Heaven Is for Real!

Gipper..I thought you would have over 100 response by now..There is a big difference between Christianity and Religion:As you probably already know..

Christianity is unique in the fact that it is the ONLY faith which is not a religion- as a 'religion'- by definition means "to be bound" by rules and regulations and rituals in order that one MAY attain salvation. (whatever their definition of salvation may be)This is in stark contrast to the teachings of THE most anti-religious person there ever lived- Jesus the Christ.
Jesus taught that the truth would SET YOU FREE and that it would be faith ALONE in His sacrificial death and resurrection for our sins which would save us and NOT our good deeds.

"For it is by God's grace that you have been saved, through faith. It is not the result of your own efforts, but God's GIFT, so that no one can boast about it." (Ephesians 2: 8-9)

This means that (although good in themselves and recommended) it is NOT by attending 'church', being baptised** or even believing in God! (Satan is not an atheist himself!)To put it plainly: We are saved by faith and DEMONSTRATED by good works- but it isn't the works themselves that actually save us.

"His choice is based on His grace, not on what they have done. For if God's choice was based on what people do, then His grace would not be real grace." (Romans 11:6)

You see, religion is humanity trying to reach God by their own efforts..whilst Christianity is God paying the price Himself- in essence- reaching down to us..it is a RELATIONSHIP with our creator.

best in all you do
doug

There are quite a number of non-Biblical sources which confirm the main events written in scripture.
This is a list of a few of the non-Christian historians and writers who lived around the time of the writing of the New Testament that wrote about Jesus:

Thallus,Tactitus,Mara Bar Serapion,Galerius, Phlegon,Suetonius,The Jewish Talmud,Josephus,Galen,Lucian,Pliny the Younger,Celsus and Numenius.

Even if we didn’t have the Bible at all, from these secular sources we would have a basic outline which matches the Bible:

That Jesus was born at the time of Tiberius, that people saw Him perform miracles and believed that He was the Messiah, that He was put to death and dispite this people claimed to see Him afterwards alive and worshipped Him as God.

I highly recommend these books: 'The Case for Christ' by Lee Strobel 'Who moved the stone' by Frank Morison and 'New Evidence that demends a verdict' by Josh McDowell. If you cannot find or afford these books, this site is excellent: http://www.tektonics.org/index2.html

Werbung:
Like Art Linkletter said,,, Kids will say the darnest things! If God cant show me something or answer my prayers then hes a phony like Santa Claus.

Yup im the judge i say that invisable man above the sky is B.S!!!

God loves you, Steve, He just has a strange way of showing it.

Gipper..I thought you would have over 100 response by now..There is a big difference between Christianity and Religion:As you probably already know..

Christianity is unique in the fact that it is the ONLY faith which is not a religion- as a 'religion'- by definition means "to be bound" by rules and regulations and rituals in order that one MAY attain salvation. (whatever their definition of salvation may be)This is in stark contrast to the teachings of THE most anti-religious person there ever lived- Jesus the Christ.
Jesus taught that the truth would SET YOU FREE and that it would be faith ALONE in His sacrificial death and resurrection for our sins which would save us and NOT our good deeds.

"For it is by God's grace that you have been saved, through faith. It is not the result of your own efforts, but God's GIFT, so that no one can boast about it." (Ephesians 2: 8-9)

This means that (although good in themselves and recommended) it is NOT by attending 'church', being baptised** or even believing in God! (Satan is not an atheist himself!)To put it plainly: We are saved by faith and DEMONSTRATED by good works- but it isn't the works themselves that actually save us.

"His choice is based on His grace, not on what they have done. For if God's choice was based on what people do, then His grace would not be real grace." (Romans 11:6)

You see, religion is humanity trying to reach God by their own efforts..whilst Christianity is God paying the price Himself- in essence- reaching down to us..it is a RELATIONSHIP with our creator.

best in all you do
doug

There are quite a number of non-Biblical sources which confirm the main events written in scripture.
This is a list of a few of the non-Christian historians and writers who lived around the time of the writing of the New Testament that wrote about Jesus:

Thallus,Tactitus,Mara Bar Serapion,Galerius, Phlegon,Suetonius,The Jewish Talmud,Josephus,Galen,Lucian,Pliny the Younger,Celsus and Numenius.

Even if we didn’t have the Bible at all, from these secular sources we would have a basic outline which matches the Bible:

That Jesus was born at the time of Tiberius, that people saw Him perform miracles and believed that He was the Messiah, that He was put to death and dispite this people claimed to see Him afterwards alive and worshipped Him as God.

