Hey guys

Apathy

I am apathy I will let you know off the bat so there is no guess work I am a big "L" Libertarian. I enjoy playing sports reading book and my most recent hobby is fiddling around on the internet.

Werbung:
so where are you from?
any political experience?
and how did you become a Libertarian?

Rank the following presidents A to F...and why...since none are Libertarians I am guessing can't have liked any of them lol but how well do you think they did..given the political options that they had available to them ( so doing something you like, but the public would kill them for, is not much of a option)
Obama so far
Bush
Clinton
Bush
Reagan
Carter

I am apathy I will let you know off the bat so there is no guess work I am a big "L" Libertarian. I enjoy playing sports reading book and my most recent hobby is fiddling around on the internet.

Erm, you only read one book? Which one? :D

1) so where are you from?
2)any political experience?
3)and how did you become a Libertarian?

4)Rank the following presidents A to F...and why...since none are Libertarians I am guessing can't have liked any of them lol but how well do you think they did..given the political options that they had available to them ( so doing something you like, but the public would kill them for, is not much of a option)
Obama so far
Bush
Clinton
Bush
Reagan
Carter

1) PA

2) Im not sure what you mean by this. If you mean "Have I ever sold my soul and became a politician?" Then no.

3)Long story Ill summarize... I was a GOPer regurgitating the lip service fed to me by the GOP. Then a good friend of mine showed me the facts. I thought they were for small government. Then I saw there regulation of morality and unconstitutional drug war. I thought they were fiscal conservatives but then I saw the numbers.

4) Obama F

Bush F-

Clinton C

Reagan D+

Carter C

Erm, you only read one book? Which one? :D

The one about da three little pigs and that mean wolf.
DunceCapEmoticon256.png

1)
2) Im not sure what you mean by this. If you mean "Have I ever sold my soul and became a politician?" Then no.

I more meant have you run for office, worked on campaigns, gone to school for a political or econ field ...anything like that,,,not just are you a politician..

as for me, to give you a idea since mine is back years so hard to find on here when I joined

From MN

BA in Pol sci, Minor Internatinal studies, also degree in marketing
worked on John Edwards primary ( I did not know he was such a prick yet) Kerry as well after that...becuse he was not Bush and he seemed decent though not a exciting choice....but not bush is pretty good for me.
Helped work on write in For mayor campaign while in school ..17 days before Election we got in the race...very little money, We have people who had work with the Green party, and hard core Republicans working on same campaign...the candidate went on to work for welstone...so proof that at the local level, both sides really can agree alot.

Many years ago i was more republican, Backed Bush I and thought he did a good job, but was disappointed when he back stabbed the Kurds in Iraq and the people of Iraq when he urged them to rise against Saddam...and then we did not back them like we said...Angry at the system I supported Perot...Voted For Perot against Clinton and Dole as well...went Green Party in 2000 but also joined the Independence party of MN, after helping Jesse ventura win. ..so I have gone from pretty right...to pretty far left....and would say I am a liberal , who is more conservative spending wise ( I believe in cutting where you can, but know sometimes you have to spend) I use to believe that big government was the thing we needed to fear the most...then I saw the truth, its big Business that has far more control and is far more dangerous then Government is.

Obama B-
Bush W...If there was a letter lower then F-...he has it
Clinton C- in part due to he had the most econ power at the time and political power to make changes..and did not...though I blame republicans for his impeachment holding that back as well
Bush HW C+ smart choice to not go into Iraq...things where not great but not horrible econ...as said before failed to back Kurds, a action I think still hurts us today.
Reagan...D...Huge budget spending, for mostly non needed military , while cutting taxes...leads to of course Red,,,,,ran with tail between the legs in Lebanon, and Iran Contra....way to much credit for ending Cold war...
Carter...He got dealt a hand you can't win with, and lost.... But great former President lol

I more meant have you run for office, worked on campaigns, gone to school for a political or econ field ...anything like that,,,not just are you a politician..

as for me, to give you a idea since mine is back years so hard to find on here when I joined

From MN

BA in Pol sci, Minor Internatinal studies, also degree in marketing
worked on John Edwards primary ( I did not know he was such a prick yet) Kerry as well after that...becuse he was not Bush and he seemed decent though not a exciting choice....but not bush is pretty good for me.
Helped work on write in For mayor campaign while in school ..17 days before Election we got in the race...very little money, We have people who had work with the Green party, and hard core Republicans working on same campaign...the candidate went on to work for welstone...so proof that at the local level, both sides really can agree alot.

