Here's one reason the US is in trouble.

Werbung:
BLAME THE DEMOCRATS!!! We Should not be nice to Hugo Chavez hes not nice to US!!

In the seventies, my girlfriend did a paper on US foreign aid. She found that just about all of it was designed to keep nasty regimes in power ( e,g Israel, Egypt, Columbia) and usually involved the recipient countries buying weapons.

Comrade Stalin

In the seventies, my girlfriend did a paper on US foreign aid. She found that just about all of it was designed to keep nasty regimes in power ( e,g Israel, Egypt, Columbia) and usually involved the recipient countries buying weapons.

Comrade Stalin

Arranged by Jimmy Carter and his democrat congress as part of the camp david accords, the same agreement which got president anwar sadat killed and caused the birth of the modern islamofascist movement.

Arranged by Jimmy Carter and his democrat congress as part of the camp david accords, the same agreement which got president anwar sadat killed and caused the birth of the modern islamofascist movement.

Riiight! Only liberal Democrats supported dictators.

When you're driving down the road, can you see what is ahead of you, or only what is on the right and the left?

Riiight! Only liberal Democrats supported dictators.

When you're driving down the road, can you see what is ahead of you, or only what is on the right and the left?

come on your talking about someone who thinks that the murder of Sadat and Camp David....Fortune cookie world view...no info not spoon few in small amounts so as to not overwhelm can be processed. After all can't expect him to know that Hassan al-Banna, one of the key founders of violent form of islam preached by Bin Ladin and his kind. ...who of course died before Camp David was even a glimmer of a idea, and Israel was in its infant stages still of statehood

The paper was written in 1972.

Punked !!

Comrade Stalin

You need to examine what exactly the aid is used for, and what we get in return... just saying "we give aid" is irrelevant.

Exactly what the speaker was saying, decide the issue on a country by country basis.

I agree. I was not able to watch the video, but if that is what he said, then I agree.

I wrote my undergraduate thesis on foreign aid actually. I argued from the start that we needed to base foreign aid on where our interests could be most advanced.

Most of the arguments against boiled down to a morality issue, such as "If you see a child drowning in a pool, you will save him regardless of who he is." My argument took the approach of "The international system consists of 192 children drowning in separate pools. Since you cannot save them all, you have to pick and choose who to save based on where you interests are."

Werbung:
I agree. I was not able to watch the video, but if that is what he said, then I agree.

I wrote my undergraduate thesis on foreign aid actually. I argued from the start that we needed to base foreign aid on where our interests could be most advanced.

Most of the arguments against boiled down to a morality issue, such as "If you see a child drowning in a pool, you will save him regardless of who he is." My argument took the approach of "The international system consists of 192 children drowning in separate pools. Since you cannot save them all, you have to pick and choose who to save based on where you interests are."

Good analogy.

Moreover, when one of the people you save from that allegorical pool is not a child, but a dictator, his subjects tend to conflate you and the dictator. When they finally rise up and demand a change, they see you as a part of what they're fighting against. Example: Egypt.

Back