Hello

Werbung:
"lib" = anyone who disagrees with the Gipper on any subject.

That is a personal attack. You are banned for a week.

I disagree with you almost all the time. I am a conservative...a hardcore conservative. Can you tell me what you are....that is if you know yet?

That is a personal attack. You are banned for a week.

I disagree with you almost all the time. I am a conservative...a hardcore conservative. Can you tell me what you are....that is if you know yet?
Since I disagree with you probably 90% of the time, I'm 90% lib.

Since I disagree with you probably 90% of the time, I'm 90% lib.

Did you REALLY finally come to the conclusion that you are a lib? Or, are you still trying to determine what you are, even at your advanced age?

For one who believes in the AGW hoax and did not know the p-schools are overrun with liberalism, I still never considered you a full blown lib. But, I have been wrong once or twice.

I was a crisis negotiator for 26 of my 33 years in law enforcement. Being truthful is not natural for me. :eek:

Wow! I'm impressed! That's a tough job that requires really specific and very rare skills! As a former social worker, I have great admiration for people in the law enforcement field who specialize in using their "finer" more subtle skills rather than shooting first! I worked with people with mental illness. . .one who got shot by the police because the police prefer to shoot first and ask later!
You would have deescalated the situation (the poor guy was not even armed, but was brandishing a plastic sword. . .he was suffering from Schyzophrenia and was in a full psychotic break!). And . . you're right! In that kind of situation, "truth" and logic doesn't necessarely reach the guy . . .but bullets sure don't help!

Did you REALLY finally come to the conclusion that you are a lib? Or, are you still trying to determine what you are, even at your advanced age?

For one who believes in the AGW hoax and did not know the p-schools are overrun with liberalism, I still never considered you a full blown lib. But, I have been wrong once or twice.
By your definition, I've always been a lib, and proud of it too.

Now and again, we agree, but only when you're right.

Wow! I'm impressed! That's a tough job that requires really specific and very rare skills! As a former social worker, I have great admiration for people in the law enforcement field who specialize in using their "finer" more subtle skills rather than shooting first! I worked with people with mental illness. . .one who got shot by the police because the police prefer to shoot first and ask later!
You would have deescalated the situation (the poor guy was not even armed, but was brandishing a plastic sword. . .he was suffering from Schyzophrenia and was in a full psychotic break!). And . . you're right! In that kind of situation, "truth" and logic doesn't necessarely reach the guy . . .but bullets sure don't help!

Thank you for dedicating your life to helping others. Being a social worker is hard work, doesn't pay a lot but is self-rewarding.

You're right in there being problems with law enforcement and the mentally ill. I could go on in great detail listing many cases and incidents of people with mental handicaps being abused or killed due to lack of understanding from first responders. This is why mental institutions and professionals are working close with law enforcement recently to educate them on people with mental issues and how to deal with them.

Thank you for dedicating your life to helping others. Being a social worker is hard work, doesn't pay a lot but is self-rewarding.

You're right in there being problems with law enforcement and the mentally ill. I could go on in great detail listing many cases and incidents of people with mental handicaps being abused or killed due to lack of understanding from first responders. This is why mental institutions and professionals are working close with law enforcement recently to educate them on people with mental issues and how to deal with them.

Yes. In fact, after the sad incident (mentionned in the previous post) that happened in the town where I lived and worked (in California at that time) about 15 years ago, the local police did begin a special program to learn about mental illness and to work closely with the mental health community. There was an almost immediate improvement in the relationship of the people and the police, and that relationship of trust and understanding seems to carry on to this day (from what I read in the newspapers of my former town and what I hear from my friends who still live there).

Yes. In fact, after the sad incident (mentionned in the previous post) that happened in the town where I lived and worked (in California at that time) about 15 years ago, the local police did begin a special program to learn about mental illness and to work closely with the mental health community. There was an almost immediate improvement in the relationship of the people and the police, and that relationship of trust and understanding seems to carry on to this day (from what I read in the newspapers of my former town and what I hear from my friends who still live there).

I saw a huge push for mental awareness the last ten years or so in my law enforcement career. Most of us were required to take classes by mental institutions and meet with mental professionals. Because of my specialty I already was very familiar on how to deal with the mentally impaired but think these kind of learning requirements are good.

Werbung:
I saw a huge push for mental awareness the last ten years or so in my law enforcement career. Most of us were required to take classes by mental institutions and meet with mental professionals. Because of my specialty I already was very familiar on how to deal with the mentally impaired but think these kind of learning requirements are good.

Yes, the world of mental health is a totally different world, that most people cannot grasp. This is why too many people do not understand the real dangerous effect that the fearmongering and the nasty propaganda can have. It is obvious that most people will not see the picture of someone crosshaired, and think "let's kill her," but if that kind of aggressive and very descriptive propaganda finds fertile ground (like in the disturbed mind of someone with schyzophrenia or brain damage), it can plant a seed that can trigger a full fledge psychotic break. And this associated with the availability of guns. . .makes a very dangerous combination.

Obviously Palin and 99.5% of the tea party supporters didn't INTEND or PLANNED the attack on Gabby Gifford, but basically, the propaganda and the crosshair on her picture were a trigger for a sick mind. It had the same action has giving a box of matches to a 4 year old child. . .

It is certain that I will be bashed again for this statement. But it is my opinon based on my professional experience. I do not expect anyone without an intimate knowledge of the mental health field to agree with me.

Back