Hello,Greetings, Background, A Poem & Bio-data

RonPrice

1. A Poem I Wrote:

My writing is remorselessly and, I like to think, glitteringly intent on diagnosis. The glitter of invention is, for me, everywhere and it is linked with and provides a distinctive literary identity, a creative abundance. For some readers I’m sure this is the case, but not for most. For most who chance upon my writing, the affect on them is enervating as it is for me after a long day of writing or even periodically in the course of any single day. I like to think my literary venture is gallant and ambitious, even if it is not really successful in the marketplace. My unremitting concern for detail, for analysis and for comment is not everybody’s and my advice to many would-be readers is to take my writing in small doses.-Ron Price with thanks to Vincent Buckley, “The Novels of Patrick White,” The Literature of Australia, editor, G. Dutton, Penguin, 1972(1964).

I create a world, too, Patrick;
I want to show extraordinary
things behind the ordinary,
the mystery and the poetry,
to transcend the tensions and
explore my world by words.

No mere surface impressionism
but passages, words, vibrant with
significance growing out of profound
numbness and pervasive inarticulateness.

2. EMPLOYMENT-SOCIAL-ROLE POSITIONS HELD: 1944-2007

1999-2007-Writer/Poet: George Town Tasmania
2002-2005-Program Presenter, City Park Radio, Launceston
1999-2004-Tutor and/or President: George Town School for Seniors Inc
1988-1999 -Lecturer in General Studies and Human Services
West Australian Department of Training
1986-1987 -Acting Lecturer in Management Studies and Co-ordinator of
Further Education Unit at Hedland College in South Hedland, WA.
1982-1985 -Adult Educator, Open College of Tafe, Katherine, NT
1981 -Maintenance Scheduler, Renison Bell, Zeehan, Tasmania
1980-Unemployed: Bi-Polar Disability
1979 -Editor, External Studies Unit, Tasmanian CAE
Youth worker, Resource Centre Association, Launceston
Lecturer in Organizational Behaviour, Tasmanian CAE
Radio Journalist ABC, Launceston
1976-1978 -Lecturer in Social Sciences & Humanities, Ballarat CAE, Ballarat
1975 - Lecturer in Behavioural Studies, Whitehorse Technical College,
Box Hill, Victoria
1974 -Senior Tutor in Education Studies, Tasmanian CAE, Launceston
1972-1973 -High School Teacher, South Australian Education Department
1971 Primary School Teacher, Whyalla SA Australia
1969-1971 Primary School Teacher Prince Edward County
Board of Education, Picton, Ontario, Canada
1969 Systems Analyst Bad Boy Co. Ltd. Toronto Ontario
1967-68 -Community Teacher, Department of Indian Affairs and Northern
Development, Frobisher Bay, NWT, Canada
1959-67 -Summer jobs from grade 10 to end of university
1949-1967 - Attended 2 primary schools, 2 high schools and 2 universities in
Canada: McMaster Uni:1963-1966, Windsor T’s College: 1966/7.
1944-1963 -Childhood(1944-57) and adolescence(1957-63) in and around
Hamilton Ontario.

3. SOME SOCIO-BIO-DATA

I have been married for 37 years. My wife is a Tasmanian, aged 60. We’ve had 3 children: ages in 2006-41, 36 and 29. I am 62, a Canadian who moved to Australia in 1971 and have written 3 books--all available on the internet. I retired from full-time teaching in 1999, part-time teaching in 2004 and voluneeer teaching/work in 2005 after 35 years in classrooms. In addition, I have been a member of the Baha’i Faith for 47 years. Bio-data: 6ft, 225 lbs, eyes/hair-brown, Caucasian. See my website for more details at: http://www.users.on.net/~ronprice/ and go to any search engine and type: ‘Pioneering RonPrice’ or ‘RonPrice Poetry’ for additional writings.

Werbung:
Welcome to you !

I have investigated the Baha'i faith a little and it certainly seems beyond reproach to me.

Have a good weekend Ron (I *think* Tasmania is around sixteen hours ahead of my time zone).

You have made quite an entrance, welcome to the forum!

(Just letting you know that none of the images on your website seem to be loading correctly)

My images got fixed by my son this last weekend. He is my problem-fixer and is only available on rare occasions. Anyway, thanks for the feedback on my site. I'll post here occasionally during these years of my reitrement and look forward to future discussions.-Ron

Welcome, this is a great forum. For the most part (save for a few nutters) most people debate their bowls pretty well and with at least some pointed logic. It is a great place to raise your blood pressure and infuriate you into a frenzy at times, but a grand forum nonetheless.

Goodness, here I am more than 3 years later. I like the clean-as-a-wisk, so to speak, background of this website. I post at many forums and each has its own ambience. This one is welcoming and constructive and, thusfar, have seen little of the endless casuistry one finds all over the internet, especially at politics sites. I wish the administrators well in maintaining such a high standard of what you might call "an etiquette of expression."-Ron Price, Australia

Werbung:
Back