Holocaust denier sentenced to 5 years

Werbung:
I wasn't aware that anyone here "represented" any country. Do you have diplomatic status? Do you lobby for a foriegn government? No one here represents anything but their own opinions. Oh, and by the way. Actual freedom of speech doesn't exist anywhere. Do you really believe that it is legal to say what ever you want, where ever you want, when ever you want? No, of course not. So I guess then it's not really a matter of principal but merely one of context and degree. The pompous horse **** just never stops.

It is not legal to verbally incite action that may cause danger. But asking for unconventional opinions about events hardly qualifies in the same category as yelling "fire" in a theater or cheerleading a crowd to pummel some homosexual or abortion clinic worker.

I wonder how many of these people get upset about burning the American flag in protest? Freedom of speech, isn't it?

A culture can't exist on biased facts which proven to cause death.

First of all, "facts" don't cause death, it's people's actions that are justified by "facts" that cause them.

And second, didn't you just say you anti-Semitism isn't a fact?

And third, tolerating the existence of anti-Semitism is not "basing a culture" on it.

(EDIT: And fourth, a "fact" cannot be said to be "biased").

Now when the Jews have their on political and military power it will be wise for us if we kill Anti Semites at their birth, in order to keep the world clean and safe.

Because English is clearly not your first language, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you mangled whatever it was you were trying to say here. So, what exactly were you trying to say there?

I don't believe those who question the extent or the causation of the Holocaust should be denied their forum. While at least 3 billion people have died since the Holocaust, the 30 million who have died since then hasn't been a result of hatred, rather the quest for power. Destroy power, not people is the only real path.

Is there something about this thread that's destroying people's ability to articulate coherent sentences in English?

I wonder how many of these people get upset about burning the American flag in protest? Freedom of speech, isn't it?

There's a difference between "getting upset" and thinking that a form of expression shouldn't be allowed at all without serious (and possibly life-ending) punishments.

I get upset about flag burning. But I don't support laws against flag burning (except maybe municipal ordnances that regulate it for safety purposes). But then again, the title of the article is not, "Holocaust Denier Upsets People." The man actually went to jail, where in all likelihood he will die.

The implication of the argument you just made is that anti-flag-burners are hypocrites if they support this guy's free speech. But that road cuts both ways. Do you oppose anti-flag-burning laws? If so, you're at least as much a hypocrite, by your own logic.

"MANNHEIM, Germany - A German court on Thursday convicted far-right activist Ernst Zundel and sentenced him to five years in prison for Holocaust denial in a case that underlined Germany's determination to prosecute people who claim the Nazis didn't murder six million Jews.
ADVERTISEMENT

The 67-year-old Zundel, who was deported from Canada in 2005, was convicted on 14 counts of inciting hatred for years of anti-Semitic activities, including contributing to a Web site devoted to denying the Holocaust — a crime in Germany."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070215/ap_on_re_eu/germany_incitement_trial

What kind of crime is that?

Looks like the thought police are alive and well in Euro-trash land.
And the liberals want to be more like europe? There go our freedoms...
Oh wait, we already have hate crimes legislation. We're almost there.

Looks like the thought police are alive and well in Euro-trash land.
And the liberals want to be more like europe? There go our freedoms...
Oh wait, we already have hate crimes legislation. We're almost there.

Looking at your signature quote..........you should be talking to the filthy rich Catholic Church.

Funny how people leap at the opportunity to defend someone's right to say anything. No matter what. As if anti semitism and holocaust denial has any intellectual capital at all. Like it's just another academic argument. Five years isn't enough. I hope he gets shanked in prison while giving one of his lectures. That would be justice.

While I agree wholeheartedly with this sentiment, still I feel it is stupid to lock people up for simply being stupid.

It is a poverty that a child must die so that you may live as you wish - Mother Theresa

I should talk to the Catholic Church about that? Why? They're against abortion, just as Mother Theresa was. Are you saying I should just sit down and have a nice, leisurely chat with the Pope about the goings-on of today?

Chicks dig me because I rule. :D

I should talk to the Catholic Church about that? Why? They're against abortion, just as Mother Theresa was. Are you saying I should just sit down and have a nice, leisurely chat with the Pope about the goings-on of today?

Chicks dig me because I rule. :D

What does abortion have to do with your quote?

I think Mother Theresa was speaking about the West's indifference to world poverty, not abortion. Though I don't know that for sure.

I think Mother Theresa was speaking about the West's indifference to world poverty, not abortion. Though I don't know that for sure.

I don't think it has anything to do with abortion either. The BOOB brought it up to distract from the fact that the Catholic Church is filthy rich and doesn't care about those in poverty.

Werbung:
I don't think it has anything to do with abortion either. The BOOB brought it up to distract from the fact that the Catholic Church is filthy rich and doesn't care about those in poverty.

It definitely pertains to abortion. That's one of the most famous anti-abortion quotes of all time. It's well known that she was talking about abortion and a quick google search will reveal this.

Back