Hillary Clinton 2008!

Werbung:
Personally i am hoping she doesn't run. I think the democrats need to get some new leaders in. Perhaps someone like Fiengold or Obama. Besides Hillary will have a hard time i think getting votes outside the Northeast and California as (right or wrong) she is simply too polarizing.

That being said if she does run and win the Democratic primary I will probably vote for her simply as i think she would do a better job and i would agree with her on the issues then most of the Republicians.

Hillary Clinton seems to have most of the attributes I expect in a politician but I'm reluctant to get enthusiastic about her. It's nothing to do with her position on issues. It's how she came to be in the position she's in. It seems to me she didn't earn her recognition, she got it by chosing to stand by her man. If there hadn't been the Bill and Monica fiasco I don't think Hillary would have gotten the positive press that launched her. That and she's not from New York. I didn't like the practice with the Kennedys, I like it even less with the Clintons.

I think most republicans are hoping for her to run for just such reasons. It would almost ensure a republican win!

Plumley, she actually has a pretty amazing past and has all the qualifications of a politician. She wasn't only a wife (not that being solely a wife is a bad thing) but also had a powerful career and was member to many organizations.

Will I vote for her? If she wins the nomination then yeah, probably, although I don't know that she's the best one for the job.

I wonder what will happen if she does run. I know the whole "women" issue is long gone, but I wonder if everyone would react the same.

I am guessing that Hillary will bend oiver backward by taking conservative positions to appear "moderate" (thus alienating many dems) and the Republicians will just attack her as ultra- liberal leftist. I don't think the whole women issue will be raised directly (as the Republicians don't want to appear anti-women) but will probably be raised behind the scenes. Though many other nations have had women leaders and they have served effectivly.

I wonder what will happen if she does run. I know the whole "women" issue is long gone, but I wonder if everyone would react the same.

I like Hiliary, I think she has proven she recognizes many of the problems that are wrong in our country and so far she hasn't been pandering and trying to come across moderate like many democrats feel the need to.

I think she will run and I don't think it's possible that she could do any worse than our current administration. I think she has a level head on her shoulders and she understands diplomacy.

As a former first lady she already has plenty of recognition in the global community, she's got charm, carisma, is intelligent, and well spoken. She could defintley smooth over some of the ruffled feathers we know have with some of our allies.

I don't know... I just don't.
More random though is the question of Oprah in 2008... lol
People are actually trying to coerce her into running.

Personally, I'd love to see a cross partisan ticket with Hillary and Colin Powell.

Now there would be an unbeatable team. :))

Now I must say, that is an interesting thought. They would certainly make an interesting pairing.

I don't know... I just don't.
More random though is the question of Oprah in 2008... lol
People are actually trying to coerce her into running.

I heard that one too on the news yesterday, and I was a little surprised. I don't think Oprah would get my vote...she doesn't even get my viewing for her show, so why would I want her to run the country?

I can't see her making a serious bid for the White House. As for Colin joining her - I'd expect to see the pigs flying first.

I think she is a highly capable politician and statesperson. However, I also think that 2008 is going to be an election that makes or breaks America. I think it would be fantastic, and essential that the United states have a female president in the near future, but as others have mentioned I think it's too soon. This country is horribly divided and I think the Democrats need to be both cautious and ambitious in this election.

Werbung:
That the country is horribly divided is an interesting observation- not because it hasn't been made before but because of what it refers to. I cannot be sure as to the extent of this percieved polarisation between the Dems and Reps and their various social factions, but there has been a sizeable amount of literature written on their purported opposition and, typically, complete lack of engagement over topics of disagreement. My question would be just how could this be fixed, since the very nature of the disagreements to me seem to be in the vein of fundamental issues that have bugged western civilisation for the last few centuries.

Back