Hi I'm snowbound

Werbung:
Stuck inside and bored to death?

Well... welcome.

But around here, you're expected to get into fights--no peacemongers allowed!

But around here, you're expected to get into fights--no peacemongers allowed!

An attitude that I'd love to see change around here. There's nothing wrong with a reasonable discussion. Some people might want to try it for a change.

An attitude that I'd love to see change around here. There's nothing wrong with a reasonable discussion. Some people might want to try it for a change.
Well... that's kinda' the problem, isn't it? Everyone thinks they're reasonable and it's everyone else that's just not thinking correctly?

Well... that's kinda' the problem, isn't it? Everyone thinks they're reasonable and it's everyone else that's just not thinking correctly?

Actually, the reasonable person will not hastily take the second step as you've outlined. There is no reason to believe that just because we see things differently, that one person must therefore be "wrong".

It seems like the favorite pastime here at HOP is to call your opponent "blind". It's such a stifling and trite tactic. Are we really just here to vent our frustrations at each other, or is there a chance for dialogue without the reflexive vitriol?

I think there's a chance... a slim one, but a chance.

Actually, the reasonable person will not hastily take the second step as you've outlined. There is no reason to believe that just because we see things differently, that one person must therefore be "wrong".

I think if you actually believe what you are saying, then that is exactly what it means.

It seems like the favorite pastime here at HOP is to call your opponent "blind". It's such a stifling and trite tactic. Are we really just here to vent our frustrations at each other, or is there a chance for dialogue without the reflexive vitriol?

Sorry, from now on I'll call you enlightened. But just to be clear, I will still mean blind :p

I think there's a chance... a slim one, but a chance.

Good luck with that.

Hi Snowbound...

I thought you were going to talk about all the snow in DC. Another 20 inches is on the way today and tomorrow. I love it.

DC needs to be snowbound for a few weeks so all those corrupt progressive politicians can't get anything done.

And, what about global warming????

Hi Snowbound...

I thought you were going to talk about all the snow in DC. Another 20 inches is on the way today and tomorrow. I love it.

DC needs to be snowbound for a few weeks so all those corrupt progressive politicians can't get anything done.

And, what about global warming????
"Oh, there you go again"...GOOD GRIEF - Gipper, haven't you been paying attention...the warming is happening right now...just north of us in CANADA...it's so warm up there (50's) that they are having to truck/haul/manufacture snow for the Winter Olympics ;) You really need to listen to some REAL NEWS programs...you are missing out on what is taking place around the GLOBE!

But your still a real sweety, even if you are so ill informed about world events:D

Does this board lean left or right?

It leans toward the irrationally cranky... to the point of meaninglessly idiotic and spiteful... on both sides of the aisle.

If that's your cup of tea, join in.

You can take my place. I've pretty much had my fill of it.

It leans toward the irrationally cranky... to the point of meaninglessly idiotic and spiteful... on both sides of the aisle.

If that's your cup of tea, join in.

You can take my place. I've pretty much had my fill of it.
The Way of Zen...

...hath no place herein...

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Werbung:
Back