I highly recommend these books: 'The Case for Christ' by Lee Strobel 'Who moved the stone' by Frank Morison and 'New Evidence that demends a verdict' by Josh McDowell. If you cannot find or afford these books, this site is excellent: http://www.tektonics.org/index2.html

Well said.

I would add that the disciples, after seeing Jesus rise from the dead, risked their lives spreading the good news. And, most if not all were put to death for their efforts. Now, why would they risk their lives like that knowing the Romans would execute them?

Well said.

I would add that the disciples, after seeing Jesus rise from the dead, risked their lives spreading the good news. And, most if not all were put to death for their efforts. Now, why would they risk their lives like that knowing the Romans would execute them?

Beliving something, and something being true...not the same. Do you even know that they belived it? Or do you know what someone wrote after..that they believed it? And even if they did, if one wished to have more followers...would not such a story possibly help this? thus incentive to make it up maybe?

and also many Muslims where persecuted for spreading the word of Mohamad during his time...does that mean the Koran is correct? David Koresh and his loony toons ..many where willing to die in a building in a shoot out with the ATF for his belives....does that Mean that Koresh realy was Jesus?

Beliving something, and something being true...not the same. Do you even know that they belived it? Or do you know what someone wrote after..that they believed it? And even if they did, if one wished to have more followers...would not such a story possibly help this? thus incentive to make it up maybe?

and also many Muslims where persecuted for spreading the word of Mohamad during his time...does that mean the Koran is correct? David Koresh and his loony toons ..many where willing to die in a building in a shoot out with the ATF for his belives....does that Mean that Koresh realy was Jesus?

Most of absurd.

You apparently know nothing about Jesus' disciples and why they did what they did. Get a history book.

This might help you. http://www.ichthus.info/Disciples/intro.html

I would caution against putting too much weight on passages with meanings that are not solidly and clearly apparent to all.

That verse seems to have two popular interpretations that many think are both valid.

The first is that an unbeliever who fully understands and has a small experience of the greatness of salvation, but without being saved, who rejects God, can never, at a later time accept salvation. I find this interpretation to be troubling as it supposes that the person tasted salvation without actually being saved; that the person accepted a meaningful crucifixion once that they cannot accept again. But if they accepted a crucifixion that was meaningful then in what way was there salvation only a "taste" rather than the real thing?

The other interpretation is that the passage refers to a Christian who is saved. It uses the word "if" to set up a hypothetical situation in which that person rejects God. Then it goes on to show that such a hypothetical situation would be an illogical argument and thus cannot be. This is consistent with Paul's other statement that a true believer cannot lose his faith.

Neither one of these is referenced in the unforgivable sin mentioned elsewhere in the bible. The best understanding of the unforgivable sin I have been able to grasp is that one who rejects God is unforgiven as long as he rejects God. This would be tautologically true.

I may be wrong about all three of those. Addressing the first interpretation as along time believer I do have a sense that no one is beyond the reach of God. Addressing the second interpretations I would say that there are many much more clear passages that state that true believers cannot fall away.

Ok Mark 2:28-30 not much interpreting there... Not very much interested in your cult.

If the intent of the book is to provide proof, and that is a pretty big "if" since I doubt either of us have read the book, then neither of us are in a position to comment on the validity of the evidence without actually reading it.

Someone who mocks evidence they have not yet evaluated proves them self to be closed-minded.

The excerpts and interviews with some of the "observations" of the boy in a coma as seen on TV are enough...one does not have to read the book itself. However, if you wish to waste your time reading such do-do, "How They Celebrate Christmas in Heaven", by Sylvia Brown prolific author, psychic, and convicted felon.
There is a plethora of such stuff in print for those born every minute.

Ok Mark 2:28-30 not much interpreting there... Not very much interested in your cult.

I understand that you are not interesting in becoming a Christian. I thought we were just talking about it. I hope we can have that conversation without insulting each other.

It does not meet the definition of a cult.

Are you sure that is the verse you wanted to quote? I can find no reference in any standard search to a 30th verse in the second chapter in the book of Mark. It seems that the second chapter of Mark ends with verse 28.

You are right that believing something and that something being true are not the same.

First let us establish that the disciples did believe what they wrote. It is an historical fact that they did indeed write it and that they did indeed die rather than renounce it. It would be pretty bizarre if they would be willing to die for a believe that they did not actually believe. It is very safe to say that they did believe it.

