Heresy

At this juncture it would be good to hear from Nums about the validity of the Bible since he is supporting the Catholic church so vociferously. He admits the Bible is truths, half-truths, and lies used to manipulate people. See his post below:

Sometimes I wonder if you intentionally misread things or if you just have difficulty. Is it your bias?

Werbung:
No need to wonder aloud. You can simply google each and everyone of the schools. You might be surprised at the extent of human knowledge the jesuits have involved themselves in.

I think it is worth noting that the original question was how many schools were founded by christians. Nums listed only Jesuit schools. There are many more that were founded by other Christian groups. In fact most colleges in the early pat of this country were founded by Christian groups.

There are eight colleges in the Ivy League and I am willing to bet that 100% of them are Christian in their origin.

Salvation from what exactly???

From the sin that was made by the guy that god made knowing how he would turn out?

God made sin and he should pay for it.

If he had the decency to exist
Keep talking. When people visit this site and they see the quality of what you say versus the quality of what just about any one else says they will mostly conclude that the Christians are the better debaters.

Works for me.

That free will argment is pathetic.

God made free will in the knowledge of how it would be used.

Which makes god responsible.

Ask your 6 year old if he/she understands that.

If you can stop brainwashing then poor mite.

That didn't make any sense the last time you said it either.

More insults.

Still no fact or reason.

Moderators, I ask again, why do you permit this person to insult me time and time again and yet warn and ban me for far less?

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander" - Abe Lincoln

Here is more:
http://www.expertlaw.com/library/personal_injury/defamation.html

So if what you said really was stupid and Numinus just said aloud what many others thought then he said the truth. On the other hand if you were calling the actual people stupid and not just what they said then you might get banned.

I love the argument that the bible is allegorical.

Do you understand that no one actually thinks that the entire bible is allegory. They just mean that parts of it are allegory.

It evolved as science debunked more and more of the bible which is why the church hates science.

None of it has been debunked and the church does not hate science.
But here's the thing.

To write an allegory you have to know what it is that you are representing with you allegory.

Then I suppose it is a good thing that when God inspired people to write parts that were allegorical He knew what He was representing.
So why the **** didn't whoever wrote the bible write it in plain language to start with?

The bible says stuff in many different ways. Sometimes as allegory, sometimes as prose, sometimes poetry, sometimes songs, sometimes parables, etc. All the stuff you need to know is also written in the parts that are written plainly and translated int a language that you could understand if you wanted to. No one is stopping you from reading the parts you can understand.

Sometimes I wonder if you intentionally misread things or if you just have difficulty. Is it your bias?

NUMINUS said:
: "Perhaps, if you insist on some arbitrary standard of factual correctness. I can only wonder what kind of historical document could withstand that standard of scrutiny. After all, any historical document would necessarily be written from the writer's distinct and subjective point of view.

The different books of the bible were written in different times, in different social and political millieu, and with different target audiences. For instance, revelations was written in that manner perhaps because it was meant for the jews experiencing roman political repression.

Certainly, it was written precisely to fool the morons."

Did I misinterpret his meaning? If it is the Word of God, does it not have to be held to a higher standard than just any old history book? People live and die based on the stuff in that book, millions of Americans have been denied equality because of words in that book.

The chiurch was one of the biggest investors in and beneficiaries of the slave trade.

Next

Which church? The church of England? They just apolgised for the fact that one of their branches on one of it's plantations owned 665 slaves in 1833. I am sure that those 665 who were truly affronted represent a huge percentage of the world wide slave trade.

Maybe the Catholic Church?
http://users.binary.net/polycarp/slave.html

Maybe the Quakers? They were probably the single largest factor in the end of slavery in America and they never owned any slaves at all.

Did I misinterpret his meaning? If it is the Word of God, does it not have to be held to a higher standard than just any old history book? People live and die based on the stuff in that book, millions of Americans have been denied equality because of words in that book.

Yes you did. And you also added to the meaning of what he said. It is as if he just put an ink blot on the page and you had your own little Rorschach test.

http://holisticgender.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/rorschach.jpg

Werbung:
Back