Health Care; Going-It-ALONE!!

Mr. Shaman

"Three months before he was elected president, Barack Obama vowed not only to reform health care but also to pass the legislation in an unprecedented way.

But now, as a Senate vote on health-care legislation nears, those negotiations are occurring in a setting that is anything but revolutionary in Washington: Three Senators are working on the bill behind closed doors. :cool:

Senate Majority Leader Harry M. Reid (D-Nev.) sits at the head of a wooden table at his office as he and Sens. Christopher J. Dodd (D-Conn.) and Max Baucus (D-Mont.) work to merge two competing versions of health-care legislation into one bill. The three men will be joined by top aides as well as by members of President Obama's health-care team, led by White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel. The sessions started on Wednesday and could be completed this week.

The group will make such key decisions as whether to include a government-run insurance plan designed to compete with private insurance companies.

"This bill is being written in the dark of night," said House Minority Leader John A. Boehner (R-Ohio), adding that "the president ought to keep his promise to the American people and open this process up."

"It's ironic that Congressman Boehner would be complaining since he has refused every step of the way to participate in the effort to reform health insurance," Reid Cherlin, a White House spokesman, said in a statement. "The House and Senate have held scores of hearings on health insurance reform -- as Congressman Boehner well knows -- and at the White House we've held an unprecedented series of webcast meetings with key health care stakeholders to gather their input in a public forum."

It's TOO LATE, BONER.....ya' BLEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boehner2-thumb.jpg

Werbung:
....And, TAKE THE HEALTH-CARE INDU$TRY WITH YOU!!!!!

"It’s smoke and mirrors. It’s bogus. And it’s all too familiar. Every time we get close to passing reform, the insurance companies produce these phony studies as a prescription and say, “Take one of these, and call us in a decade.” Well, not this time. The fact is, the insurance industry is making this last-ditch effort to stop reform even as costs continue to rise and our health care dollars continue to be poured into their profits, bonuses, and administrative costs that do nothing to make us healthy – that often actually go toward figuring out how to avoid covering people."

The point he was making, as I see it, was two fold.

First, the relative cost of taking care of just the military is a fraction of multi-trillions it would cost to take care of everyone.

Second, the VA system sucks. Most people know this, and avoid VA hospitals whenever possible.

Finally, by the numbers, how much would care for everyone based on the VA system cost?

The VA system costs $53 Billion dollars according to Obama's budget, yet is serves only 8 million vets. If that number seems low, many Vets do not enroll in the VA system.

There are currently 306 Million people in the US. That would be roughly $2,027 Billion dollars to cover everyone under the VA system.

The total tax revenue for 2009 is estimated at $2.33 Trillion dollars.

Does this seem doable to you?

It's TOO LATE, BONER.....ya' BLEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boehner2-thumb.jpg

GEE! According to Shaman , Conservative , republicans , and sane democrats
have no RIGHT to protest Obama's fascist take over of our Nations Health Care. Why? , here is Obama , who has a record in just ten months of destroying the AMERICA we know and love. Obama wants to REMAKE AMERICA into his FASCIST AMERICA. Our Children will never know the GREAT AMERICA you and I were reared in . The AMERICA that has led the world and freed millions of the worlds citizens . Obama and his ACORN's want to destroy the America we WANT and NEED. People like Shaman support his effort to silence us , NO !, objecting to fascism is not a reason to be quiet BUT a reason to SHOUT , STOP THIEF!! Your stealing our Future , our Childrens future! You saw what happened in 1930's Germany as German citizens were transported to Death Camps and the other citizens were silent. It caused millions more to suffer! So SPEAK out against Obama and his policies. In America WE must VOTE OUR PRINCIPLES over PARTY in 2010 & 2012. Do NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO SILENCE YOUR VOICE!! That is NOT what made AMERICA GREAT!

How come when ever people talk about how bad the government is and how much money it wastes we always hear the same people swear up and down that the military can never ever be a waste of money no matter what. Well let me tell you all something. The pentagon does waste money as a matter of fact do some research on the Army's brand new Comache Helicopter and also the army's new crusader program you know the one that is supposed to replace the howitzer system? Also get back to me on the Chinook's and inform me on how the replacement for that Vietnam era behemoth is coming along. Yeah these programs are awesome. I mean just like the F22 was state of the art but for some reason it's no longer going to be produced?!? Wonder why that is? Hmmmmmm oh yeah the JSF that's right....silly me and the navy spent money on brand new F18 E/F's too. Yet the marine corp is still with out a replacement for the harrier's. But I swear military spending is different then spending money on a public option or a bail out or anything else. Last time I checked we have a couple thousand nuclear warheads and I keep on hearing on how this country isn't safe. REALLY?!? December 7th 1941 then almost 60 years later 9/11 hmmmmm....I guess even if you have a strong military no matter who the enemy is if they are determined to kill Americans they will do it. As much as I would love to say we are invincible hate to tell you all we are not. Only thing we can do is prepare ourselves when we get attacked again. The money that the DoD spends increases every year and yet Americans continue to get killed so for those who champion that the only time the government does something right is when it is on the military....Well your wrong there too...

You are comparing taking care of our military, the same people who protect this nation, to the current Obamacare plan?

Are you insane?
Some people are more-deserving of Accurate, Affordable, State-Of-The-Art Health-Care, than others, huh?

Some people have an obligation to Die?

You are comparing taking care of our military, the same people who protect this nation, to the current Obamacare plan?

Are you insane?

Yeah, it's insane to worry about the people who foot the bill. Even the ones who get tax credits are still needed to make American commerce work.

Without a base, what country would there be to defend?

Werbung:
"It’s one of the most crucial questions people have when deciding which health plan to choose: If my doctor orders a test or treatment, will my insurer refuse to pay for it?

Yet, how
often insurance companies say no is a closely held secret. There’s nowhere that a consumer or an employer can go to look up all insurers’ denial rates — let alone whether a particular company is likely to decline to pay for procedures or drugs that its plans appear to cover.

The lack of transparency is especially galling because state and federal regulators have the power to
fix it, but havent."

Back