I will stipulate that many of the muslims you referred to believed what they died for too.

In the case of the bible then we have eyewitnesses who are willing to die for the claim that Jesus performed the miracles they report. The could be wrong, they could be right but what they are not is lying. By reasonably eliminating the possibility that they are lying we are one step closer to the truth.

The excerpts and interviews with some of the "observations" of the boy in a coma as seen on TV are enough...one does not have to read the book itself. However, if you wish to waste your time reading such do-do, "How They Celebrate Christmas in Heaven", by Sylvia Brown prolific author, psychic, and convicted felon.
There is a plethora of such stuff in print for those born every minute.

It is not my plan to read the book, defend it, or criticize it.

I was not aware that you had bothered to watch the interviews or read the excerpts before making your comment. Sorry.

Most of absurd.

You apparently know nothing about Jesus' disciples and why they did what they did. Get a history book.

This might help you. http://www.ichthus.info/Disciples/intro.html

It is pretty easy to find people who do not know enough about Christianity or its history who nevertheless make a lot of comments about it. Given how common that is we should probably find a gentle way to talk with them so that we can apply that gentleness far and wide.

You are right that believing something and that something being true are not the same.

First let us establish that the disciples did believe what they wrote. It is an historical fact that they did indeed write it and that they did indeed die rather than renounce it. It would be pretty bizarre if they would be willing to die for a believe that they did not actually believe. It is very safe to say that they did believe it.

I will stipulate that many of the muslims you referred to believed what they died for too.

In the case of the bible then we have eyewitnesses who are willing to die for the claim that Jesus performed the miracles they report. The could be wrong, they could be right but what they are not is lying. By reasonably eliminating the possibility that they are lying we are one step closer to the truth.

You say that they wrote them...but how many do we have actual copys of there writing on it? what we know today is translated and has been rewritten countless times, with many writers adding or changing or taking away things...

Also we all know how people can believe things greatly, but not based on any actual facts, and think they saw things. As I suggested, many other faiths have people who "witnessed" so many things...that often contradict the bible...it does not make them all true.

God loves you, Steve, He just has a strange way of showing it.

Well Wheres my Girl then? You need a woman in order to get a wife. What i suppose to do marry my pets like some assholes do? And Wheres my Millions? I still lose when i buy powerball tickets. What am i supposed to do? Rob some banks? Look this isnt the old west anymore where it was easy to rob banks and get away with it. Cause technolgy didnt excist back in the old west like now. Back in the old west Sheriff and deputies had Horses they didnt drive in squad cars and there were no cameras,computers,telephones or radios. Thats why it was so easy to pull off several bank roberies and get rich. If i had a time machine id got back to 1850s ride into town,,Wait before the bank closes. Banker will say were closed now,, Hes got the key to lock the door You draw your gun and tell him and others move back to the room. Tie them up and tie their mouths fill the money in the sack and then get out the back door drop money sacks. Go out the front door hop on your horse ride to the back grab the sacks then just ride out of town. By then youre long gone before towns folks find the bankers been tied. And then the law cant get me. You see its much much harder to rob banks today than it was back in 1850. They got camerias buttons to alert the police and sound alarms. So God hasnt gave my Millions that i wanted. So wheres my Love and my Money?

Werbung:
Well Wheres my Girl then? You need a woman in order to get a wife. What i suppose to do marry my pets like some assholes do? And Wheres my Millions? I still lose when i buy powerball tickets. What am i supposed to do? Rob some banks? Look this isnt the old west anymore where it was easy to rob banks and get away with it. Cause technolgy didnt excist back in the old west like now. Back in the old west Sheriff and deputies had Horses they didnt drive in squad cars and there were no cameras,computers,telephones or radios. Thats why it was so easy to pull off several bank roberies and get rich. If i had a time machine id got back to 1850s ride into town,,Wait before the bank closes. Banker will say were closed now,, Hes got the key to lock the door You draw your gun and tell him and others move back to the room. Tie them up and tie their mouths fill the money in the sack and then get out the back door drop money sacks. Go out the front door hop on your horse ride to the back grab the sacks then just ride out of town. By then youre long gone before towns folks find the bankers been tied. And then the law cant get me. You see its much much harder to rob banks today than it was back in 1850. They got camerias buttons to alert the police and sound alarms. So God hasnt gave my Millions that i wanted. So wheres my Love and my Money?
And you still have not found a girl who thinks that you are an attractive, good catch? Wow! What is wrong with them!

Back