Many years ago i was more republican, Backed Bush I and thought he did a good job, but was disappointed when he back stabbed the Kurds in Iraq and the people of Iraq when he urged them to rise against Saddam...and then we did not back them like we said...Angry at the system I supported Perot...Voted For Perot against Clinton and Dole as well...went Green Party in 2000 but also joined the Independence party of MN, after helping Jesse ventura win. ..so I have gone from pretty right...to pretty far left....and would say I am a liberal , who is more conservative spending wise ( I believe in cutting where you can, but know sometimes you have to spend) I use to believe that big government was the thing we needed to fear the most...then I saw the truth, its big Business that has far more control and is far more dangerous then Government is.

Obama B-
Bush W...If there was a letter lower then F-...he has it
Clinton C- in part due to he had the most econ power at the time and political power to make changes..and did not...though I blame republicans for his impeachment holding that back as well
Bush HW C+ smart choice to not go into Iraq...things where not great but not horrible econ...as said before failed to back Kurds, a action I think still hurts us today.
Reagan...D...Huge budget spending, for mostly non needed military , while cutting taxes...leads to of course Red,,,,,ran with tail between the legs in Lebanon, and Iran Contra....way to much credit for ending Cold war...
Carter...He got dealt a hand you can't win with, and lost.... But great former President lol

It appears I forgot to grade Bush the elder Ill give him an F.

No I have not done anything of that sort I want to avoid getting to involved with the political system. I plan on going to school to get a BA in secondary education.

As for foreign policy I fancy myself more on an isolationist. Economically all these presidents fail. IMO Clinton was better then BO at least he paid for his stuff and his impeachment was comedy gold. Clinton was probably the closest thing we had to a fiscal conservative in my life time.

It appears I forgot to grade Bush the elder Ill give him an F.

No I have not done anything of that sort I want to avoid getting to involved with the political system. I plan on going to school to get a BA in secondary education.

As for foreign policy I fancy myself more on an isolationist. Economically all these presidents fail. IMO Clinton was better then BO at least he paid for his stuff and his impeachment was comedy gold. Clinton was probably the closest thing we had to a fiscal conservative in my life time.

how Isolationist? like to the point of with no Pearl Harbor, you would stay out of WWII even if it ment Nazi's had all of EU ? or your just not invading small nations off our coast becuse you don't like them....Reagan I am looking at you....

how Isolationist? like to the point of with no Pearl Harbor, you would stay out of WWII even if it ment Nazi's had all of EU ? or your just not invading small nations off our coast becuse you don't like them....Reagan I am looking at you....

After pearl harbour had I been calling the shots I would have been there quicker than ****. Had there been no pearl harbour we wouldnt have showed up and I am fairly certain the nazis would have lost anyway. I would also like to remind you at that time we did not know what the nazi's were doing with their Jews.

Im isolationist to the point that is logical obviously there are something we just cant stay out of but we cannot be everyones hero all the time. Say a group of people are killing another group of people in cuba are we going to go in there in kill another group of people to stop them from killing? Then who will come after us? The concept is assinine killing people to stop killing.

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
-Gandhi

Also as Americans we assume we know whats best which is not true. We walked into the middle east with good intentions and we ended up making the whole situation worse. Plus it came back to bite us in the ass in 2001. I just ask when we do get involved we take all the potential consequences into account.

Welcome to the forum, Apathy. I see your screen name is a bit of irony.

It's good to see a young person have an interest in politics, particularly when you don't seem to think one extreme or the other has all of the answers.

Welcome to the forum, Apathy. I see your screen name is a bit of irony.

It's good to see a young person have an interest in politics, particularly when you don't seem to think one extreme or the other has all of the answers.

