Hello

ThisTooShallPass

Hello all. I'm new to the board. I'm a recent convert to the Catholic faith and a big fan of philosophy. Hope to have some enlightening conversations.

Werbung:
Hello all. I'm new to the board. I'm a recent convert to the Catholic faith and a big fan of philosophy. Hope to have some enlightening conversations.

Welcome, I look forward to your posts. And, if you care to do so, I would also be interested in your journey to becoming a Catholic as an adult. Having been raised in the Catholic faith, having attended 14 years (including pre-school and kindergarten) of Catholic School, having spend 3 of my teenage years in a Catholic boarding school, I am interested in your experience.

Maybe I'll "see" you in a "religion, humanity" thread?

I am actually only now beginning the process. I will start undergoing RCIA in about two months. If you are curious to know more, I will be happy to update you as I go through the process. :)

Thank you for the welcome.

I am actually only now beginning the process. I will start undergoing RCIA in about two months. If you are curious to know more, I will be happy to update you as I go through the process. :)

RCIA? Roman Catholic Indoctrination Association?:rolleyes:

i won't be able to post as usual for the nexy few weeks because i had a car accident this morning and boke my collar bone. i need surgery on wed.

it is too hard, too slow, and too tiring (especially with the pain killers) to type.

good luck with your process, i would suggest, however, that, as part of that process, you take time to speak with a few "recovered catholics" as well.

i won't be able to post as usual for the nexy few weeks because i had a car accident this morning and boke my collar bone. i need surgery on wed.

it is too hard, too slow, and too tiring (especially with the pain killers) to type.

good luck with your process, i would suggest, however, that, as part of that process, you take time to speak with a few "recovered catholics" as well.

that sucks, hope your up and feeling better soon.

Those are never fun, rest, get well, and remember drugs are your friend.

I'm sorry to hear that, Openmind; I will hope and pray for a speedy recovery for you. And if you are up for it (I assume you are yourself a "recovered Catholic") I would like to take you up on your offer when you recover. Be well.

Kool? Do they teach you to cover up child abuse by the priesthood or does that just come with experience?

If you're going to compound your earlier follies with rudeness, you can at least be funny in the process.

I'm sorry to hear that, Openmind; I will hope and pray for a speedy recovery for you. And if you are up for it (I assume you are yourself a "recovered Catholic") I would like to take you up on your offer when you recover. Be well.

Thank you.
Yes, while I remain a firm believer in God, and i respect every religions who are not fundamentalist enough to negate by their narrow interpretation of the
holy books the much broader message of the universal, uniting God, I have evolved in a way that allows me to find an inner connecion with my personal but universal God though using some of God's greatest gifts to mankind: free will, intelligence, and intuition.

I do believe that God created mankind to His/Her/It's image. Unfortunately, I also believe that Mankind, with it's cultural, racial, intellectual, and time defined limitations have instead recreated a muc smaller, much more limited image of God to men's image.

This is today the basis of my relationship with God. A lot more to come if/when you are interested.

Werbung:
An explanation I heard recently about our many varying religions intrigued me.

We have one light, but many windows of many colors through which we see the light.

Back