ugh

I hate plumbing

Werbung:
With my whole family...kids and grandkids...
What's Real
1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Mag’dalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.
2 And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.
3 His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow:
4 and for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men.
5 And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.
6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
7 And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.
8 And they departed quickly from the sepulchre with fear and great joy; and did run to bring his disciples word.
9 And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.
10 Then said Jesus unto them, Be not afraid: go tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me.

Back