Hi from Australia

We're in Iraq because it's the last easy oil left on Earth. That is, you can drill a large hole not too deep and get a very decent flow out of the well for a rather small energy investment. The projections are that we can spin it up to about 10 million barrels per day production in less than 10 years. That's for world markets, not just ours (the US), by the way.

For Afghanistan, it's pipelines, poppies and minerals--the world needs those, too. Period. End of story. Idealism or altruism is NEVER the true reason for wars--they're always resource supply oriented (or right-of-way), as bad as that sounds.

Werbung:
I've learnt a lot about the world on forums, especially about the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, suddenly I was confronted with a different point of view. Both our political parties support our troops in Afghanistan and they have no intention of bringing them home until it's safe to do so. I believed everything they told us without question, how it was right to be there, but now I don't think we should have participated in the invasion of Iraq and wonder if the people of Afghanistan really understand what we are trying to do. So many innocents have died, can we really justify these acts? Add WikiLeaks to the mix and the world has been turned upside down.

I just hope that powerful nations will leave Egypt alone and let them determine their own future without interference.

The whole CF with the middle east has been our doing. Ever sense Reagan we have been interfering with that region and it has hurt them a lot more than it has helped them. We should leave and let the regional forces figure it out.

We're in Iraq because it's the last easy oil left on Earth. That is, you can drill a large hole not too deep and get a very decent flow out of the well for a rather small energy investment. The projections are that we can spin it up to about 10 million barrels per day production in less than 10 years. That's for world markets, not just ours (the US), by the way.

For Afghanistan, it's pipelines, poppies and minerals--the world needs those, too. Period. End of story. Idealism or altruism is NEVER the true reason for wars--they're always resource supply oriented (or right-of-way), as bad as that sounds.

Hi Pidgey, what percentage of the American people would you say are aware of these facts?

Hi Pidgey, what percentage of the American people would you say are aware of these facts?

Hard to say, seeing as how the definition of "are aware of" is subjective. There have been mainstream news articles aplenty, but those don't assign a valuation to the facts with respect to one's worldview. That's the toughest thing to do, isn't it... connect the dots on a global economic scale? It is NOT to the benefit of the richest people in the world if you do it correctly, right?

That said, the percentage who correctly connect said dots is probably rather less than a single percent, but that's just a total guess on my part.

Right, we don't care if the Taliban takes over afghanistan, and invites al qaeda once again to use it as a base of operations against the US. Further, we don't care if islamofascists get control of pakistan, and their nukes.

What idiocy.

Right, we don't care if the Taliban takes over afghanistan, and invites al qaeda once again to use it as a base of operations against the US. Further, we don't care if islamofascists get control of pakistan, and their nukes.

What idiocy.

No preying on the fear of the public to push them into senseless wars is idiocy.

So, if Sparrow is still listening, he now knows how quickly a thread becomes derailed.

Why not start a new thread about Afganistan and Iraq?

Werbung:
So, if Sparrow is still listening, he now knows how quickly a thread becomes derailed.

Why not start a new thread about Afganistan and Iraq?

I'm a female sparrow and no threat to any other birds, feathered or otherwise.

Back