Thank you PLC1. Some say im an extremist but I guess that based on perspective to me it really doesnt matter if you are GOP, DNC, LP, Anarchist, Communist or whatever you might call yourself as long as you a person of logic we will get along fine.

As for my screen name its not meant to describe me nor was it meant to be ironic. It was a statement those who are apathetic to the point that they dont even care enough to remove themselves from their ignorance do great harm to the world and future generations. (Hence the crying child as my avatar.)

After pearl harbour had I been calling the shots I would have been there quicker than ****. Had there been no pearl harbour we wouldnt have showed up and I am fairly certain the nazis would have lost anyway. I would also like to remind you at that time we did not know what the nazi's were doing with their Jews.

Im isolationist to the point that is logical obviously there are something we just cant stay out of but we cannot be everyones hero all the time. Say a group of people are killing another group of people in cuba are we going to go in there in kill another group of people to stop them from killing? Then who will come after us? The concept is assinine killing people to stop killing.

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
-Gandhi

Also as Americans we assume we know whats best which is not true. We walked into the middle east with good intentions and we ended up making the whole situation worse. Plus it came back to bite us in the ass in 2001. I just ask when we do get involved we take all the potential consequences into account.

We had a idea what they where doing to the Jews , just not the extream extent of it.And with no US help the UK would have fallen in time..all his forces in Africa would be back to fight there as the brits had lost africa already...and once the UK went down, it was only a matter of time for the USSR I think...and Japan no one would have stopped them.

But that said, I think we need to be smarter about how we deal with the rest of the world but not Isolated. For example where would South Africa be if we had not got involved and pushed them hard? At the same time, US support of the Shah, lead directly to the Revolution and the radical goverment we deal with today...while our current policy of not supporting them had lead to the most pro west younger generation in the middle east, while our pro leaders of SA and others had lead to ...us hated more and more ...so we need to learn from that ...I think being to Isolationist cuts us off from everything from economics to our own security...but at same time being the world police, while helps out econ, hurts us as well at times to much

We had a idea what they where doing to the Jews , just not the extream extent of it.And with no US help the UK would have fallen in time..all his forces in Africa would be back to fight there as the brits had lost africa already...and once the UK went down, it was only a matter of time for the USSR I think...and Japan no one would have stopped them.

But that said, I think we need to be smarter about how we deal with the rest of the world but not Isolated. For example where would South Africa be if we had not got involved and pushed them hard? At the same time, US support of the Shah, lead directly to the Revolution and the radical goverment we deal with today...while our current policy of not supporting them had lead to the most pro west younger generation in the middle east, while our pro leaders of SA and others had lead to ...us hated more and more ...so we need to learn from that ...I think being to Isolationist cuts us off from everything from economics to our own security...but at same time being the world police, while helps out econ, hurts us as well at times to much

Do you think it is wise to enforce our popularity? That just leads to nations resenting us.

America: Be like us or we will come over there with guns and make you.

Shell I think it is time we start respect a nations sovereignty besides our own. The middle east doesnt need to be pro west we just need them to leave us alone. Which they probably would be doing had we not been pissing about in their holy land for the past 30yrs.

I am not an extreme isolationist at least not to the point it interferes with trade. I would like to think of the US as a bee hive as long as you dont throw any stones we will not bother you.

Werbung:
Do you think it is wise to enforce our popularity? That just leads to nations resenting us.

America: Be like us or we will come over there with guns and make you.

Shell I think it is time we start respect a nations sovereignty besides our own. The middle east doesnt need to be pro west we just need them to leave us alone. Which they probably would be doing had we not been pissing about in their holy land for the past 30yrs.

I am not an extreme isolationist at least not to the point it interferes with trade. I would like to think of the US as a bee hive as long as you dont throw any stones we will not bother you.

I think there are some moral issue was need to stand up for, and I think our popularity helps in trade, and security..and there is a difference between respecting sovereignty, and looking the other way are really bad human rights issues. And pro west, means pro , not killing us, so in that respect its good lol...problem is now if we supported true Democracy in the middle east...we would have to wait maybe 60 plus years before it actually benefited US in any way, rather then made our security worse...and most politicians are not up for that..problem is America is horribly short sighted on most things

Back